Help choose Simon's middle name! :)

Hello all! Thank you for being patient with my zillion requests for advice. This third boy is really requiring a marathon naming process!!! He’ll be here in 10 weeks or less, though, so we are fighting to get his name nailed.

Our initial favourite was [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], which is still on the table if he comes out suiting that name just perfectly. HOWEVER, it is the name of our second child’s beloved stuffed bunny who is in every picture and video of his life thus far, and called [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] by all our family and friends. So, the hunt continued and we’ve also fallen head over heels for the name [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. Two strong options for first names now has me feeling pretty okay with my due date rapidly approaching.

Now! Which middle name do you think flows best with [name_m]Simon[/name_m] as a first name? All of them mean a great deal to us for different reasons. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - named for my amazing dad
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] - my husband and I met on St. [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]'s [name_u]Day[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] - after [name_u]Francis[/name_u] of [name_f]Assisi[/name_f], a huge influence on my life and an advocate for gentleness, respect, compassion, and paying attention to the presence of God in all living things

Big brothers are [name_m]Eli[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]. Thanks so much for any help and guidance! <3

I love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] (what a great namesake!). It flows well, fits in with sibling names, has meaning and could also be a nod to your father via first initial.

I like [name_u]Francis[/name_u] as a middle for [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] too actually…

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] is such a great name and goes well with your other kiddos

You can’t go wrong with any of those middles and they all have lovely meanings

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] flows really well

But I’m a sucker for family connections so I also really adore [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

Oh, [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is just perfect with your other boys’ names!

I actually really like all of your options, so I don’t think you can go wrong whatever you choose, but [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] are my favourites. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would give all three boys the same syllable pattern, which is a nice touch, but otherwise I really can’t pick between the two!

Good luck.

My vote goes to [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

I vote for [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

Have you guys all been talking to my husband? :wink: His first choice is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], with [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] a close second. Thank you SO much for all the positive feelings for [name_m]Simon[/name_m], too! It was quite a haul sorting through every name on the planet to find one that fit as well as [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], but I’m just crazy about warm, sweet, handsome [name_m]Simon[/name_m] too. :slight_smile:

I also love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] with your other boys’ names, he fits like a glove :slight_smile: [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] really catches my fancy - that’s an amazing namesake to give to your child! But both the other combos are handsome, too

I love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!!!

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would be my first choice, the flow of it is gorgeous and works well with your other boys 3-syllable middle names :slight_smile: also I love a good honour name! But I do love how passionate you sound about [name_u]Francis[/name_u], it clearly has a lot of significance to you and as a namesake you can’t really get much better than [name_u]Francis[/name_u] of [name_f]Assisi[/name_f]!! Either way I think both work with [name_m]Simon[/name_m] fantastically, and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] itself is a lovely yet underrated name. I’ve only ever known one [name_m]Simon[/name_m] even remotely close to my age (nearly 10 years older, mind!) And I think it’s time [name_m]Simon[/name_m] makes a comeback. I like it more than [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], too