Help finding a boy name that sounds good in french!

My boyfriend and I are having a hard time choosing a boy’s name. We’re french, his last name will be Poirier (Poa-ree-ay, with a french “r”) so we think it’s important that the name sounds good in french, ie no english “r” in the first name like “[name]Ryan[/name]” because it would sound weird with the french “r” in Poirier.

I have a few names on my list but my boyfriend couldn’t even come up with one boy name that he likes! He doesn’t hate [name]Olivier[/name] or [name]Xavier[/name], but they sound aweful with his last name, plus [name]Olivier[/name] and Poirier are both trees so it’s a bit ridiculous.

I looove the name [name]Levi[/name], I think it sounds good in french (lay-vee) and english, and I think it’s just a cool name that’s not overused.

Here are some other names that I like :
[name]Damien[/name]
[name]Carl[/name]
[name]Julien[/name]
[name]Luc[/name] or [name]Luca[/name]
[name]Emil[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Reno[/name]
[name]Clovis[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] (I forgot, he kind of likes this one but we find it sounds a bit too old?)
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Akim[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Calix[/name]

I also love [name]River[/name] and [name]Adrian[/name] but it sounds too english with the “r”…
I would love to find at least a couple of names that he likes! I’m really open to anything at this point, as long as it’s not too common (unless it’s a classic name, maybe).

Any ideas?

I love a good challenge! BTW, I don’t think [name]Arthur[/name] sounds too old, and I love [name]Levi[/name]! Good choices.

Annan
[name]Anselm[/name]
[name]Balin[/name]
[name]Gilbert[/name]
[name]Pippin[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]

I’ll keep thinking!

Thanks! I love the name [name]Gilbert[/name] (but he doesn’t… of course!). But anyway my cousin is named [name]Gilbert[/name].

There’s finally a name he likes! I think he likes more classic names: [name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charlie[/name]) :slight_smile: I like it… especially [name]Charlie[/name]. We still have a few months to think about it, and we don’t even know if it’s a boy or a girl, but I feel better now that we have something!

From your list, I like [name]Julien[/name]/[name]Julian[/name] and [name]Luc[/name] best. I saw you had [name]Simon[/name] which is ok, but I think [name]Simeon[/name] is cooler and would work well. I think [name]Levi[/name] is getting too trendy. After [name]Matthew[/name] McConaughy named his son that I have met a lot of boys named [name]Levi[/name].