Help - Boys First & Middle Name Ideas

Currently pregnant with my first child which is due at the end of the month - eeeek!!

Decided on our name for a girl a while ago but seriously stumped on a boys. I like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] & [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] but Dad isn’t 100% on them, any ideas for similar names that he may rather?

Also i would like to give the baby (if a boy) a middle name to honor my terminally ill little brother. His name is [name_m]Robert[/name_m] but don’t know whether to stick with [name_m]Robert[/name_m] or go with something different like [name_u]Robbie[/name_u] etc??

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

xxx

So sorry to hear about your brother! I’d probably choose to honour him in full with [name_m]Robert[/name_m] unless there’s a particular nickname that he always goes by and you think of him as.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] are lovely names and sound good with [name_m]Robert[/name_m] - what is it your OH dislikes about them? Is he not a fan of the -o ending? Because there’s always [name_m]Leon[/name_m] to get to nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m] or maybe [name_m]Charles[/name_m] for nn [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]?

If you could give a few examples of the sort of names he likes, or maybe a few others you like, it would be helpful to get an idea of your style.

But some that spring to mind which feel similar in style to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] are:

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]

I agree! [name_m]Leon[/name_m] and Arlon are great

Thank you very much for your help – it is much appreciated :smiley:

My OH doesn’t really have a reason for not liking the names, he is just being fussy. He has two kids already called [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] and [name_f]Missy[/name_f] so he is more a fan of modern names whereas I rather the older and more traditional. This is why I thought [name_m]Leo[/name_m] & [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] were a good mix of both.

I think the –o ending is what I like most about these names, it gives them such a happy sound to them :slight_smile:

I also like [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_m]Eli[/name_m] & [name_u]Ari[/name_u] from your other suggestions - will suggest them to my OH to see what response i get! Another all time favourite of mine is Laurie (for a girl or a boy).

The name we have picked for if the baby is a girl is ‘[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]’ if that helps you in anyway :slight_smile:

My little brother’s nn is [name_m]Bobo[/name_m] which we use all the time, he is rarely called [name_m]Robert[/name_m] however I wouldn’t use [name_m]Bobo[/name_m] as an official name.

xx

What about mn [name_u]Beau[/name_u]?

[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Nico[/name_u])
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Miles[/name_m])
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]

I like the mn [name_u]Beau[/name_u]! Thank you for that will suggest to my OH tonight :slight_smile:

[name_m]Clyde[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Dustin[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]