Help! Due any day and no girl's name!

My husband and I can’t come to an agreement on a girl’s name for our baby (we don’t know the sex. A boy will be [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Robert[/name])

I like [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]. He likes [name]Jane[/name]. We both like [name]Liv[/name], but I’m worried she’ll get “oh, like [name]Olivia[/name]?” all through school. Any suggestions? Is [name]Liv[/name] too nickname-y?

I do think you’d get a lot of “Is that short for [name]Olivia[/name]” comments with the name [name]Liv[/name]. If you don’t want to use [name]Olivia[/name], have you considered other to get the nn [name]Liv[/name]? [name]Alivia[/name], Livonia, [name]Olive[/name], etc?

I think [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] are all wonderful names, and I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them. Below are other names you may like:

[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Liz[/name] is similar to [name]Liv[/name])
[name]Cecilia[/name] “[name]Celia[/name]”
[name]Arden[/name] (so romantic)
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] (simple, but sweet)
[name]Leila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be very pretty. [name]Juliet[/name] is nice too. I agree with the other poster…[name]Liv[/name] would often be mistaken for [name]Olivia[/name].

I say go with [name]Liv[/name]. Sure you may get some [name]Olivia[/name] comments, but my name is [name]Lily[/name] (just [name]Lily[/name]), and until recently when the name got so popular it was always “Oh! like [name]Lillian[/name]?” I think most names that sound even a little nicknamey will get asked questions like that. The point is, her name is [name]Liv[/name], not [name]Olivia[/name].

I love [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] is beautiful, too, but if you both like [name]Liv[/name], go for it! Yea, people might as if it’s short for [name]Olivia[/name], but all you have to do is say “no.” It has a fool-proof pronunciation and is easy to spell, plus it isn’t like nobody’s named [name]Liv[/name] - [name]Liv[/name] [name]Tyler[/name]'s been wearing the name for decades!

I think I’d choose [name]Liv[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], but if you want a “safer” option - still gorgeous! - I’d go with [name]Lydia[/name] “[name]Lydie[/name]” [name]Jane[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is gorgeous!!
I think it could work as a stand alone name, although you will get people that assume it is short for [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] is one of my favorite girls names, though – so I have a soft spot for that one. [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so darn cute!

I think [name]Liv[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be a great compromise. [name]Both[/name] are lovely!

And honestly, I think you’ll only have to respond, “Nope, just [name]Liv[/name].” to the “Oh, short for [name]Olivia[/name]?” remark a few times before people get it.

[name]LIv[/name] may seem a bit nickname-y, but I don’t think it’s a big deal. “No, just [name]Liv[/name]” will suffice. I think it’s cute. I adore [name]Lydia[/name] though :slight_smile:

I love [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]- they’re all great choices! [name]Liv[/name] I think is okay, but [name]Olivia[/name] is wildly popular (and has been for quite some time- there were 3 in my high school graduating class, and that was back when [name]Jessica[/name] was the #1 name) and I think it’s safe to say that most people will assume her name is [name]Olivia[/name], as every [name]Olivia[/name] I know responds to both “[name]Liv[/name]” and “[name]Olivia[/name].” If you both love the name, then use it. But if you aren’t both totally in love with it, you may end up regretting the choice. You could name her [name]Olivia[/name] and call her [name]Liv[/name], look for a different full name you like better, or just say to hell with it and name her [name]Liv[/name]. If you still aren’t sure and can’t come to an agreement with a different name on your list, here are a few suggestions:
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] (ewaggenspeck already suggested it, but I’m seconding)
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] (nn [name]Kit[/name]?)
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Liv[/name] are all gorgeous. I do think [name]Liv[/name] is too nicknamey (though I know it’s a legitimate name in its own right) and everyone will assume it’s a nickname for [name]Olivia[/name]. Here’s what I think: I think you should use [name]Lydia[/name] with [name]Liv[/name] as a nickname. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch, and you get two lovely names in one! :slight_smile: [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] are both beautiful. Other names you might like:

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

I am also due any day and have no idea of what I am going to name our girl if we have a girl. Our front runners are [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jane[/name],[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Reese[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Liv[/name],too but have a niece named [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is darling! Good [name]Luck[/name] on a safe and quick delivery:)

Thank you all for the suggestions! I think we’ll narrow it down to [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] (middle name is my maiden name) and see what she looks like. Maybe it’s a boy and then the whole thing is resolved :slight_smile:
@daisy - [name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kit[/name] was also a frontrunner, but then his mom got a cat, named [name]Kit[/name]. Argh!