help!!! becoming a model. need a new name.

I actually really love [name]Frost[/name] for the last name. Especially if you go with [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Frost[/name]. The two names really counter each other and make a balanced pair.

alright ladies - i’ve narrowed it down! i’m either going with zara, roxana or maggie.

maggie is DEFINITELY the front-runner right now. whenever i say the name it makes me feel cozy and familiar…and of course it has the connection to my own name. there’s something about this name that i just love.

roxana and zara are “if-y”, but i still want to see the combinations you come up with. if something really stands out to me i’ll use it.

can’t wait to see what you come up with…you’ve all been amazing so far.

i found these names in my family tree…maybe they could be of some help?

phillips
hawkins
davis
west
johns
sinclair

[name]Sinclair[/name] and [name]West[/name] would be the two that stand out the most. Hawkins would be ok too, but it doesn’t have a great sound to it. [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name], [name]Maggie[/name] [name]West[/name], [name]Roxana[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name], [name]Roxana[/name] [name]West[/name] are all good. I don’t care for [name]Zara[/name] much, it gives me a trying too hard feeling for a pseudonym.

[name]Maggie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] [name]West[/name] jumps out to me too.

Maybe [name]Maggie[/name] Rox?

Well, [name]Zara[/name] [name]Phillips[/name] is a great name, but unfortunately, it’s taken! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Zara[/name]. Going to be heroine in one of my novels.

I really like Hawkins. And [name]West[/name]. [name]Sinclair[/name] is okay…

[name]Maggie[/name] Hawkins
[name]Maggie[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name]

[name]Zara[/name] Hawkins
[name]Zara[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name]? :?

I think I like [name]West[/name] the best with all the names.

[name]Love[/name] the idea [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Blake[/name] ([name]Blake[/name] as last name). Totally has a hot but sweet vibe – and a memorable rhythm.

I really like [name]Zara[/name] [name]West[/name]!
here are a couple other “[name]Zara[/name]” names

[name]Zaira[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zaria[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zarina[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zahira[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Grazia[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Mattea[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Mattea[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name]
[name]Feodora[/name] “[name]Feo[/name]” [name]West[/name] ([name]Feo[/name] is pronounced [name]Fay[/name]-o)
[name]Feodora[/name] “[name]Feo[/name]” [name]Sinclair[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zofia[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zofie[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zola[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zoa[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Zafira[/name] [name]West[/name]

Ooops! I went a little crazy!
:smiley:
Iz

I love [name]Zara[/name] [name]West[/name].

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Bentley[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Wilhelm[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Brighton[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] (has a very nice ring to it!)
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Deacon[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] Emerise
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Garnet[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Leland[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]March[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Riordan[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Samson[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] Truro

Think about it. Some of these would be so good. I could really see a famous supermodel with these names.

Hey, is your model name going to be just first and last, or are you incorporating a middle name? If the latter, I’d go with [name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. It’s just cool. It might be cool enough to not even need a last name, you know? You could be like [name]Lea[/name] [name]Michele[/name] (Glee) and not use your last name professionally!

Anyway, my favorites are [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Zara[/name]. I think [name]Zara[/name] stands out a bit more, especially with that interesting first letter - I can envision people calling you “z” - but [name]Maggie[/name] does have a very approachable feel to it. Either would be great! [name]Zara[/name] feels more high-fashion to me, whereas [name]Maggie[/name] feels a bit more commercial. Ha, I’m trying to be model-y…

The good thing is you’ve got some nice surnames in your family tree! I’d nix [name]Phillips[/name] because you’ve already got the famous - infamous? - [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Phillips[/name] and Busy Philipps. Ya, that’s how Busy spells it! And, if you went with [name]Zara[/name], you absolutely could not use [name]Phillips[/name], as that is the royal [name]Zara[/name]'s full name. You just can’t steal that! Hawkins sounds a little more dowdy than the rest of the names, but it could work with [name]Zara[/name] - with [name]Maggie[/name], it sounds like a character on [name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name]. Ha! [name]Sinclair[/name], especially paired with [name]Zara[/name], feels very upper-crust and British to me, whereas [name]Maggie[/name] Johns feels very school-girl to me. Okay, what does that leave us with? [name]Davis[/name]. [name]Davis[/name] is crisp and clean and strong - I like the sound of it, especially with [name]Maggie[/name]! Oh, and [name]West[/name]. [name]West[/name] is a great, great, great last name that is simple yet powerful. [name]Zara[/name] [name]West[/name] is stunning. I love that - it’s my favorite. [name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]West[/name], if you wanted a whole name identity, would be ideal.

