Help! first name + family name combos

hi! my husband and i thought we had narrowed down our first name list to 4, but it somehow keeps growing. i have concerns about the obscurity of most of these names, but we live in brooklyn so i keep telling myself the kid will have friends with much more out there names. would love your thoughts on our choices, any ideas for other first names we might not be thinking of, and any combos with our family names!

first names: [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], [name_m]Vance[/name_m], [name_u]Sonny[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] (partner dislikes because last name starts with W), [name_u]Theo[/name_u]

family names: [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_m]Wood[/name_m], [name_u]True[/name_u] (my husband’s middle name)

combos we’ve thought of (some with the help of you berries!): [name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]

2 Likes

Milo [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_u]Sonny[/name_u] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_u]Sonny[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Sonny[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Sonny[/name_u] [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]

Cassidy [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] both sound really good to my ear!

Milo [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] jumped out as my fave! And I’d swap for [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_m]Vance[/name_m]

Your choices are great! Not too out there at all :slight_smile:

Milo [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] are great!!

Sonny [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]True[/name_u]

I really like [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_m]Vance[/name_m], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] is kind of a guilty pleasure name for me since its more common for girls. [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] is extra handsome though and he could go by CJ if he didn’t like the more unisex name. I understand the concerns with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], but if it doesn’t clash too much, it could be okay.

[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_m]Wood[/name_m]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

Theo [name_m]Robert[/name_m] or [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] gmv. I think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] would make a fine first name too if you’re open to it. [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] are so handsome! You might also like: [name_u]Miles[/name_u], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], [name_m]Judah[/name_m]/Jude, [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_m]Vann[/name_m] or [name_u]Levi[/name_u].

The amount of polling I’ve done online about the name [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] for a boy is embarrassing! It’s my husband’s top pick right now but I had a dream my family reacted negatively because it’s associated with girls. I’m glad you like it!! An alternative I forgot to mention is [name_m]Casper[/name_m] - don’t think that has as cool of a vibe though? But maybe I’m wrong.

I also really like the combo of [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], and the idea of [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

Roscoe [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is my favorite of your current combos.

I also like the combos [name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Wood[/name_m], and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u].

Other first name ideas… [name_m]Heath[/name_m], [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u] (as a first name!), [name_m]Travis[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]

Caspar is super handsome. I think its rather cool. You don’t hear it that often. It reminds me of [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], which you might like too.

Milo [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Wood[/name_m]

Milo [name_u]James[/name_u]. :heart:

1 Like

I actually like [name_m]Casper[/name_m] better than [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], but I think you love [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] more :wink: I am not convinced its use as a girl name will be an issue, it seems to be on the downswing for girls, even though it’s undoubtedly more popular for girls than for boys. He might be the only boy [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] his friends know, but it’s also not like there will be 13 girl Cassidys in his class either.

1 Like

I love the name [name_u]Milo[/name_u]! It’s one of our top considerations right now as we try to conceive. I think [name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] sounds great together. From your combos, I also like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]!

Roscoe [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] or [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]! [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] is really cool. All of those names will definitely be fine in [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] but he’s an actor :joy:

Theo [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_u]True[/name_u]

I like [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] from your list!
Suggest [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_m]Wood[/name_m]?
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is a good one

Thank you for the reassurance! I’m also crushing hard on [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], and had thought of [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] as well - I’m happy to see it came to mind for you. I’d love to honor family if possible! I was also thinking of a double mn - [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Wood[/name_m] - to still honor family, but also get the nice sounding first and mn in there.

1 Like

that is so handsome!!