Help! Baby name blues

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys! Our baby is due any day now and all of a sudden I’m struggling with that names we’ve chosen. My husbands name is [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and father in law is [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]. If it’s a boy we like [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] (does that sound weird?) or [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]… thoughts?? If it’s a girl I’m struggling between [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] or [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]… [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] we would shorten to elle at times and [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] could be [name_f]Bre[/name_f] for short… can you guys weigh in and help me out here?! Which would you chose for boy and girl. Thanks!!

I know a lot of people on here don’t like alliteration, but I think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] has a nice peaceful feeling. That would be my choice for your boys.

I love the name [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]–it’s on my list too! So my preference would be [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], but that’s just personal taste. Both ways are cute.

Suggestions based on these would be:

[name_u]Emmet[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Garret[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Austin[/name_m]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]
[name_u]Edlin[/name_u]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]

You already have great choices, though, and most people advise sticking with a name you’ve loved forever. Good luck!

I don’t mind alliteration, but [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] just doesn’t flow well in my opinion. Not a fan of [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] either… What about [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]? [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m]?

I like both [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for girls, so I would go with whichever you love more.

Thank you both so much for your responses. So many people have had such negative things to say about the name [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] for a girls name online that I got really worried about using it… one forum went so far as to say there Are so many pretty girls names that start with an E that why would ever saddle a girl with such an awful name, it got me really second guessing it… thanks for not being negative. Also, do you think people would constantly mistake it for [name_f]Alice[/name_f]?
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] is kind of nice too

I’ve never thought about it being mistaken for [name_f]Alice[/name_f] before, but now I can definitely see that happening. Maybe try recording yourself on your phone saying it aloud a few times and see what it sounds like in your voice. It could depend on your accent, etc… I know my own accent sometimes makes certain words/names hard to understand but I have a pretty thick southern accent.

I think it is pretty but will be mistaken for [name_f]Alice[/name_f] constantly. What about [name_u]Ellery[/name_u]?

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is a family name for me so personally I can only really see it on boys, but objectively I definitely think it’s usable for a girl! I do like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], but [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] flows so well and sounds so classic and lovely to me! I also think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] might get mispronounced as [name_f]Alice[/name_f] a bit. What about [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Declan[/name_m]? I love those two names so much! But [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] is also really nice… what about [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] for a boy? or [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]?

I personally do not like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] as a first name, I will second what previous poster said to use as a middle name [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] does sound really pretty! However, if you absolutely love [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], go for it!