Help! Elena or Hazel?

Our DD2 was born in the wee hours this morning. Help us choose between these two names! Big sister is Flora M@y. Middle options include Hope, Ada, June, Maude… and which pronunciation for Elena? I prefer ell-leh-nah but everyone else prefers eh-lay-nah.

15 Likes

She’s beautiful! Congratulations :heart:

You can’t go wrong with either name, but I love [name_f]Elena[/name_f] as a sister to [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. I pronounce it somewhere in between, eh-LEH-na.

[name_f]My[/name_f] choices for combos are [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f], and [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Ada[/name_f] for y’all! She looks like a [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] to me :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Congrats on the new baby! She’s cute!

If everyone else is going to pronounce [name_f]Elena[/name_f] the way you don’t like… that is a good reason not to name her [name_f]Elena[/name_f].
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] are great sister names anyway.

Of the four middle names you listed, I think [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] or [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] will be best.

1 Like

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] sounds like a winner to me! [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is pretty in all pronunciations, but the total pronunciation ambiguity puts me off.

She looks like an [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] to me!

I think either pronunciation is possible but if you’re US then E-lay-na is probably going to be default.

Congrats! She’s lovely! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! How about [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_u]Hazel[/name_u]. Both are beautiful names!

Congrats!! She’s beautiful :sparkling_heart:

I personally like [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] with [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]. It has a natural, earthy, modern sound to it, and I also love that the middle names are both months.

I know these were suggested as middles, but I also like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is absolutely perfect for her, and i love [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] as a sister for [name_f]Flora[/name_f]!

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] would be so pretty, though maybe [name_u]June[/name_u] is too themey with M@y? I’d choose [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] overall for that reason!

i also prefer ell-leh-nah for [name_f]Elena[/name_f], but my instinct is eh-lay-nah since i used to know one who said it this way. the pronunciation issues might be a bit annoying!

hazel maude or hazel june is my favorite xx

elena is more commonly said eh-lay-nuh, at least where i am xx …and hazel and fl0ra are divinity!! :heart_eyes:

congrats on your little one :heart:

Congratulations!!! She’s beautiful! I’d go with Elena Hazel personally best of both worlds if you prefer the El-len-ah pronouncation (which I admit so do I just alter the spelling to reflect it) so maybe Ellena, or Ellyna or Ellina I think then you may avoid the issue…
You could also do 2 middles like Ellena Hazel June which is beautiful also!

All the best!

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] for sure.

I would do [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] or [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. In my language, [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is EH-leh-na and this is my favourite way of pronouncing it, however in [name_f]English[/name_f] I would prefer your way to pronounce it as well. :white_heart: :sunny:

Congratulations for her birth! She is beautiful and lovely. Best wishes to friends, family and to her as well :partying_face:

Congratulations :heart:

I like [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] best! [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] H0pe or [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] M@ude would be lovely!

I think that eliminates the pn debate over [name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] is perfect! It fits her and is so lovely with [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]! It also skips the pronunciation challenges. Congratulations!!

Congrautlations! What a cutie!

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] I would say uh-len-uh.

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is my favorite!

With other sister having the middle name [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] feels too close to a middle name I think.

I like [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f]!

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f]

I’d definitely go for [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] or [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]! I say El-lay-nuh.

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]. Congrats!