Help! Baby girl due any day, but still unsure about names

[name]Hi[/name] - I am due any day, and we are having a hard time with names still - our little girl will be joining her big brother, [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Dylan[/name].

So far, we both like [name]Alexandra[/name] - but are split on a middle name.
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Blaire[/name]? And if not those, then what middle name would work?

We also like [name]Zoe[/name] ([name]Zo[/name]-ey), but are concerned about [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]… If we go with [name]Zoe[/name], how do people feel about [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]? Other choices?

thanks so much!!!

I do think [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name] are a little matchy-matchy – Z is such a distinctive first initial and if you’ve got two of them, you’re inviting comments and the siblings seem like a very matched set.

[name]Alexandra[/name] is compatible with [name]Zachary[/name] and I think your idea of a short middle name is a good one. I applaud you for choosing something NOT [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Grace[/name], the one syllable middle names du jour. [name]Tess[/name] is perhaps a bit slight and nicknamey for the very formal and florid [name]Alexandra[/name]. [name]Blair[/name] is okay but I’d spell it without the e.

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Blair[/name] would be my pick from your choices. I just thought that [name]Phoebe[/name] might be a nice alternative to [name]Zoe[/name] (both have ‘‘oe’’ and the '‘ee’ sound). [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are really cute [name]IMO[/name]

I, too, think that [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] would be a little match, but I think [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name] make lovely sibling names. Out of your options, I prefer [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Tess[/name], although I don’t feel that the name has enough hard consonants to really sound right on its own in the middle …

[name]How[/name] about [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] or [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Plum[/name] (if you feel like being a little eccentric)? I think both are beautiful names, and compliment [name]Alexandra[/name] perfectly.

It has to be [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I think you are looking for a name with wow factor, and this one has the elements, a gorgeous first name followed by [name]Kate[/name] one of the most appealing and spunky names going.

[name]Tess[/name] is kind of spunky and would be your best choice of the three.

If you are set on [name]Blair[/name] please don’t use the ‘e’ it just looks misspelled not feminine.

[name]Zoe[/name] doesn’t work in the mn spot and is out in fn spot because you are going to sound over the top matchy with two kids names starting with Z, and if you had a third child and kept the Z theme, you would have ZZZ. I would steer away from [name]Zoe[/name].

Ooooh, rollo, It really like your suggestion of [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! So pretty! I prefer the spelling [name]Cate[/name] though, but that doesn’t really matter.

I love the name [name]Alexandra[/name], it is really pretty (and my mn haha)

I like [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Blair[/name] best from your choices, I also like [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Beth[/name]

Fantastic and even more fantastic that [name]Alexandra[/name] is your mn! I like either spelling of [name]Cate[/name]. I am so happy that you may have a combo that is a keeper.

I know a lady with a [name]Zack[/name] and she loved and had considered [name]Zoe[/name] for her forthcoming daughter.She herself thought it sounded like a soap [name]Zack[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] . In the end she chose [name]Ruby[/name] ,which is a really
cheery name.Good luck.

[name]Do[/name] not name your daughter [name]Zoe[/name] - it’s a dog’s name, and [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] sounds pathetic.

[name]Alexandra[/name] is really cute! I like [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Claire[/name] better than [name]Blaire[/name], and [name]Tess[/name] is so-so.

Help me out! Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

[name]Alexandra[/name] is an absolutly beautiful name, have you tried [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Zoe[/name].
Good luck.

I feel there is a much nicer way of expressing your opinion. “Pathetic” is a rather harsh terminology. On nameberry we try very hard to be constructive in our comments.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions - it looks like my husbands choice of [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Blair[/name] is the winner - my onlyconcern is that it sounds waspy, but maybe i’m being silly!

I too love phoebe, but my husband has nixed it :frowning:
thanks again for everyone’s help!

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Zoe[/name]? I think your other middle name options make the name to long. And [name]Alexandra[/name] is such a beautiful and strong name alone I would’nt want to add on and overwhelm the name. [name]Just[/name] my thoughts; you have beautiful choices and congrats on your impending arrival!