Help! Boy names are so hard!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy #2 is on the way and I don’t even know where to start…

Brother is [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Collier[/name_m] C—ll and goes by “[name_m]Collier[/name_m]”.

We don’t want anything too terribly popular, but to give you an idea of our style (popularity aside), we like:
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]/[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] could be used as a middle (hubbys name)

HELP!!!

What should [name_m]Collier[/name_m]'s brother be named?:confused:

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] or [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] would go with [name_m]Collier[/name_m] well! Is [name_m]Collier[/name_m] a family name? It’s so refined! I think another surname in the middle would be cool, like [name_u]Alcott[/name_u].

[name_m]Collier[/name_m] is my husband’s grandmother’s maiden.

I like [name_u]Alcott[/name_u]! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] suggestion, thank you!
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m] was on our long list and I think would work as a surname-ish middle, also?

I also like the idea of using “[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]” in the middle, but my husband isn’t sold on that idea!

I like the idea of another surname name to go with [name_m]Collier[/name_m]. I really like [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] and the suggestion of [name_u]Alcott[/name_u]. I also think [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] would be great. Other ideas:

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m]
[name_u]Walker[/name_u]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Thayer[/name_m]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]

@jtay07 ,

Thanks for the suggestions! I love [name_m]Anders[/name_m], but not [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Anders[/name_m] is ok on its own or can you think of any other ways to get there?

I also just came upon [name_m]Dax[/name_m] (not necessarily a surname), but feel it has too much of a nicknamey feel to be a full name. I’m wondering if there’s a longer name with a [name_m]Dax[/name_m] nn

Any other opinions! I’m stuck! :slight_smile:

Any other opinions or just readers? :wink:

What about [name_u]Abbott[/name_u]?

@rutled16 , Thanks for the suggestion. I think [name_u]Abbott[/name_u] with our last name sounds like one hyphenated last name when said together. Still searching for the perfect name!

Still searching!!! Any other advice?

I read your comment about [name_m]Dax[/name_m]. I have a [name_m]Daxton[/name_m] in my family if you’re looking for a longer name. Daxton Christopher sounds nice.”

I think you could shorten [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Dabney[/name_m] or [name_m]Devereaux[/name_m] to [name_m]Dax[/name_m]. [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] and [name_m]Collier[/name_m] make a nice pair, if the former doesn’t sound too repetitive with your last name…

[name_m]Davis[/name_m]
Hayes
Barton
Burke
Easton
Emerson
Kingston
Landon
Weston
Dalton
Finnegan
Merritt