help!!! becoming a model. need a new name.

just a thought–

yellow, sometimes given the security issues in the world these days, pseudo names are suggested to try to help protect a performer’s privacy.

good luck.

whoa, thank you for all the responses. you guys are being so helpful!

so far i like:

[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]/[name]Claudie[/name] - too [name]Claudia[/name] Schiffer, though?
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name] - loved rollo’s suggestion of [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name]!
[name]Helena[/name] - love it!
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name] - i really like isabel, but i’ve only heard it on little girls
[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lilith[/name] - lily maybe?
[name]Lydia[/name]/[name]Lyda[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name] - I really liked quirkflower’s suggestion of [name]Magdalena[/name] with the nickname “[name]Maggie[/name]” or “[name]Lena[/name]”.
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name] - haha, oh my goodness! I had totally forgotten about this name. During my freshman year of high school my homeschooled friends and I put on our own adaptation of [name]Hamlet[/name] and i was given the part of [name]Ophelia[/name]…complete with a horrible wig because my hair was too short. This suggestion brought back so many memories! [name]Love[/name] it – and shakespeare!
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name] - really like this. makes me think of the tv star saba douglas-hamilton. i always thought she had a cool name.
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Sojourner[/name] - so different
[name]Talisa[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] - my vet’s name :wink:
[name]Zia[/name]
[name]Zora[/name] - i love how exotic ‘z’ names sound.

maybe that will give you an idea of the names i like :slight_smile: i think the only serious contenders from this list would be [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Georgina[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name], [name]Magdalena[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Sabina[/name], [name]Simona[/name] and [name]Zora[/name].

[name]Anna[/name], [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Roxana[/name] are still in the running…but I agree with bonnie1107, maggie might not “stand out” enough. what do you guys think? maybe if we paired it with a “bold” surname?

as for the issue of having a stage name, it’s very necessary. a search showed there are over 1,400,000 people with my exact name in the US so it would be all but impossible to stand out in a crowd.

[name]Maisie[/name] is another new “[name]Maggie[/name],” and it is different enough to remember while also fitting in. [name]Maisie[/name] also seems to me more “cute,” while [name]Maggie[/name] can be cute, girlish, grownup, sexy, or drop-dead gorgeous. Perhaps as some Maisies grow up and become drop-dead gorgeous, I’ll see that side of the name.

As everyone here who knows me knows, I love [name]Diantha[/name], although I seem to the only one in the world! I think [name]Diantha[/name] would perfectly suit a model as the name has always seemed statuesque to me. Perhaps it evokes memories of Greek statues of the perfect woman, then the “th” sound makes it just a touch exotic. Again, it is unusual and memorable but not odd, hard to pronounce, or too foreign for the English tongue to master.

If you became [name]Diantha[/name], you would be the only one!

[name]Maisie[/name] is a great fresher alternative to [name]Maggie[/name] since they’re from the same name, but I agree [name]Maisie[/name] is a lot more cutesy then [name]Maggie[/name]. I’m not sure if [name]Maggie[/name] really is a boring choice though. I mean are there actually that many Maggies out there? I feel like it’s a name everyone knows of, but it’s really used very often. I only know one [name]Maggie[/name] in real life, and the only famous Maggies I can think of are [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Smith[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] Gyllenhaal. I think [name]Maggie[/name] would work perfectly well for a pseudonym especially if it’s paired with a bold an unusual last name. If [name]Maggie[/name] is what you’re having a gut reaction to, then use it.

From your favorites I would go with either [name]Georgina[/name] or [name]Sabina[/name]. I know an eastern european [name]Sabina[/name] who is absolutely gorgeous, and you could pull off this look with your dark hair. As far as [name]Maggie[/name] goes… I do have to say I think its far too boring to be the name of a model. I have never liked it and its actually very common in my area. [name]Love[/name] [name]Sabina[/name] though, it has an exotic flair.

I agree with jackiet and I am sure that [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] would serve you well I think it is a classy, feminine, edgy name with a modern flair. Outstanding but not showy or prententious, easy to remember and easy to say. [name]Imo[/name] a keeper.

All the best

rollo

PS I wish you every success in your future career.

[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] is lovely!

Other suggestions with an exotic, European-sounding first name and a short, masculine last name, which give me a “model-y” vibe…

[name]Roxana[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Simona[/name] [name]Wells[/name]
[name]Xandra[/name] [name]Tate[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name]. It certainly has the model feel. However, i mist say it does come off slightly “Gossip Girl”, as one of the main characters is Gerogina and one of the main actors is [name]Blake[/name] (Lively)…something to think about!
I also really like [name]Ophelia[/name]!

