Help!! Due any day and no name!

I can’t seem to decide on a name. I’ve narrowed my lists down only to have them grow again and then to just start from scratch. There are tons of names that I love objectively but none seem to be THE name. I have made a realization though, most of the names I like would fit in perfectly on a ranch a hundred or so years ago. Or at least that’s what I’ve been told. The father isn’t too picky about the name. I think as long as he doesn’t hate it and he doesn’t consider it too weird he’ll be fine with it.

My plan has been to narrow it down to a few then hopefully THE name will just come to me when I meet the little guy. But I am now having a hard time narrowing my list down. The names I’ve managed to narrow my massive list down to are listed below. I am open to any suggestions, other similar names and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The middle name will be [name_m]Glynn[/name_m], or maybe [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] if it sounds better and the last name rhymes with [name_f]Nancy[/name_f].

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] is the only one that I feel might be THE name but nobody else seems to agree. I’m not sure why but it kept growing on me.

Others that I like in no particular order:

[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Sayer[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Waylon[/name_m], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_u]Wade[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m], and [name_u]Shane[/name_u].

Thanks for any help.

Maybe you could show your list to his father and see if he can help you narrow it down, unless his father isn’t really going to be involved once the baby is born.
Otherwise you could look at all the meanings of the names to see if a few are more meaningful. You could also look at the popularity, if you are picky about how popular the name is and eliminate a few that way.

My personal favorites from your list are [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. Good luck!

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] is such a handsome name, it’s on my own long list. [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Glynn[/name_m] sounds great as a combination, so as long as you love it that should be the only thing that matters - sometimes The Name only becomes The Name once it’s on your child!

My personal faves are [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Sayer[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]… I would vote [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]… but if [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] feels right, go for it! Your family/friends will grow to love it too, as they grow to love him!! [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Glynn[/name_m] has already grown on me since writing this post! [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] also works well with [name_m]Glynn[/name_m]. Good luck!

You have a lot of lovely names on your list.
And you’re right that they have a sort of old-world feel.

From your list I love: [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m], and [name_u]Wade[/name_u]

My main suggestion is [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. If you like [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], but it’s feeling a bit out there for people I think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] has a similar feel to [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] as well as the other names on your list.
My great-great uncle (a farmer on the [name_u]Colorado[/name_u] prairie in the late 1800’s) was named [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. His brother was [name_u]Presley[/name_u] (before [name_m]Elvis[/name_m] was even born :))

I also think [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] or [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] would be nice options for you.

I personally really like [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] and if you are feeling it then go for it.
You’re the one that will have to call out and say the name numerous times a day, not anyone else.
But my other faves are [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]. Those sound cool :slight_smile:
Maybe spend a day calling out a name or two around the house. It might help you “feel it out” and make your decision easier.

Good luck!

I like [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Glynn[/name_m]
I like your list as well
I am aware that’s not overly helpful. What you may find that works is to write the names down a page top to bottom. Write each name with each middle name and your surname and next to each write the initials. Then go down the page and cross out anything that you dislike as a combination or the initials. Now rewrite your list top to bottom and add to the right of the initials the first name and last name together excluding the middle now go over all the names again and cross off anything that doesn’t work like that. Like for example if the end of he first runs into the beginning of the surname or if they rhyme or are repetitive. Now… Rewrite your list on fresh paper.
Look over each name… Now say all these names with Mr. As as prefix, then with Dr. And then write the first names on paper and picture them on a short sleeved t shirt and a door and above his little cot. Picture them on a wedding announcement and so on… [name_m]Cross[/name_m] off anything you think doesn’t give him the freedom to use as he pleases comfortably. Now say each name, say ‘his name is___’ and think if any nick names that could arise positive & negative. Now write out what’s left and start yelling his name, say it in different situations, tell him to pick up and so on… Tell him you love him… Tell him to get in the car, tell him to do his lessons… Circle the full names that feel best to you. Now look at what’s left & rewrite them with the meanings below them. See what these names mean and you can add next to the meanings any namesake you’ve specifically put on his name. Look over the names and cross anything out you think isn’t great and then make a list of the very best ones! Now you should have just a few if any, maybe just 1… At that point if you still aren’t sure perhaps run a poll and ask for a third option as well and take more suggestions. Dont ask people in your life until you’ve only got a couple left if at all. People tend to be overly critical or not so helpful when you know them… [name_m]Trust[/name_m] me when they meet him with his name they’ll love him and his name! It’ll be perfect when you decide. Also its hard the actual naming… Because its so official but you’re his parent, you’ll do well, parenting is like that :wink:

From your list I love [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]!
I like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] as well, though.

Good luck!

My favorites are [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], and [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] these names and most are on my list too.
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Glynn[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Glynn[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_m]Glynn[/name_m]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]

My favorites from your list are [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].

Other Suggestions:
[name_m]Brant[/name_m]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_u]Canyon[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Orsen[/name_m]
[name_m]Conan[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Pierson[/name_m]
[name_m]Kannon[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_u]Alcott[/name_u]
[name_m]Farley[/name_m]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Penley[/name_m]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Perth[/name_m]
[name_m]Langston[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find a name you love!!!

My Favorites are [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]! And I like [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] too.

With [name_m]Glynn[/name_m] I would suggest avoiding a one syllable first. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Glynn[/name_m] doesn’t sound very good.

ETA. I love the previous suggestions of Oscar and Wilder! Remy and Cassidy are my suggestions.