Help finding a mn for Cecily

I’m having a difficult time finding the perfect mn for my favorite name [name]Cecily[/name]. I really want a family name, or some version there of. For a boy we have chosen [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name], so I would like it to flow with that. What does everyone think of [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]? [name]Johanna[/name] is [name]German[/name] and prn [name]Yo[/name]-hah-nah. [name]Do[/name] you think it is strange to have a [name]German[/name] name paired with the English [name]Cecily[/name]? Or does it help tie the name in with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] (we would likely use other [name]German[/name] boys names as well). [name]Johanna[/name] would honor my grandma [name]Joann[/name].

The other combo I liked was [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Anna[/name]. Last name is one syllable, starts with a C and end in S.

Family names I would like to use:
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
Anything with [name]Ann[/name] in it
[name]Teresa[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]
[name]Renee[/name]
[name]Suzanne[/name]
[name]Lieselotte[/name]
[name]Joann[/name]
[name]Marilyn[/name]

I think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] sounds very nice. I don’t think it’s a problem to have a [name]German[/name] middle name paired with an English first name. I think the middle name is a great place to place a name that reflects your family heritage.

From your list, I also think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Diane[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name] flow very well.

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] is pretty, but the Y kind of runs into the J, so it sounds like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Ohanna[/name]. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (honors [name]Liselotte[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] (honors [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] (honors [name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] (honors [name]Ann[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Annika[/name] (honors [name]Ann[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (honors [name]Joann[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] (honors [name]Marilyn[/name] and [name]Ann[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Diana[/name] (honors [name]Diane[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Therese[/name] (honors [name]Teresa[/name])

My favorites are [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Annabel[/name].

[name]Just[/name] noticed this! Not overly keen on [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Johanna[/name],

From the family names, I like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Anne[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (actually this was a combo I considered too)

Good luck!

I like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], but would having the initials CCC be weird, eventhough each C makes a different sound? [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is also interesting me right now. Grandpa is also [name]John[/name], so it would have double honoring.

I think CCC is quite cool actually. It shouldn’t sound strange because of the different phonic sounds. :smiley:

I’m glad to hear you dont think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] C. sounds funny. I think my top three picks right now are [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (I just love saying this!), [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], or maybe [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Joanna[/name]. [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Joanna[/name] have the more significant family reference to them though. [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Renee[/name] is another option, I just dont love it. However, if we name our son for my father in law it would only seem fair to name our daughter after my mother in law.

I really liked [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Anna[/name]! But I can understand why the 2 names might sound like they run together.
For family names I like:

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Diana[/name] (I love this suggestion–plus you get [name]Anna[/name] in there.)
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] (you get [name]Suzanne[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] in there!)
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Maria[/name] (to honor [name]Marilyn[/name])

What about [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Arlette[/name] (a form of [name]Charlotte[/name])?

[name]Rachel[/name] x

What about [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Arlette[/name] (a form of [name]Charlotte[/name])?

[name]Rachel[/name] x

[name]Arlette[/name] is nice but I think it is deviating too much from the original family name, [name]Liselotte[/name] (I for the life of me have no clue if she spells it [name]Lieselotte[/name] or [name]Liselotte[/name] and neither does my boyfiend!).

My favourite would be [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Kate[/name] but your combo of [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] is lovely. I know you will pronounce with a Y sound but I would go with the [name]Joe[/name] sound.

I’m not apposed the “Americanized” pronounciation. If we every use [name]Johanna[/name] and she wanted to pronounce it [name]JOE[/name]-hannah I would be fine with that. I’ll leave that choice up to her.

I think a lot of your family names fit nicely with [name]Cecily[/name] as they are but I have made suggestions for each one of them (apologies for repeats)

I like both [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] - I would pronounce it the way you do and don’t think it’s a problem.

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Bethan[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Lisa[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Bettina[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Lise[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Teresa[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Diane[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Lieselotte[/name] (isn’t this a form of [name]Elizabeth[/name]?)
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Liesel[/name]/[name]Liesl[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Joanne[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Meriel[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]

My fav is [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Meriel[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps, [name]Rachel[/name]

Thanks [name]Rachel[/name]

I def. like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Diana[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Marilyn[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Renee[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Joanna[/name]. All of those I would consider using. I like them them all about equally though, nothing really jumps out at me. Although, does it really have to? My family isnt one for using middle names, so I doubt I will ever, if rarely call our kids by their first and middle names, especially given that they will likely all have 3 syllable first names to begin with.

On another note. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Andreas[/name] are too similar for siblings? We really only plan on two kids and I just love everything about this combo. They are both [name]German[/name], uncommon in the US, have great meanings, and fit perfectly in the “foreign but not weird” category I’m going for. [name]Andreas[/name] is a given for a first boy and for some reason I find myself comparing every girls name I like to it, and nothing seems to match up, except [name]Amelie[/name].

I love [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Andreas[/name]! If you don’t mind alliteration, it is a beautiful sibset. There are lots of mn’s you could do with [name]Amelie[/name]…[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] or [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Diana[/name], for instance.

Thanks for the reply. I really love [name]Amelie[/name] and I dont think the two As are a problem when the rest of the names sound so different. [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Diana[/name] is gorgeous. I also like [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Susannah[/name].

I like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] is a bit strange together.