[name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Grey[/name]. So pretty! :slight_smile:

Deesa and triceratops, both of your suggestions are very good and legitimate names for “futuremodel” to have a desire to use a pseudonym, I just questioned the situation because she said that her agency wants her to come up with a stage name. I happen to work at a well-known talent agency, and we never suggest to clients that they “should” use a pseudonym. I can think of only four or five clients that use stage names, and usually they’re just a simplification of their legal name (i.e. [name]John[/name] [name]Brown[/name] instead of [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Carlisle[/name] [name]Taylor[/name]-[name]Brown[/name]). Names just have so little to do with casting these days, it’s ALL about your picture(s).

With the upper tier of the model world being populated by names like [name]Molly[/name] Sims, [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Miller[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name] Sutherland, [name]Marisa[/name] [name]Miller[/name], [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Stam[/name], [name]Lindsey[/name] Wixson, [name]Catherine[/name] McNeil… It’s hard to imagine a name that’s “too plain.” If [name]Katie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] changes her name to [name]Talisa[/name] Coquillette, it is available to the general public (ahh, the internet age) and does cause some eyerolls of the “gimme a break” variety.

It’s of course futuremodel’s prerogative to use a pseudonym if she wants to, it’s just the fact that her agency was pushing the idea that made a red flag pop up in my brain. Not that it’s any of my business, but I would just be wary of the situation.

All that said, futuremodel, do you have any family names you could use? That’s often something that we suggest… to dig into your ancestry and explain away your “stage name” as being intended to honor a relative. It also helps you to identify with this new moniker, instead of feeling like it’s make-believe.

Hey, again!

[name]Claudia[/name], [name]Georgina[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name], [name]Magdalena[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Sabina[/name], [name]Simona[/name] and [name]Zora[/name] - With some of the names on this list, I worry that it looks like you are trying almost too hard to find a name that stands out, you know? I know these names aren’t totally “crazy,” but, with the exception of [name]Isabel[/name], they are fairly uncommon. I don’t think you want it to look like you have a “stage name” of sorts. You want it to feel natural!

That being said, there are a few I’d eliminate. I wouldn’t use the name of a current or recent-past model, so [name]Claudia[/name] would be out in my opinion. [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name], though definitely glamorous and lovely, might not set you apart quite enough, and though they feel princess-y, I think you need something that feels glam and tough. Does that fit the image you had in mind, or am I totally off base? [name]Ophelia[/name], to me, is a bit too unusual. I love [name]Ophelia[/name] as a name, and I love the literary ties, but I feel like she almost forces you into a character. Again, I could be totally wrong here! [name]Lia[/name], though, would be simple and elegant and lovely for you. I forgot what you said your heritage ways, but [name]Sabina[/name] - or [name]Sabine[/name] - feels very Eastern European to me. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with that, but I’m just not sure it would be my top choice for you as a model working in [name]America[/name], primarily.

So, which are my favorites? Well, [name]Georgina[/name] is stunning, as is the [name]Gigi[/name] nickname. It says model to me in a fun, young, playful way, and I definitely think you could pull that off with ease. [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] is gorgeous - was that intended as a first-and-last name combination, as I took it? My only worry with something like [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] is that it is rather Gossip Girl, you know? [name]Just[/name] sayin’. (And I’m allowed to say that because I’m twenty. Ha!) So, if you went with [name]Georgina[/name], I probably wouldn’t use [name]Blake[/name] as the surname - I’m thinking something short and sweet, like [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Finch[/name], [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Frost[/name], or [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Beck[/name] would be perfect. They are sassy, crisp, and memorable. They sound like excellent fashion names, I think!

My second favorite is a spin off of a name on your list - [name]Zara[/name]. No, not [name]Zora[/name], as I think the name has a bit too much of a harsh feel to it. [name]Zora[/name]'s great, and I do love it and its literary ties ([name]Zora[/name] [name]Neale[/name] Hurston), but I think [name]Zara[/name] feels a bit younger, a bit more glamorous, yet it also feels a bit more familiar - it sounds similar to [name]Sarah[/name]. It’s also got that regal, princess-like feel since [name]Princess[/name] [name]Anne[/name], daughter of [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] II, named her daughter [name]Zara[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] in the 1980s. With [name]Zara[/name], I think you could go with something a bit longer and more classic, yet still unusual, like [name]Zara[/name] [name]Newell[/name], [name]Zara[/name] [name]Davis[/name], [name]Zara[/name] Donnelley.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I agree with the last two posts.
[name]Love[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]'s idea of [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Finch[/name]. I like [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Finch[/name], too. So simple and natural.
[name]Love[/name] [name]Zara[/name], too!
You want to make sure your name sounds like a model and not like a B actress.
I love the idea of using one of your family names as your last name. And it would be great if your new first name had something to do with your real first name. Maybe they could start with the same letter or have a similar meaning.
[name]Just[/name] for fun, I recently chose a Chinese name for myself. It is [name]Lili[/name]. My name [name]Susan[/name] means “lilly” which sounds like the Chinese name “[name]Lili[/name]” although [name]Lili[/name] means something entirely different.

