Help! Big decision today...

Our baby is almost 2 months old and its time to register them for their birth certificate today. We originally left the hospital with one name (without filling out the papers due to some doubt) and 3 days later when we back to fill them out we decided to go with our 2nd option instead. Now this name has somehow turned into a grey cloud over our household. One of us is having name regret over this name and it’s doesn’t seem to be going away (even though it was that persons long term top choice?!). We have opened the discussion about changing it since we haven’t yet registered for the B/C and we have come up with a 2nd option that we both like better. However the person who has no real issue with the current name thinks its easier to avoid all the confusion and just stick with what we have. The person who is having name regret, wants to change, but is afraid to do it again out of self-doubt created by this entire situation. Also despite loving the new option they are now somewhat concerned that it might be too close to the existing name of our other daughter. It’s all become a big mess.

Our older D is named [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. Currently we have been calling our 2nd [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and our new option to get out of this situation is [name_f]Eva[/name_f] (is it too similar to D1?).

Any opinions would be amazing. One way or the other we are finalizing this today in order to move on. Until that happens I don’t think anything will improve.

Thanks.

I love the versatility of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. it is my 7 year olds name and we love it.

I’m also the mom of an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and we also chose it because it’s a such a versatile classic – you can choose from so many nicknames, does one of them not appeal?

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a wonderful sibset, but [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] work, too, in my opinion. Similar, but not too too close.

If both of you now have your hearts set on [name_f]Eva[/name_f], if you mutually agree and feel strongly that [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is the one, then I say go with [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. But if there’s some doubt about [name_f]Eva[/name_f], too, then I’d stick with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], which has more versatility in nicknames.

Good luck!!

I don’t think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] are too close. I don’t know what to say about the overall situation, but if [name_f]Eva[/name_f] seems like the solution, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] & [name_f]Eva[/name_f] are great as sister names. Compatible, but not too similar. I really don’t think you can go wrong, but I don’t imagine it helps to hear that. Good luck!

P.S. Would calling her [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] or [name_f]Liza[/name_f] help the situation? [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] strikes me as having some of the same spunk and sounds as [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. And [name_f]Anna[/name_f] & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are also great together.

Both [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] are beautiful names and are nice with [name_f]Anna[/name_f], but I think you should go with what your hearts tell you today. If both of you prefer [name_f]Eva[/name_f] then I would change it but otherwise stay with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and like pp said, there are so many choices for a nickname if you would prefer that. Good luck in your decision.

I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] go well together.

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] are not too similar. I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] sounds great together.

Also a side not of information her middle name is 3 syllables (will keep family name) and last name 3 syllables.

If it were me I’d keep [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], since it’s been a long-time love (and I personally prefer it to [name_f]Eva[/name_f]). I’d choose an awesome nickname or two to try out on your daughter; there are so many lovely options! [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would be my first choice; [name_f]Bette[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f], or [name_f]Zibby[/name_f] are all fantastic too :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. It is a classic and is a perfect complement to [name_f]Anna[/name_f], which is also such a classic name. I like the fact that there are a lot of nickname options and choices as she goes through different stages of her life.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Libbie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and Zibbie
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] ane [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] ane [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Liese[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and Liesi
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Liz[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Bette[/name_f]

Good luck with your decision.

I prefer [name_f]Eva[/name_f] especially with a 3 syllable middle name. [name_m]How[/name_m] about naming her [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? So that [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] can stay with her too!

Personally, I prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a name and with [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. I think you need to both be in agreement with the name and the decision to change it.

I think [name_f]Eva[/name_f] goes well with [name_f]Anna[/name_f], and is not too similar at all. I would go with your heart. All lovely names so that is not in question.

I’d stick with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. But both names are wonderful so either way your daughter will have a beautiful name.

I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] together!! I don’t think they are too close and your heart loves [name_f]Eva[/name_f] over [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] so I think go for it!! If you don’t do it now you may end up regretting it in the long run.