Help choose a name

We already have a 2yo named [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], and are deciding between [name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. Not sold on [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] though, maybe there’s a more suitable middle name.

Which is prettier, particularly the first name as realistically not many people know middle names of casual friends and acquaintances? Is [name_f]Holly[/name_f] dated? [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is sounding harsh to me lately with the ‘Z’ sound, but I may be overanalysing. It was lovely when I first thought of it!

I slightly prefer [name_f]Holly[/name_f] to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] I don’t think its very dated. [name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] is quite cute if you don’t mind the two nature names together like that. But as far as [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] goes I think [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is great. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is a lovely middle!

Definitely [name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]. Very soft and sweet.

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] sounds harsh to me as well.

I prefer [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] over [name_f]Holly[/name_f], but [name_f]Macy[/name_f] would be even better.

[name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] for sure, very pretty indeed. And I don’t think [name_f]Holly[/name_f] is dated, and [name_f]Holly[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is a really lovely sibset.

[name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] is a much cooler combo, and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Holly[/name_f] feel nicely sweet together. I find [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] a bit too sweet as a sister set.

I much prefer [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] to [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. What do you think of [name_f]Macy[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]?

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] or [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. [name_f]Holly[/name_f] is probaly better, [name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Briar[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] though.
My suggestions would be…
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Macy[/name_f]. [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] makes me think of linear! Thank you for your suggestions though.

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but not [name_u]Penny[/name_u]. So it’s out :frowning:

I never clicked that it’s two nature names! I’ll have to think about that.

I don’t think it’s too obvious or too much, personally. It’s just something I noticed. And I quite like nature names! All the best…

I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] are nice sister names. They are both simple, lightweight, rising in popularity, and have a classic feel.

What about [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]? I think that would be such a lovely name!

I think [name_f]Holly[/name_f] goes best with [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] feels dated to me and overly cutesy.

My daughter keep saying using holly, when referring to her dolls or an unknown person. I’m starting to wonder if she has an imaginary friend and don’t feel right about ‘stealing’ her name. So I think [name_f]Holly[/name_f] might be off the list. Still not sure about [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] though.

I’ve just added [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] (proper name [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]?) to my very short list. Her dad may veto it, but it’s there for now!