So, I recommend [name]Zara[/name] [name]West[/name], [name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]West[/name], or [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Davis[/name]. [name]Zara[/name] [name]West[/name] gives you a stronger, more sophisticated feel, whereas [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Davis[/name] sounds like the girl-next-door with a big smile on her face. What look is more you? What look are you going for as a model? High-fashion or commercial? Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Because the agency was pushing for [name]Blakely[/name] I thought that the name [name]Blake[/name] stood out and I loved the combo of [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Blake[/name] but seeing as [name]Georgina[/name] is off the list I would choose [name]Maggie[/name]. In Australia we had a top model named [name]Maggie[/name] Tabberer, she is a very elegant lady.

I just love [name]Sinclair[/name], it is all class, you are so lucky to have that name in the family. I would definitely go for [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name]. I really, really think that this name would work in all the best ways for you in your career and in life.

A big vote for [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name]!

rollo

great ideas everyone!

for [name]Maggie[/name]: I really like [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Blake[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] [name]West[/name]. A colleague at work (I’m a real estate agent in NYC) suggested a couple of names today. Her suggestions were [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Bowen[/name]. It turns out I really like [name]Archer[/name] as a surname (and am I the only one who thinks “[name]Maggie[/name] [name]Archer[/name]” sounds like a movie character? lol, not saying that’s a bad thing…)). What do you guys think?

As for [name]Zara[/name], I really like withourwing’s suggestion of [name]Zara[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name](this has such a cool ring to it) and lemon’s [name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]West[/name] ("[name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]" is very similar to my birth name - always a plus).

I think I’m really close to making my decision but I still want some feedback from the name experts (aka: nameberries). I would also love to hear some more surname ideas. i love my family names and all but none of them really stick out to me.

thank you guys for your help! this means the world to me…

ps - [name]Georgina[/name] got dropped because I just didn’t “feel” like a [name]Georgina[/name]. I didn’t want to be stuck with a name that didn’t fit me… I think it’s beautiful, though, and was sad to see it go.

pss - if you met a [name]Maggie[/name] or a [name]Zara[/name] what would you expect them to look like / what would you expect their personalities to be? this is something i keep thinking about…

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]West[/name] is absolutely perfect, I love it. I wish you’d choose this one. Here are some more suggestions anyways.

(sorry for any repeats)
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Adaire[/name]
[name]Vida[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Salome[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Anette[/name]
[name]Zandra[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]

Surnames (even though I love [name]West[/name])
[name]Pryor[/name]
Pennington
[name]Winters[/name]
[name]Thurston[/name]
Dansby
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Parrish[/name]
[name]Wilder[/name]
Childs
Chambers
Hollins
Darling
Savage
Dunaway
Evers
[name]Forrester[/name]
[name]Gaines[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Ireland[/name]
Joyner
Kemper
[name]Livingston[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Noble[/name]
Passmore
Renswald
Sturges
Townsend
Upchurch
[name]Whitman[/name]

A surname that has always intrigued me is Spicer.

[name]Zara[/name] Spicer
[name]Maggie[/name] Spicer

OR:
[name]Sabrina[/name] Spicer (I just love the rhythm and the alliteration!)

Oh, and I’d nix Hawkins because [name]Jennifer[/name] Hawkins was Miss Universe 2004, and she has a huge modelling and TV presenting career in Australia. It wouldn’t surprise me if she gets more international work in the future.

Good luck!

Whether you go with [name]Zara[/name] or [name]Maggie[/name], I think you should just settle on [name]West[/name] as the surname. It’s stylish, you like it, and since you have a family connection to it it’ll be easier to explain why that’s your pseudonym. Saying it’s a family name sounds better than saying you picked it just because you liked it. Not very many people go by pseudonyms nowadays, so people are more likely to be critical about your choice.

well…it’s official. i just got signed on as [name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]West[/name]! :mrgreen:

thanks for all the great help…i’m so thankful — and excited! i’ll miss it here. thanks again!

Oh, I’m really glad you liked that suggestion enough to use it! Beautiful name! Congratulations on signing!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: