Help finalizing names, please!

Hello! My husband and I are expecting our first child in [name]April[/name] and we cannot decide on names!!! We kept saying, oh, we have plenty of time and now here we are only 10 weeks away and no decision has been made! We do not know what we are having, but we did agree that we wanted to use family names. Here is what we have so far and I wanted to see what you all thought!

GIRL
First name will be [name]Emma[/name]
(this was his grandmothers name. I do love it but with how popular it is now I wanted to do a variation like [name]Emmeline[/name] or [name]Gemma[/name] but he is absolutely STUCK on using this name and will not budge!)

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (paternal great grandma/maternal grandma)
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] (paternal great grandma/maternal great grandma)
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (paternal great grandma/maternal great grandma)

BOY
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] (paternal uncle/maternal family name)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name] (paternal uncle/maternal grandpa)
[name]William[/name] [name]Charles[/name] (same as above)
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Charles[/name] (same as above)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Liam[/name] (same as above)
[name]John[/name] [name]William[/name] (father’s name/maternal grandpa)
[name]John[/name] [name]McGuire[/name] (father’s name/paternal family name)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]McGuire[/name] (paternal uncle/paternal family name)
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Charles[/name] (father’s name/paternal uncle)

You can see we are using much more traditional names than many of you and nothing fun/trendy or quirky…but hopefully we can come up with some cute nicknames for our little guy or gal!

Thanks for any input you may have!

Well, for a girl, you have to use [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name]. It is really the only option in my mind, as both [name]Emma[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] are far too M heavy! [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is cute :wink:

For a boy, I like [name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]McGuire[/name], personally. Or, use [name]Charles[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] and call him CJ…

What is the last name, if I may ask? Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback! I am leaning towards [name]Louise[/name] as a middle name too…

Last name is Peery, so either:
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] Peery
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Marie[/name] Peery
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] Peery

OR

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] Peery
[name]Charles[/name] [name]McGuire[/name] Peery
etc…

I lean towards [name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] because I really wanted to use one name from my side and one from his side for each of the names. The other reason being his brother is a junior with [name]McGuire[/name] as the middle name so that name will be carried on regardless (assuming he has a son…)

So I’m kind of thinking [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] Peery and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] Peery, initials will be ELP or CMP they will be called [name]Emma[/name] or [name]Charlie[/name]…is [name]Charlie[/name] Peery annoying sounding?

I really like both of them! No, [name]Charlie[/name] Peery is fine. A little whimsical, but I like it. :slight_smile:

[name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] are my vote

I like [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] the most. [name]Margaret[/name] is a great mn, but it doesn’t flow well with [name]Emma[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]McGuire[/name]. I really hope you use this… you’ll probably hear a lot more votes for one of the more “stylish” classics - [name]William[/name] or [name]Charles[/name]. But you can’t go wrong with [name]John[/name], and these days, it stands out. The [name]McGuire[/name] in the mn has the family significance, sounds terrific with [name]John[/name], and adds uniqueness to a very earthy name. An A+.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] really stand out to me.

For a girl, I like [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name]. I just don’t like the flow as much with [name]Emma[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] is such a common middle name (at least it is for my generation). Though, in the interest of full disclosure, my middle name is [name]Louise[/name], so maybe I’m biased. :slight_smile: Still, I think [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is super cute.

For a boy, I think your whole list is very strong. The two that stand out to me are [name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Charles[/name].

You really can’t go wrong with any of your options!!

My great grandmother was [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] and I love the name. My second choice would be [name]Emma[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is beautiful! I also love [name]Charles[/name], especially with your last name. When I looked at the boy list, I was leaning more toward [name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name] than [name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], and I see that that also allows you to honor someone from your side and someone from his, so that would be my vote.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I love [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name], and from your boys’ names, I love [name]William[/name] [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name] the most, but think they’re all very handsome.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Me too!

I think [name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] sounds really nice, and I like [name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name] best for your boys names.

Thank you all so much for your input! Another thing I am struggling with is not loving the name [name]Emma[/name]. I like it just fine but am not IN love with it. I am trying to convince myself of it but having a hard time. Anyone had this dilemma before and how did you deal with it?

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is perfect! Wonderful name.
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] seems perfect as well, or [name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name].