Another one I thought of today - [name]Zara[/name] Sedgwick. Yea, a bit close to [name]Kyra[/name] Sedgwick, but I love it!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS [name]Susan[/name], [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Finch[/name] was my favorite, too…

I love lemon’s suggestion of [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Frost[/name]! That sounds very model-ish to me ;). And I immediately thought of [name]Zara[/name] as a great name for a model. I feel as though [name]Maggie[/name] is too common for a model and wouldn’t make you stand out. While I like the name [name]Claudia[/name], you should probably avoid names that are similar to already famous models. I was going to suggest names that have the name meaning as [name]Claudia[/name], except Nameberry lists [name]Claudia[/name]'s meaning as “lame”, which is a bit of a turn off for me :frowning: . Perhaps you could try searching for names based on a meaning that is special to you, or that you really like? Or you could choose to use a name of a family member (aunt or grandmother, for example) that was really special to you. [name]Hope[/name] this helps :slight_smile:

Actually I really like [name]Maggie[/name]. Many models seems so aloof because they look so beautiful and serious. The name [name]Maggie[/name] seems cozy and warm and would stand out. Actually, I love it.

I like [name]Maggie[/name] too and love [name]Lemon[/name]'s LN suggestion of [name]Finch[/name]. Maybe its just the bird connotation I like? The bird reference compliments the connotations [name]Susan[/name] pointed out of [name]Maggie[/name] being cozy and warm. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Maggie[/name] [name]Finch[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name]

I think that you should go with something from [name]Margaret[/name], but [name]Maggie[/name] might not make you stand out. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Margo[/name] / [name]Margot[/name] / [name]Margaux[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Madge[/name]
[name]Midge[/name]

I also love [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] - [name]Georgie[/name] or [name]Gigi[/name] are cute nicknames.

I really think based on your description that [name]Margo[/name] would be my first choice for you. I also like [name]Greta[/name]… But I think [name]Margo[/name] could be a great one name name someday, if you make it big…

[name]Margo[/name] [name]Lake[/name]
[name]Margo[/name] [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Margo[/name] [name]Frost[/name]
[name]Margo[/name] [name]Hart[/name]
[name]Margo[/name] [name]Finch[/name]

What’s your favorite color?

[name]Margo[/name] [name]Greene[/name]

[name]Margo[/name] [name]Teague[/name]
[name]Margo[/name] Tremain
[name]Margo[/name] [name]Locke[/name]***
[name]Margo[/name] [name]Byrd[/name]

[name]Greta[/name] [name]Greene[/name] (like [name]Gretna[/name] [name]Green[/name]? hahaha?)

Actually, reading again, I think that [name]Maggie[/name] could be just what the fashion world needs. And I like the idea of using a family name for a last name! But yeah, [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Margo[/name], and [name]Greta[/name] are my top picks. They could all be models, and yet are staying true to you?

I still think that [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] is more of a standout name than the others.

I wonder what country futuremodel comes from? I believe that this will make a difference to her preferences. I think that a [name]Georgina[/name] would be much more likely to come from [name]England[/name] or Australia and a [name]Maggie[/name] seems to be popular with the U.S. nameberrites.

I think [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] is very today and noticeable and classy; and sorry to say this but [name]Maggie[/name] seems anything but classy to me. [name]Maggie[/name] is a friendly kind of name but really why would you choose it as a model’s name? It seems so plain to me.

If she was going to choose an M name then [name]Madeleine[/name] even though it is popular is a much nicer, classier and more feminine name.

I would not choose [name]Frost[/name] as it gives off a don’t touch me, I am precious vibe. A real ice maiden image imo.

futuremodel all the best.

rollo

In case you are considering [name]Margot[/name] (my mn) then I can whole heartedly recommend it. I have always thought it was so elegant and classy.