Help! Due date is 2 weeks away and still no name for baby number 3!

Of course, we’re waiting for delivery to find out the gender, so we’re making it even harder on ourselves.

We have a daughter named [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and a son named [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

We can’t seem to find any boy names that we love! Our girl names are easier because they’re either family names or have a special meaning to us. They are [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]. We also love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] but our last name is 4 syllables and 10 letters…It’s very Italian sounding too!

Here are some of the boy names we’ve been tossing around…

1. [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] - I like that it is somewhat a nature name/stone
  2. [name_u]River[/name_u] - Again, nature but family members have somewhat destroyed this one for me. It’s also increasingly popular as a girl name and we like more obvious male/female names.
  3. [name_u]Remy[/name_u] - Again, this might feel to unisex.
  4. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] - does that work with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?
  5. [name_m]Miles[/name_m]

Thanks in advance for the help! We’re down to the wire here!!!

I love [name_m]Milo[/name_m], so I might be a little bias lol. I think [name_m]Milo[/name_m] works well with your other names; they sound classic yet modern. Other than that, I think [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] works well too, or you could combine them… [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] or [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m].
Congratulations!

I really like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and your comment on nature names sparked my inspiration. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] sounds too close to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] to me. Your comments about [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u] make it sound like you’ve already decided on not using those.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and…

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]

I think you should keep your name ideas to just you and your partner, and of course nameberry/other forums. Family can be downright rude and bully you to get what they want but I feel that forums can offer opinions without the drama.

I also like the idea of [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] or [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] could be too close to [name_m]Leo[/name_m], but I think thats up to you. Its not like [name_m]Milo[/name_m] & [name_m]Miles[/name_m] (which would definitely be too close), but more of a judgement call/personal preference on this one.

Some other ideas:
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]

Thanks for the advice! I love a lot of these suggestions :slight_smile:

What about [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and …
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Elvis[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] have sounds in common. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] shares those sounds but also shares an ending and a syllable count with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] which strikes me as too close.
Names that share sounds with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] :
[name_m]Dion[/name_m]
[name_f]Evon[/name_f]
Oleander
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Angelo[/name_m]
[name_m]Benvolio[/name_m] (I joke but…)
[name_m]Ovid[/name_m]
[name_m]Vigo[/name_m]
[name_m]Virgil[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] / [name_m]Vincenzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Neville[/name_m]
[name_m]Silvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Sven[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m] / [name_m]Ivor[/name_m]
[name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]

I think [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is a little too close to [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m], but am in love with pp’s suggestion of [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] for you! [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] are beautiful together.

I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]!

The only tiny thing I see that could possibly maybe be “improvable” is this. You have a long Italian surname and I feel [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] both sound vaguely connected to that. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] has that, too. [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], not so much.

So although I don’t think it’s a huge issue - in fact, I think I’m nitpicking -, here are some nature-names that sound just a dash more Mediterranean (to me, at least), as well!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and Cirus
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Silvan[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Tito[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Silvester[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Monte[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and Giro
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and Merin
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Castor[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and Tiber

[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]… swoon!!!

I vote for [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m].

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the three names together. Without the O ending you don’t have to worry about the boys’ names ending the same. And… you can’t get better than a short, sweet one syllable name. It should go well with a longer last name. Good luck with your decision.

I really like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. Yes, it can be unisex, but I wouldn’t assume your [name_u]Remy[/name_u] was a girl looking at that sibling set.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]? Similar to [name_m]Milo[/name_m]

Thanks everyone. I love [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m] too but I find that when I say my daughter’s name and nickname, [name_f]Vi[/name_f] it’s just too close too [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_m]Milo[/name_m] with the long “i” sound. Does that make sense? And yes, someone said [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] have sort of European vibe but [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] does not…I get that too! I still love the nature connection though! Thanks so much, expert namers!