Help- baby boy a week overdue and still no name!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] All,

So I’m about to have baby #2 any day… was due a week ago and we still don’t know what we want to name him. We have a 3yo named [name_f]Olive[/name_f] already… our last name is [name_u]Winter[/name_u] so that brings up the typical noun issue, but at this point we don’t really mind the potential associations and are okay just embracing it.

Here are names we’re liking-

Mazlo
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u] (we’re aware of the whole [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] thing and kind of like it)

I like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] but but not sure due to popularity
and husband doesn’t love it.

Middle name could be [name_m]David[/name_m] (family name) we’ve also thrown around [name_m]Fox[/name_m] or using [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as the middle name.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks Namies!

I like [name_u]Grey[/name_u]… It’s very handsome! I like all your choices! [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a lovely surname…

I like the sound and appearance of Mazlo but it isn’t in the NB database. Perhaps it’s a family name? I also like Mazo. I wouldn’t personally choose Grey Winter for a name as he’s probably going to tire very quickly of all the comments he’ll get, but I like it in the middle spot. Mazlo Grey or Mazo Grey are very nice. Silas is great too but you want your husband to love the name too. Other suggestions that come to mind are Reuben Winter or Davis Winter (serves as an honour name for David).

Mazlo Winter
Mazo Winter
Davis Winter
Reuben Winter

I like the sound and appearance of Mazlo but it isn’t in the NB database. Perhaps it’s a family name? I also like [name_m]Mazo[/name_m]. I wouldn’t personally choose [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] for a name as he’s probably going to tire very quickly of all the comments he’ll get but I like it in the middle spot. Mazlo [name_u]Grey[/name_u] or [name_m]Mazo[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] are very nice. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is great too but maybe check statistics in the area you live to see how popular it is there and if he meets one or two [name_m]Silas[/name_m]’, so what, but that of course, is for you to decide on how popular of a name you want to choose.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
Mazlo [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_m]Mazo[/name_m] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

I like [name_u]Grey[/name_u] more in the middle with winter. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and Mazlo [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] are both nice. Along the lines of Mazlo… maybe [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] or [name_m]Renzo[/name_m]? I like [name_m]Renzo[/name_m] a lot. Good luck!

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and Mazlo. Mazlo [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is cute.

Have you considered:

[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] (adore this with [name_f]Olive[/name_f])
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]

Some other names I like with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and the last name [name_u]Winter[/name_u]:

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Boris[/name_m]
[name_m]Moritz[/name_m]

Good luck! I hope you get to meet your son very soon :slight_smile:

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a great name! If you like [name_m]Roman[/name_m], what about [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]? Still get the nickname [name_f]Ro[/name_f] and I really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] as siblings. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Winter[/name_u].

[name_m]Roman[/name_m]! [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m], [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]… all very striking and romantic-sounding.

I know you like it but [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] as a first-last name to me is a little bit too descriptive, plus it’s another colour name like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] - a bit too matchy maybe?

Mazlo is interesting but just makes me think “butter” (I’m a Russian speaker). I do like the suggestion of [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] though - [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] would be very cool.

Other ideas:

[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_m]Eero[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]/[name_m]Silvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m]
[name_m]Frey[/name_m]/Freyr
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Sven[/name_m]/[name_m]Svend[/name_m]