HELP! Blended family sib set!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I need a girl name that “wows” you. I have four kids…two step daughters name [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], one son from a previous marriage named [name_m]Trent[/name_m], and one son with my husband named [name_m]Fox[/name_m]. We have loved having a fun/unique name such as “[name_m]Fox[/name_m]” for our boy. I struggle to find anything for a girl that would go with the others AND “wow” you. Help me make a combination with our favorites please!

We would love to use [name_f]Maren[/name_f] as a middle name as its honors our mothers and grandmothers. But, we don’t HAVE to use it. It could also be the name but I’m not sold.

Other names we like:

• [name_f]Carina[/name_f] (maybe call her [name_f]Nina[/name_f])
  • [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or [name_u]Gwynn[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (I think it’s cute with [name_m]Fox[/name_m] plus our last name starts with an “F”)
  • [name_u]Gray[/name_u] (family name)
  • Any variation of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] ([name_f]Lorraine[/name_f], [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] are my faves)
  • Any variation of [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] (family name)
  • [name_f]Leona[/name_f]

Please help!

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] feels like the best fit from your list. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is light, bright, fresh and interesting, but has the long history to stand up to her sisters’ traditional names.

[name_f]Carina[/name_f] and [name_f]Leona[/name_f] also work well. Have you considered the sweet and sassy [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] as well?

You might also like…

[name_f]Veda[/name_f]/[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Clio[/name_f]/[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Finola[/name_f]/[name_f]Finula[/name_f]
[name_f]Estee[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]/[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Camille[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] for you. Other names you might like:
[name_u]Bliss[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]–seconded
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
Ingrid
Margot
Bianca
Vera
Nell
Eve

Thank you!

Would you consider [name_f]Maren[/name_f] as a first? I think she would make a lovely addition to your sibset

[name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] perhaps?

I also like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]

Also [name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] or Romilly Maren “Romy” or “Milly” would be stunning

I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] for you.
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - because [name_m]Fox[/name_m] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is very cute, and they both share the nature elements.
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] - I think it’s a super underused name that is surprising, and I can so easily see 3 sisters named [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], but at the same time pairs well with [name_m]Fox[/name_m] & [name_m]Trent[/name_m].

Have you considered:

• [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Carly[/name_f], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] or [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]?
  • [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] (or [name_f]Neve[/name_f] or [name_f]Neva[/name_f]? - I think [name_m]Fox[/name_m] & [name_f]Neve[/name_f] would be super cute, and [name_f]Neve[/name_f] definitely has the wow factor for me)
  • [name_f]Talia[/name_f] or [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] (pronounced with the Thal-ee-ah)
  • [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] or [name_f]Winona[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Leora[/name_f] or [name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

My least favourites from your list are [name_u]Gray[/name_u] & [name_f]Nina[/name_f].
[name_u]Gray[/name_u] - I think it sounds like [name_m]Fox[/name_m]'s brother, not [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] & [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]'s sister, or [name_m]Fox[/name_m]'s sister. Maybe another colour name such as [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]? This just came to me and I think it might actually be perfect. Feminine enough to go with sisters names, short / word name like brothers names, and definitely has the wow factor.
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] - I find this pretty dated.

Overall, my favourite would definitely be [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Maren[/name_f], which I think is a really pretty combo!

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_m]Fox[/name_m], and [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]

I love [name_f]Carina[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], which is adorable with [name_m]Fox[/name_m]. The others are okay, but I don’t see them as WOW names. Please don’t do [name_u]Gray[/name_u]…that would be an incredibly dull name to bestow on a bright little girl.

I really like Carina from your list - think it would go wonderfully with your others, especially the girls’ (whose names are romantic and sophisticated) and nice that all have same starting letters and sounds. (Might be only a small chance that problematic, but better if next kid doesn’t have F or Ph starting name like Fox so they don’t seem like a sub-team.)

Otherwise maybe: Delphine nn Delphi

Thank you! I like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Talia[/name_f], and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]! My husband did not like [name_f]Talia[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] but the other two are ones to consider! Thank you!!

[name_f]Carina[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are my favorites too! Thanks everyone!

I really like [name_f]Carina[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] from your list.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] would be very pretty. Maybe [name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]. I also thought of [name_u]Ember[/name_u] or [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

[name_f]Cay[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] I think would fit.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a definite favorite of mine. Very light, charming and compliments [name_m]Fox[/name_m] nicely.

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] have stood out from both your list and suggestions.

My suggestions:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Lainey[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Carina[/name_f] for you! Such a beautiful name. However, I think my favorite is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I love how it ties to the sound of your last name and your sons’ name, and how it suits stylistically with your daughters. Some combo ideas:
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]

Other ideas:
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Galina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
Trianna
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]

I think my suggestions are seconding or third-ing previous suggestions…

From your list my immediate choice was [name_f]Carina[/name_f]. W/the blended set I like the idea of each child having their own unique first initial & initial sound. [name_f]Nina[/name_f] would work as an adorable nickname as well. Maybe…

[name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

I’m not crazy about using [name_f]Maren[/name_f] w/[name_f]Carina[/name_f] b/c of the repeated r & n sounds.

[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] is my next favorite…maybe w/a nickname of [name_u]Tali[/name_u]? Although I know you said your husband doesn’t like [name_f]Talia[/name_f]…

[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] is one of my favorite names, but then [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] would share an initial…but I do like:

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone! [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is s strong contender (although I saw phoebe in #50 today which I don’t like!) and [name_f]Carina[/name_f] —— is another! I agree that I do not like [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]…they sound too much alike. I’m not sure on a middle name option but I’ll keep thinking!!!