Help decide bw Carter and Vance

[name_f]My[/name_f] first baby boy is due in a few months and husband and I are trying to decide between [name_m]Vance[/name_m] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. Different vibes but husband loves one and I love the other! Which do you prefer and why? Both have family significance and will go with last name [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]. We like [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] for a middle name since it is father’s middle name but are open to suggestions.

Oooh- I love [name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]! Sooo handsome.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Carter[/name_u] so, so much more. [name_m]Vance[/name_m] feels industrial somehow, I’m not a huge fan. [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] is adorable, but I do also like [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_m]Vance[/name_m] if it helps you compromise.

Good luck, and congratulations on the baby boy!

1 Like

I’ve been a fan of the name [name_u]Carter[/name_u] since middle school so I think I am a bit biased on this one lol. However, may I suggest the name [name_m]Ryland[/name_m] as an alternative to [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]? I just feel like it helps the name flow a bit more into each other while [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] makes it seem a bit more choppy. Best of luck to you both!

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] is nice but seems so overused at this point. [name_m]Vance[/name_m] is refreshing and handsome!

1 Like

[name_m]Vance[/name_m] is a name I can’t picture on a baby or a child, so I vote for [name_u]Carter[/name_u], which I can picture at any age. (And which is legitimately a good name on its own merits!)

1 Like

[name_m]Vance[/name_m] is better. It feels cooler and ages well. [name_u]Carter[/name_u] is harsh and just not the vibe.

[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] is super cool!!

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_m]Vance[/name_m] - [name_m]Handsome[/name_m]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] - Not bad but I prefer [name_u]Carter[/name_u] in front
[name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] - Cute, but a little R heavy
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] - Meh it’s ok but also sounds a little brand namey or something

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]Vance[/name_m] - if you’re open to double mn’s

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Vance[/name_m]! It sounds so cool and mysterious. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the idea of [name_u]Van[/name_u] being a nickname option too.

[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] feels very trendy and popular to me. I know a lot of little Carter’s. I also always think of the baby clothing store when I hear [name_u]Carter[/name_u]

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] is too trendy and overused in my opinion, it does also have this harsh sound. I feel like it will date pretty quickly as well. While [name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] sounds a lot cooler in an effortless way, making room for your little one to make his name his own.

I really like [name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]! Sounds good with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] too.

[name_u]Carter[/name_u]! It seemed luxurious and handsome somehow. On the other hand, [name_m]Vance[/name_m] seems like he would become the new [name_m]Ed[/name_m] Sheeran, and NOT in a good way.

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
Sweet :green_heart:

[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] just has such a nice ring to it!

I would choose [name_m]Vance[/name_m] easily over [name_u]Carter[/name_u]