Help! Finding a nickname

I need a nickname for [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. My niece is entering high school and wants help choosing something new to go by since there are so many [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]’s at her school. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think “[name_f]Fia[/name_f]” sounds too little girly? Or possibly a combination of part of her first and middle name?

Thank you for your thoughts in advance! I’ll ask what she thinks.

I like [name_f]Fia[/name_f]. I think it’s a more sophisticated nickname for [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] than [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] or [name_f]Fifi[/name_f]. [name_f]Fia[/name_f] will age well and it’s way less common as a nickname.

[name_f]Fia[/name_f] works well

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] could also be…

[name_u]Abby[/name_u]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
Sabby
[name_f]Sosie[/name_f]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Sela[/name_f]
[name_m]Sol[/name_m]

She’s also considering going by [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] common is that?

What about [name_f]Sybelle[/name_f] /[name_f]Sibelle[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Belle[/name_f]! I don’t think it’s common, but [name_f]Bella[/name_f] is and there may be some confusion with that. Whenever I was in school if there was a girl named [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] teachers often called her [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] in the beginning, and if there was a girl named [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] they would often call her [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. I think it can get confusing when there are similar names with E and A endings which is something to keep in mind. However, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is beautiful and if your niece loves the name I wouldn’t let that deter you. I like [name_f]Fia[/name_f], but I prefer Phina (common nickname for [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] which is very similar to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f])! This may be more distinctive for [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and shares the phi and a sounds. Phina can also be spelled [name_f]Fina[/name_f]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

I think [name_f]Fia[/name_f] works fine.

I would also suggest [name_f]Sonia[/name_f], which is actually a nickname for [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] in Russian (though it’s often used as an standalone name in the [name_u]West[/name_u]).

I like [name_f]Fia[/name_f]…I suggest [name_f]Sela[/name_f]