Help! Baby #3 Is Owen to similar?

We already have [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Waller and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Is [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] too similar? I like [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] (but don’t want an Oli, [name_u]Eli[/name_u], and [name_u]Ali[/name_u]). We really liked [name_u]August[/name_u] - but baby is due in [name_u]August[/name_u]. I’m stuck!! TIA

I also like [name_m]Silas[/name_m], DH not sold and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] seems like an evil comic book character :joy:

I don’t think [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is too similar, and I like [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. I think [name_u]August[/name_u] is fine even if they were born in [name_u]August[/name_u].

2 Likes

I don’t think [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is too similar to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], they sound different enough to me. I also think [name_u]August[/name_u] is fine for an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby, it adds more meaning to the name in a way. Either of these options sound like they would be great for you! [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is my favourite.

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry! I actually think [name_u]Owen[/name_u] works beautifully with your set. [name_f]Olivi[/name_f]@, Elli0t and 0wen sound like natural siblings to me–unified, but not too similar. I also think [name_u]August[/name_u] works for an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby, and I love the name. I guess that’s not helpful for narrowing it down, but I do think you have two excellent options :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f], @geomom!

I actually think any of those three options would be awesome!

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] probably fits best with the sibling names in terms of popularity level and general “feel”, and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is a great combo. I love striking, unexpected [name_u]Blair[/name_u] paired with the more familiar, friendly [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

I really like [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and especially [name_u]August[/name_u] as well though, and I don’t think it matters when an [name_u]August[/name_u] is born — it’s an established enough name. [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] would be :ok_hand:

Good luck!

2 Likes

Owen [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is a very handsome name! It is not too similar at all to any of your oldest children’s names.
[name_u]August[/name_u] would totally work for a baby born in [name_u]August[/name_u]! [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] is a very charming and interesting name.

1 Like

I think [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] would be great! It doesn’t bother me that he will probably arrive in [name_u]August[/name_u]. [name_u]Gus[/name_u] and [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] are so cute! Other suggestions:
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]!

You could call him a different nickname than [name_u]Ali[/name_u] if you were really keen on [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], I would think most boys might get [name_m]Al[/name_m] as the default rather than [name_u]Ali[/name_u] if they had a similar name. Maybe that’s just because I know so many girls called Alison/Ally? Might be different in other areas.

I think either would be lovely with your other names though.

1 Like

I do think it’s too similar. Where did u get the idea for Waller? It’s very unusual.

I think [name_u]August[/name_u] is fine to use.

I think Oli, [name_u]Eli[/name_u], [name_u]Ali[/name_u] are cute together, but I agree they don’t really work IRL. But the suggested [name_m]Al[/name_m] would work.

Olivia Waller, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] &
[name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Edison[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]

Hi, Waller is my Grandmothers name and [name_u]Blair[/name_u] (for baby 3) was my DHs moms/GM name.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Funny coincidence- I had no idea [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] were the main characters on SUV. For baby #3 I liked the name [name_m]Fin[/name_m], but we ruled it out, well it’s Ice T’s characters name, :joy:

2 Likes

Owen [name_u]Blair[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] are so handsome !

1 Like

I think a baby named [name_u]August[/name_u] can be due in any month. I think own is a nice addition.

1 Like

I feel like [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] would work if they were twins but seeming a little too similar otherwise. I love [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]!

August!!! I would personally probably only name an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby [name_u]August[/name_u] but that’s just me… Such a handsome name.

1 Like

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] I think is just fine if you don’t mind them sharing initials
[name_u]August[/name_u] I think is good too no matter when he’s born. And I like the namesake middle.

1 Like

I would think about brothers
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] works
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u] ([name_m]Augie[/name_m])
Very nice

1 Like