Help - Evie vs. Lucy?

See the results of this poll: Which name goes best with Olivia (sometimes called Liv/Livie)

Respondents: 46 (This poll is closed)

• Evie : 16 (34%)
  • Lucy : 29 (62%)
  • Neither - keep looking: 2 (4%)

I think [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is too much like [name_f]Livie[/name_f]- go for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] which is fine

I like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. The nicknames might be too close though.

Thanks for your input! Really appreciate it. Keep them coming :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is pretty and fine with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/[name_f]Livie[/name_f]/[name_f]Liv[/name_f]. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f] is a beautiful name but I do think it’s too close - sorry!

Best of luck!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is much prettier then [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], I think, and isn’t too sloe to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/[name_f]Livie[/name_f]/[name_f]Liv[/name_f]. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Livie[/name_f].

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (full name) are very nice, but [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] not so much. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is very vowel and V heavy like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] while [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] softens the V. I would choose [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] over [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] over [name_f]Evie[/name_f].

I think both [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] make a great sibling set. Because my lab/pit puppy is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], I tend to view [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as her name or currently a dog name. I do adore it though…well I did call my dog the name. :smiley: So my vote goes to [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. But as I said, it’s a win win situation.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is nice, but I wouldn’t do it if you think they’re going to end up being [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f]-it’s just a bit too close! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] or lucy and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is lovely though. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is one of those great names that is always just off the radar, but well-known, and a lovely name to boot! I’d go with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] are two of my personal favourites. Lately, I have been preferring [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as a short form of [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but it totally works on its own. The sound is probably too similar to [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Livie[/name_f]. If you were mainly calling your elder daughter [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], it would have possibly worked. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is fine, and I adore it. I would recommend going with that.

I don’t think [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are too close to your daighter’s name. I like both, maybe [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is my top vote.