Help! Baby to arrive in 3 days....

So… Surname is [name]IDE[/name]

We love [name]James[/name] as a middle name…

[name]Aiden[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Nash[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Brennan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]James[/name]

My husband and I are struggling… we need help but we want to surprise everyone also!

Has a 2 yr old sister… [name]Luca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - got girl name picked if girl.

[name]Hugo[/name], definitely! It’s an amazing name!

[name]Aiden[/name] [name]James[/name]- [name]Aiden[/name] [name]Ide[/name] does not flow well, so I would eliminate this option
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name] - I like [name]Harrison[/name], and I think you need a name that is this decidedly masculine as a brother to [name]Luca[/name]
[name]Nash[/name] [name]James[/name] - I like [name]Nash[/name], but it’s a bit brief, especially with a 1-syllable last name (and compounded by a 1 syllable middle)
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]James[/name] - Not sure if I like this with [name]Luca[/name]; I think the sounds are too close somehow, but I do like the name.
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]James[/name] - Again, [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Ide[/name] sounds odd; the names sort of flow into one another too much
[name]Brennan[/name] [name]James[/name] - I’m not a fan of [name]Brennan[/name]; I also think it sounds feminine, which may be particularly problematic with a sister named [name]Luca[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]James[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name]! BUT, [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Ide[/name] does not sound nice at all, unfortunately . . . there’s the repeating long i sounds, and then the fact that it sort of sounds like “why a tide?”

I think considering your last name and sister [name]Luca[/name], [name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name] is a clear winner. [name]Hugo[/name] [name]James[/name] would be my second choice.

[name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name] works really well.

With your surname, [name]James[/name], and [name]Luca[/name], I would say either [name]Harrison[/name] or [name]Brennan[/name]. Ditto to most everything Jlm said.

Good luck!

Thank you!

i forgot [name]Camden[/name] [name]James[/name] ide… I like that one too.

[name]Aiden[/name] [name]James[/name]: I agree that [name]Aiden[/name] [name]Ide[/name] doesn’t work (and it’s also beyond popular, along with the ayden names like [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], [name]Cayden[/name], etc…)

[name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] it, but when I say [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Ide[/name] out loud, the “son” from [name]Harrison[/name] attaches to [name]Ide[/name], and I hear something that sounds like “snide.” (That may just be me, though, but I thought I’d mention it just in case…) :slight_smile:

[name]Nash[/name] [name]James[/name]: [name]Nash[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name] doesn’t flow to me because every name only has one syllable.

[name]Hugo[/name] [name]James[/name]: I love it, but [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Luca[/name] have the same ooo sound.

[name]Oscar[/name] [name]James[/name]: I love it, but the R from [name]Oscar[/name] attaches to your last name to sound like “Osca Ride.”

[name]Brennan[/name] [name]James[/name]: [name]Brennan[/name] feels too feminine to me with [name]Luca[/name].

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]James[/name]: [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Ide[/name] sounds like “wide eyed” to me.

[name]Ide[/name] is tricky! Names ending in L, like [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ide[/name], sound like “Lied,” names ending in T, like [name]Everett[/name], sound like “[name]Tide[/name],” names that end in R sound like “Ride,” etc.

Names I can see with [name]Ide[/name] (no long I sounds or ending letters that form words with [name]Ide[/name]):

[name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name] (popular, but I can really see [name]Luca[/name] and [name]Anthony[/name] together…)
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name] (J and M heavy with [name]James[/name], though)
[name]Donovan[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name]
[name]Lorenzo[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name] (L theme with [name]Luca[/name], though…nn [name]Enzo[/name])
[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name] (Kind of M heavy with [name]James[/name], though)

I really like the y-ending names (and [name]Lorenzo[/name]) with [name]Ide[/name]. :slight_smile:

While I think that [name]Camden[/name] [name]James[/name] has a nice flow, [name]Camden[/name] [name]Ide[/name] sadly sounds like [name]Cam[/name] Denied when I say it out loud. :frowning:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I agree with most everyone’s comments here that, unfortunately, mean eliminating several names. You do have a tougher than average job here. I think [name]Harrison[/name] is best from your list. I also like the suggestion above for [name]Anthony[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Ide[/name], as well as several others in [name]Jill[/name]'s list above.

As an alternative to [name]Camden[/name]… what about [name]Cameron[/name]?

I too believe that [name]Harrison[/name] is the best match with your surname, and not only that the name is gorgeous.

I like the strength of the name, the way it flows with your surname and the modern vibe it exudes.

[name]Harrison[/name] or [name]Camden[/name] :slight_smile: