Help! Eloise & Cornelia's sister needs a name!

[name]Hi[/name] there! [name]Happy[/name] (almost) New Year to you all. This is my first time posting here but I’ve lurked for a while. We’re due in [name]April[/name] with number three, our third little girl! I’m name-obsessed and my DH indulges my obsession so we have a very long list of potential names that we need to narrow down. I love long, romantic, girly-girl names, and my husband likes some nickname potential. Our girls are [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] [name]Joy[/name], who affectionately go by Weesie and [name]Neely[/name] (at home mostly :slight_smile: ). I’d love feedback on the names we’re considering, plus any suggestions you may have. Without further ado… the list:

[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]/[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
Clemetine
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name]
[name]Delphina[/name]

Thanks in advance!

• [name]Leigh[/name]

Your girls names are gorgeous!
First off, before I give my comments on each individual name, my immediate favourites with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] are [name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name].

[name]Olympia[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this name! It would be a perfect fit with [name]Cornelia[/name], but [name]Eloise[/name] feels a bit left out to me…
[name]Theodora[/name]- This is my 3rd favourite! It feels “comfy” yet elegant which is the same feel I get with your girls names.
[name]Rosalind[/name]/[name]Rosalie[/name]- I prefer [name]Rosalind[/name] in this situation. [name]Both[/name] are beautiful though.
[name]Angelina[/name]- I’ve never been a huge fan.
[name]Mirabella[/name]- Pretty. Not my favourite, but it goes with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name]. Nickname? [name]Mira[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it. [name]Bella[/name]- not as much.
[name]Helena[/name]- 4th favourite! basically same feeling as [name]Theodora[/name].
[name]Henrietta[/name]- Not my favourite.
[name]Harriet[/name]- Perfection! With your daughters names, it feels natural to add a [name]Harriet[/name] to the family. My vote is here!
[name]Ginevra[/name]- Not my favourite, but pretty and different.
Clemetine- I don’t think this fits.
[name]Imogen[/name]- Doesn’t fit for me at all.
[name]Persephone[/name]- I can see this working (and I love it), but it seems a bit weird with [name]Eloise[/name] for whatever reason.
[name]Anthea[/name]- Beautiful!
[name]Delphina[/name]- Great name! [name]Eloise[/name] would feel left out…?

I hope I helped at least a little bit!
Keep us updated!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Leigh[/name], welcome to Nameberry. Congrats on the good news! Oh, I love [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] [name]Joy[/name]. Here are my opinions on your name list with my faves in bold. All the best!
[name]Olympia[/name] - Not my style
[name]Theodora[/name] - I like this name but would hesitate naming another daughter with a name ending in “a”
[name]Rosalind[/name]/[name]Rosalie[/name] - [name]Rosalind[/name] would be nice but [name]Rosalie[/name] is similar in sound to [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name] - Too associated with [name]Jolie[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name] - [name]Mirabel[/name] would be better
[name]Helena[/name] - See [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name] - See [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] - Ok but lacks the spark of [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name] - I prefer [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] - I like this name but two daughters would then share a “C” name. If that doesn’t bother you, it would work.
[name]Imogen[/name] - I think this is the best name to “fit” with [name]Eloise[/name] & [name]Cornelia[/name]. It starts with a different letter, has its own distinct ending and is rare and spunky like her sisters.
[name]Persephone[/name] - I prefer [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name] - Not a fan
[name]Delphina[/name] - I prefer [name]Delphine[/name]
Other suggestions
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Geraldine[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]

Ooh- I love the idea of [name]Felicity[/name]. It goes so well with the other two!

[name]Felicity[/name] or [name]Imogen[/name] pair nicely with her sister’s names. good luck!

Congrats on girl #3!
I love [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name]!

[name]Olympia[/name] - This is a fun name and definitely one you don’t hear everyday like your other girls’ names. It feels a little off style-wise than the other two though.
[name]Theodora[/name] - I like this w/ your girls names alot. The A ending does make it a little rhymey with [name]Cornelia[/name] though
[name]Rosalind[/name]/[name]Rosalie[/name] - [name]Rosalind[/name] is a beautiful choice! I don’t like [name]Rosalie[/name] as much though because it sounds and looks so similar to [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name] - You did say you like girly girl frilly type names and this definitely fits the bill. To me though, [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] aren’t as girly-girl. So, [name]Angelina[/name] feels a little off to me.
[name]Mirabella[/name] - I love it! [name]Mirabelle[/name] would be another choice and I like that a tad more just to avoid the A ending w/ [name]Cornelia[/name].
[name]Helena[/name] - This is a little more popular than your other girls choices, but it’s a solid choice and would be great in your family. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Helena[/name] though? Its one of my favorite names, but DH and I can’t agree on a pronunciation!
[name]Henrietta[/name]- I’m always a fan of [name]Henrietta[/name]-- I can’t explain it! It’s not my favorite with your other daughter’s names though. it feels more clunky.
[name]Harriet[/name]- I agree with some of the others, this is my favorite choice of your list! With your other daughter’s names, it brings out the softer side of [name]Harriet[/name].
[name]Ginevra[/name]- not sure about the pronunciation here
[name]Clementine[/name] - would be awesome with your other girls names.
[name]Imogen[/name]- I disagree with a previous poster. [name]Imogen[/name] feels like a perfect sister to [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] to me.
[name]Persephone[/name] - a little too exotic with the other girls, but definitely a fun name.
[name]Anthea[/name]- I prefer [name]Althea[/name].
[name]Delphina[/name] - [name]How[/name] about [name]Delphine[/name] like someone else suggested. Not my fav on your list though regardless.

So, I think [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Theodora[/name], [name]Mirabella/name, and [name]Rosalind[/name] are my favorites. You have a great list. Keep us posted as you narrow down the name options!

In order of preference:
[name]Rosalind[/name]- This name is the perfect bridge between your daughters’ names. It has a touch of sweet and delicate like [name]ELoise[/name], but is romantic and strong and unusual, like [name]Cornelia[/name]. And I just happen to love it, and [name]Rosy[/name] as a nickname.
[name]Ginevra[/name]- I don’t know why but this just works. It really complements [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] without being similar in style or sound to either one.
[name]Imogen[/name] - this and [name]Harriet[/name] are not favorites of mine at all, but I do feel they work well with your requirements and suit your girls’ names as well.
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] - A bit more like [name]Cornelia[/name] than [name]Eloise[/name], but it can certainly work. MIght be harder than some other names to pull off.
[name]Clementine[/name] -the c’s slight bother me, but not enough to say it’s not usable
[name]Rosalie[/name] - I’m kind of meh on Roslie but it works well. I’d just so much rather see [name]Rosalind[/name].
[name]Delphina[/name] -I really love the spelling [name]Delfina[/name] as well.

dislikes__
[name]Angelina[/name]- too frilly to go with no-nonsense [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name] -same as [name]Angelina[/name]. [name]Mirabel[/name] would work much nicer here.
[name]Helena[/name] - too similar to [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name] - works with [name]Cornelia[/name], has the same vibe. But I just don’t like it. It seems like a hard name to pull off.
[name]Persephone[/name]- too dark and associated with the myth. I’m guessing you don’t like [name]Penelope[/name]?
[name]Anthea[/name] - probably fine, objectively, but it’s just too out there, for me, when compared to your daughters’ names. I doubt most non-name nerds have ever heard this name.
[name]Olympia[/name] - too rotund. It’s all-together rather large.

Also, [name]Magdalene[/name] keep coming to mind as a nice idea for you, so I thought I’d mention it. :wink: