Help! Baby girl coming and we're lost!

[name]Hi[/name]. We’re new to nameberry. We have a girl on the way and my wife and I cannot agree on a name. We like unusual (preferably not in the top 500) and older sounding names. We already have a son named [name]Jasper[/name], from before Twilight I might add. That rules out any other gemstone names or any other name that start with “J.” (We don’t like the sibling alliteration thing.)

I was feeling [name]Willa[/name], [name]Pippa[/name], or [name]Prudence[/name]…but the wife vetoed them.
She was feeling [name]Phoebe[/name]…but I vetoed that.

We’ve been kicking around [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Primrose[/name] but are afraid they are TOO different.

We need help. Please give any feedback and/or suggestions. We’d really appreciate it.

[name]Hi[/name]!

Can I just say that [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Philippa[/name] “[name]Pippa[/name]” are great pairings? Really nice style you’ve got!

Anyway, I think something like [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Christabel[/name], [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Margaux[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Rosaline[/name], or [name]Sylvie[/name] would compliment [name]Jasper[/name]'s name very well.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I have never met a [name]Clementine[/name], but the name is pretty popular on this site and several people have daughters w/ the name. [name]Primrose[/name] is cute too! I have never met someone with that name either. I don’t think either name is too “out there”

To revisit/revise your previous suggestions
Instead of [name]Willa[/name] – how about [name]Wilhelmina[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Leona[/name], [name]Jessa[/name]/[name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Portia[/name], [name]Viola[/name], [name]Maeve[/name]

Instead of [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] – how about [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Pippi[/name], [name]Gemma[/name] (might not like w/ [name]Jasper[/name] though cause it has that “gem” feel"), [name]Isla[/name], [name]Layla[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Scout[/name], [name]Petra[/name], [name]Phillipa[/name], [name]Nessa[/name], [name]Polly[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Estella[/name]/[name]Stella[/name]/[name]Estelle[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Elsie[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Paloma[/name]

Instead of [name]Prudence[/name] – how about [name]Patience[/name], [name]Charity[/name], [name]Cadence[/name], [name]Harmony[/name], [name]Serenity[/name], [name]Serendipity[/name], [name]Constance[/name] (very cute!), [name]Sage[/name], [name]Sojourner[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Priscilla[/name]

Like [name]Primrose[/name] (some more “non-mainstream” flowers): [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Fleur[/name], [name]Flora[/name], Fuschia, [name]Azalea[/name], [name]Lavendar[/name]

Other names you might like:
[name]Chiara[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]/[name]Anika[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]

I’m really liking [name]Clementine[/name] with [name]Jasper[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are a bit wordy, bright, fun but still strong. I don’t feel that [name]Clementine[/name] is too different. It’s a word that is uncommon enough (ie. not used in everyday life) to work as a name, but it’s still also has history being used as a first name. I do feel like [name]Primrose[/name] is a bit out there (I’m not huge on the “Prim” part of it), but something like [name]Rosemary[/name] or, like another poster suggested, a more out there floral name would work. I like [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Azalea[/name], and I’d also add [name]Linnea[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Camellia[/name], [name]Hyacinth[/name] (one of my guilty pleasure names), [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Zinnia[/name] and [name]Olive[/name].

Crunchymama and [name]Lemon[/name] already gave you lots of good suggestions, but here are some names you might like as well:

[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Congratulations on your little girl!

[name]Jasper[/name] is an adorable name, and I think [name]Primrose[/name] would go beautifully… I know you’re worried about it being too ‘out there’, and while it’s very unusual for a name, it wouldn’t be too shocking to hear it, a benefit of choosing a word name. You and your wife may like another botanical name, though:

[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Clematis[/name] – out there, but is similar to [name]Clementine[/name], so I thought it might strike your fancy.
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] or [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] – similar to [name]Willa[/name], maybe your wife will prefer it more?
[name]Zinnia[/name]

Other suggestions:

[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Frederica[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Katarina[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Verena[/name]

I hope I found something that you like, or at least help you figure out what other names you don’t like!

[name]Cybil[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Heidi[/name]
[name]Lenora[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Imogene[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Iola[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Augustine[/name]

Sorry for repeats :slight_smile:

[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Elle
Penelope
Olive
Josephine[/name]
[name]Anabel
Lillith
Marigold
Ines
Estella
Estelle
Lucille
Evelyn[/name]

I love [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name], and I second [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Philippa[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name].

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Bounce :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Jasper[/name].

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]