HELP! Due in 4wks and cannot decide! Frances James, Stella Josephine...???

[name]Hi[/name] all, I am due in 4 wks and though I don’t know the sex of the baby I have a feeling it’s a girl and girls names are so hard for me! I have some I really like but just not sure. I have a son named [name]Griff[/name] already so ideally it’s something that goes well with his name. Here are my favorites. Last name is [name]Murray[/name]…
[name]Frances[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Murray[/name].
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Murray[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] —
[name]Elliot[/name] —
[name]Vivienne[/name]—
[name]Violet[/name]—

What is your favorite?
I obviously like old lady names when it comes to girls but want something that isn’t popular but traditional. I don’t have middle names for the last few so feel free to suggest ideas.

If i end up having a boy then it’s going to be [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]. I’m a bit worried about the popularity of [name]Oliver[/name] but I’m pretty much decided. [name]Griff[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name] sounds good together. I am open to other mn suggestions for [name]Oliver[/name] if you have some. Thanks for your help!!!

Congratulations! I adore [name]Griff[/name] by the way :slight_smile:

I really love [name]Frances[/name], [name]Agnes[/name] (kind of prefer [name]Agatha[/name] though) and [name]Violet[/name]! My favourites of all your names actually though are [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Mae[/name] :slight_smile:

Of the first name choices, [name]Frances[/name] is my fave. I like [name]James[/name] and I’m guessing it has family significance since you want to use it for a boy or a girl? Personally I wouldn’t use it with [name]Frances[/name], as people may here [name]Francis[/name] [name]James[/name] and think “boy”. I quite like [name]James[/name] as a middle name for a girl, but with something more distinctly feminine like [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Agnes[/name].

What about:

[name]Frances[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

I would stay away from unisex and slightly trendy [name]Elliot[/name] as it doesn’t seem to match your other fave girls names, so if you named a daughter [name]Elliot[/name], and then went on to have another girl and named her [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Agnes[/name], I think they’d seem very missmatched.

[name]Stella[/name] is just a pet peeve of mine so I can’t give you an unbiased opinion on it. I just hate it sorry! But I know most Berries adore it so ignore me. But to me, maybe a British thing, it sounds like a hefty, middle aged woman with bad hair, bad clothes, a husky voice and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth haha. Sorry, I just find it such a harsh sound and all I think of is [name]Stella[/name] the lager.

Other middle names suggestions for the last few names on your list:

[name]Agnes[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Martha[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps a little! :slight_smile:

I love all the names you’ve chosen. Especially [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]. As for girl’s names, from your list my favourites are, [name]Frances[/name], [name]Agnes[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Agnes[/name] in particular reminds me of the cute girl from Despicable Me, so as for it sounding old-lady-ish, I don’t think it would, I think it’s becoming modern, not popular, but modern.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] is really handsome. For girls,

I dislike [name]Elliot[/name] (for a girl) and [name]Vivienne[/name], but the rest are pretty. My favorites are [name]Stella[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] ([name]Grace[/name]? [name]Mae[/name]? [name]Louisa[/name]? [name]Amelia[/name]?) I also love [name]Agnes[/name] ([name]Violet[/name]?) but I think [name]Griff[/name] and [name]Agnes[/name] are a strange pair.

Of your ideas , [name]Vivienne[/name] strikes me the best. For middle names - [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Murray[/name] , [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Lane[/name] [name]Murray[/name] (a cute nn for this would be vivi lane =)

[name]Agnes[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] for sure!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Frances[/name], so much. Is [name]James[/name] a family name? If so, I’d go for it, and not worry about it sounding masculine, since mn’s are hardly used in general. If it is not a family name, you might consider combining it with a more feminine mn. But I dearly love [name]Frances[/name], and think [name]Frances[/name] [name]James[/name] is very nice.

[name]Frances[/name] [name]James[/name] really reads boy to me. If I saw it on paper I’d be sure it was a boy. I think many people don’t know that [name]Frances[/name] tends to be girls and [name]Francis[/name] for boys – I’d think the parents just got them mixed up. In fact that distinction between the spelling is somewhat recent in terms of the history of the name. I do love [name]Frances[/name] I’d just pair it with something more girly.

[name]Hi[/name], For me, [name]Stella[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is really pretty. Its a combination of old school beauty and modern beauty. [name]Stella[/name] [name]Mae[/name]… very pretty.

For me i agree im not fond of [name]Frances[/name], but [name]Griff[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] !!! stunning!

[name]Just[/name] a word of warning: [name]Stella[/name] is super-popular in my city. Or maybe it’s just my neighborhood. Of the six daycares that I toured when I was pregnant, all had at least two Stellas, and one had three Stellas in the infant room and several in the older classes. I was very surprised by that, but there is it.

I like [name]Agnes[/name] a lot. [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name], too, but [name]Agnes[/name] is my favorite.

My favorites that you are considering are [name]Violet[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Mae[/name], and [name]Stella[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. Here are some combos for [name]Violet[/name]:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

I like [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Griff[/name] together. I like [name]Stella[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Murray[/name]. - [name]Frances[/name] is okay, don’t really like [name]James[/name] on a girl but if it’s a family name it’s not bad My dad’s name is [name]Francis[/name] [name]James[/name]:slight_smile:
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Murray[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] – I’m warming up to it a little -
[name]Elliot[/name] — don’t like on a girl. [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Griff[/name] sound like 2 sons.
[name]Vivienne[/name]— I love this name.
[name]Violet[/name]— this too.