HELP!!! Daughter #2 needs a name...STAT!!!

See the results of this poll: Little GIRL needs a NAME!!!

Respondents: 69 (This poll is closed)

• Ivy Lucile Darner : 15 (19%)
  • Willa May Darner : 29 (37%)
  • Violet Lucile Darner : 25 (32%)
  • Poppy Emmeline Darner: 10 (13%)

I voted for [name]Ivy[/name], although it was a close tie between [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] for me :slight_smile: Usually I loooove [name]Willa[/name], but to me, it doesn’t seem as good of a match with [name]Paisley[/name]. The only one I really didn’t like though was [name]Poppy[/name]. I think it’s too matchy/cutesy with [name]Paisley[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Hillary[/name],
I voted for [name]Willa[/name] [name]May[/name], and here’s why:

[name]Violet[/name]'s popularity is growing. It’s pretty (I love it!), but you could end up with a name that’s more common than you’d like.
[name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Paisley[/name] is pretty cute, but I think I prefer [name]Poppy[/name] as a nickname. I works for a child, but I worry that it doesn’t sound grown up enough for a real, grown woman.
[name]Ivy[/name]-Sorry, I always think of poison ivy first. I don’t hate the name, I just can’t make myself not think of poison ivy.

So, again, I think that [name]Willa[/name] [name]May[/name] is great! And I also think [name]Willa[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] would be pretty :o

I second labmama’s comment about [name]Ivy[/name]. I want to like it, but the poison [name]Ivy[/name] thing is a problem.

I also second her comments about [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]. [name]Violet[/name] seems to be one of the most popular names on nameberry these days. [name]Poppy[/name] is just too juvenile for me. Can you picture [name]Poppy[/name] the Supreme [name]Court[/name] [name]Justice[/name]? [name]Poppy[/name] the Neurosurgeon? Not so much.

I think that [name]Violet[/name] “goes” a bit better with [name]Paisley[/name] (more fanciful and visual).

Here’s one problem I just thought of with [name]Willa[/name] [name]May[/name]: [name]Willa[/name] [name]May[/name] Darner’s initials will be WMD (i.e. Weapons of Mass Destruction). I think that’s a problem. No one wants a monogram that will remind her of the second Iraq war.

[name]How[/name] about a different middle name for [name]Willa[/name]?

I like the suggestion of [name]Willa[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] if you want to stick to a family middle.

I voted for [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name], but if [name]Willa[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] ( I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] by the way) was an option, that would have had my vote all the way! :slight_smile: Of your first name options, [name]Willa[/name] is my favorite, but I don’t care for the combo, [name]Willa[/name] [name]May[/name] - and as a previous poster mentioned, WMD isn’t very desirable initials to have.
Best of luck with your decision! :slight_smile:

If [name]Willa[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] were an option, I would vote for it. [name]May[/name] just seems a bit common. I do like [name]Violet[/name], but agree that it is far too popular. As for [name]Ivy[/name]-I work in a hospital and all I can think of is an I.V (intavenous therapy). Sorry but I can’t help it! [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Scout[/name], and [name]Goldie[/name] may work as nicknames for a child, but I can’t see these names transitioning well into adulthood, particularly in the professional world.

I voted for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucile[/name], but my favorite from your list of names is [name]June[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [swoon]. I think [name]June[/name] has a similar light, pretty, feminine feel like [name]Paisley[/name] without feeling too matchy.

I voted for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucile[/name], but would [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]May[/name]!

I like [name]Willa[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] as well, because [name]May[/name] is a common middle name just now.
I don’t think the WMD will be a big deal by the time she’s in school, if you still wanted that middle name.

I love all of these names! I would have voted for [name]Ivy[/name], but [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Paisley[/name] remind me too much of wallpaper selections when paired together. [name]Violet[/name] and paisley ha a similar feel to me; a purple paisley print.

I chose [name]Willa[/name], but I also love [name]June[/name] and [name]Lila[/name].

[name]Poppy[/name]… lurv [name]Poppy[/name].

I voted for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucile[/name] Darner because I like [name]Violet[/name] the best with [name]Paisley[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] are too matchy in sound with [name]Paisley[/name] and if you have any other children, you may feel you have to continue this pattern and that would limit your choices. [name]Willa[/name] [name]May[/name] would be my second choice. I like the name [name]June[/name] but it doesn’t flow very well with your surname. Good luck, [name]Mischa[/name].

Voted for [name]Violet[/name], although I second the suggestion of [name]June[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]!

I voted for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucile[/name]. I think it’s whimsical enough without being matchy. I don’t love the matching “ee” ending with [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Paisley[/name], though I like [name]Ivy[/name] a lot on it’s own. [name]Poppy[/name] is cute but next to [name]Paisley[/name] it does seem a bit cartoonish. [name]Willa[/name] is great as well, but to me it lacks the whimsy that [name]Violet[/name] has. So [name]Violet[/name] is my favorite! Now for middles, I like the combo of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucile[/name] but it is a little “l” heavy. That’s not a big deal at all, but if it bothers you, [name]Violet[/name] [name]May[/name] is gorgeous. I also think [name]Violet[/name] [name]Scout[/name] would be a cool, unexpected combo. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I love [name]Willa[/name] SO much. If I could use it I would, but it sounds horrible in the accent of my current home country. I agree with the others that [name]Violet[/name] sounds better with [name]Paisley[/name], but the combination of the two almost feels too sweet for me. I think [name]Willa[/name] has more spunk. I agree with freckles though that [name]Violet[/name] [name]Scout[/name] would be awesome. I love the name [name]Scout[/name] too. Can you just name her [name]Willa[/name] [name]Scout[/name] for me :slight_smile: