Help! Combine grandma names! 2 cultures

I have a middle name dilemma! My mother is lets say…opinionated. My mil is great. For our daughter I want the middle name to honor both of them and possibly my grandma [name_f]Ana[/name_f] but not super necessary. The thing is my mom has a very Romanian name and I married an American man (living in the US). I really don’t care if the first name “goes” with it at this point.

Their names are:
[name_f]Lorna[/name_f] [name_f]Jeane[/name_f] (pronounced like [name_u]Jean[/name_u]) (nickname [name_f]Lori[/name_f] but she hasn’t gone by that since she was younger.

And

Viorica Floare (nickname Vio or [name_f]Ica[/name_f] ) (fyi Viorica comes from the word for the sweet violet flower, and Floare literally means “flower”).

Help me combine these please!!!

So far I have [name_f]Floriana[/name_f], Florica(don’t like), Viorina(is this a name?), Lorina, Viorna? Help me.

If I can’t find a good compromise nobody gets honored!!! Which would probably save me a lot of stress. :mad:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] skip both mothers and go for [name_f]Ana[/name_f] the grandmother lol!

Hmmm adding together is difficult with these names let me take a shot…
Lorica
Viorna isnt bad
Florna

Maybe go with two middle names and do [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or name one child with one middle name and your next child with others middle name!

I like the idea of 2 middles. Maybe ~

___ [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
___ [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
___ [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
___ [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
___ [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Bloom ([name_f]Blossom[/name_f], etc.)

Some other names that come to mind ~
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]

A few options…

[name_f]Liora[/name_f]: it has the L from [name_f]Lorna[/name_f] and the -ior from Viorica, and the -a ending from both. It is a real name, originally spelled [name_f]Leora[/name_f], although the [name_f]Liora[/name_f] spelling is more modern and fashionable.

[name_u]Lorca[/name_u]: This one favors the [name_f]MIL[/name_f] given that it’s only one letter away from her name, but you could use your mother’s middle name as a second middle name to even it out. Obviously takes the Lor from your [name_f]MIL[/name_f] and the -ca ending from your mother. [name_u]Lorca[/name_u] is a beautiful but rare Spanish name, and relatively easy to spell especially for someone familiar with Spanish literature and poetry.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]: Combines the Vio from Viorica with the L from [name_f]Lorna[/name_f]. Definitely honors your mother a bit more than your [name_f]MIL[/name_f], but you said your [name_f]MIL[/name_f] was the easier one.

Good luck!

I really love [name_f]Floriana[/name_f], but I would agree with @nomiem, to just go with [name_f]Ana[/name_f]. And then it would also give you more time to think of how to honour your mothers if you choose to have another child.

I think [name_f]Floriana[/name_f] is the perfect way to honor all three: [name_f]Ana[/name_f], [name_f]Flor[/name_f], and [name_f]Lori[/name_f] are all in the name and all are connected to each woman’s name.

Agree that two middles seems like a good idea here. Loving _____ [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]! Or ____ Lorianne [name_f]Violet[/name_f] / Loriana [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

I would go with [name_f]Floriana[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Floriana[/name_f] is super nice. [name_f]Jerrica[/name_f] [name_u]Leoni[/name_u] is all i’ve Got.