Help! Baby boy #4 and at a total loss

We are expecting baby boy number four this Fall and are a total loss with this child’s name. We tend to go with classic, traditional names but want something that will also go with the other boys. Our current boys are

Patrick [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

In the running this time are [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. Thoughts? I think [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] sounds the best with the others but [name_m]William[/name_m] has become so common and I have never loved the name. [name_m]Edward[/name_m] we would call [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] or [name_m]Ward[/name_m].

I like [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]!

1 Like

I should also add, last name is Gorski which makes choosing a name that much more difficult. :sweat_smile:

If you don’t love [name_m]William[/name_m], I’d rule it out. Better to choose a name because you love it than because it sounds good with the others! :slight_smile:

[name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] both sound perfect in your sibset. I’m leaning toward [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], though, because I think it flows just that much better than [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. You can’t go wrong either way, but I think [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is very handsome and would be a perfect fit with your older boys!
(And now, seeing the surname, I definitely vote [name_m]Edward[/name_m].)

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this could help!

2 Likes

Your boys have handsome names! I love [name_m]Edward[/name_m] with them, I think it fits in perfectly.

This may sound odd but my choice is [name_u]George[/name_u] as the fn. you have two brothers who share the “P” name and I feel [name_u]George[/name_u] is the ideal pick because it ties in the other brother with [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] and [name_u]George[/name_u]. It seems like [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is the decided on middle. But I did want to agree with others [name_m]William[/name_m] shouldn’t really be in the running if you’re not sold on it but if you’re liking it I do see [name_m]William[/name_m] being a great middle option.

3 Likes

With your last name, I like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] best. [name_u]George[/name_u] goes well with your other boys’ names too though!

Agree that [name_m]William[/name_m] should be out if you don’t love it.

Is it acceptable have him go by his middle name? Nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]?

Patrick, [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Peter[/name_m] & [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]

1 Like

It’s acceptable and not unheard of. I have a couple of friends who have done this. I will say my mother was raised like this her first name [name_f]Mary[/name_f] but was called by her mn. She said it was painstakingly annoying in adulthood because it makes things complicated. Example your license says one name but you go by a different name. It annoyed her so much she ended up legally dropping [name_f]Mary[/name_f] eight years ago and making her middle name her [name_u]New[/name_u] legal first name. But she’s the only one I personally know that really advises against it.

[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]!

Would you consider just using [name_u]Francis[/name_u] as the first name if you like the nickname “[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]”? [name_u]Francis[/name_u] would also fit in well with [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], & [name_m]Peter[/name_m].

1 Like

Edward is great!! I’d also suggest [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother had the same experience—still has problems arising from it—so I tend to be biased against calling a child by their middle name. I think [name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] or [name_u]Francis[/name_u] as a first name would work just fine with your other boys’ names.

George [name_u]Francis[/name_u] would be my choice.

1 Like

I like [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] the best! What about [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], and…

Irving [name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Frank[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Ross[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

LMK what you think!!

Aw, your middle son’s name is my dad’s name reversed! Excellent choice haha. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite from your options is [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. I think it matches perfectly with your boys, and the nickname [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is just too precious!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] :blue_heart:

Christopher
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

Edward [name_u]Francis[/name_u] sounds like a great fit, and you really like it already!

I like [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] with your surname.