Help for our 3rd boy

Hello!

We are in desperate need of help. We just found out that we are expecting our third son (fourth child). While this is terribly exciting, we are seriously stumped for names.

Here are the names of our other children:

[name]Thyra[/name] [name]Denali[/name] ([name]Thyra[/name] rhymes with [name]Keira[/name])
[name]Malachi[/name] [name]Terence[/name] ([name]Malachi[/name] - OT bible name/[name]Terence[/name] was chosen for a family member)
Kashton [name]Shepherd[/name]

I’m not sure that we have a “style” exactly, except that we like names that are unique, without being too “out-there”, and names that are hopefully not just trendy.

We are not too concerned about sibsets except that because our 3 boys will be fairly close in age, ([name]Thyra[/name] is much older than our boys), so I think it’s best not to choose two names of a certain style while the third is very different. To complicate things, our last name is [name]Brown[/name], which I have realized makes naming very difficult because I tend to like a lot of one syllable names, and I also am very drawn towards word names. It’s hard to have a first name that is a word, when the last name is a word, because all of a sudden the name starts sounding sentence-like!

Here is a short list of some of the names we like, but none of these really stand out, and some of them probably aren’t very usable:

[name]Noble[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]Titus[/name] (See below)
[name]Ezekiel[/name] (We love this, although I’m not sure we can have two OT testament/bible names names and not the third)
[name]Satchel[/name]
[name]Canyon[/name]
[name]Anchor[/name]
[name]Taj[/name]

I am also of [name]East[/name]-[name]Indian[/name] descent so we are not opposed to an [name]East[/name]-[name]Indian[/name] first or middle name. Any ideas you can give us would be greatly appreciated!!

From your list I like [name]Satchel[/name] the best. Although it is a word name, it is not overwhelmingly wordy. Maybe because I always think of [name]Satchel[/name] [name]Paige[/name] and that’s really two word names too! I like [name]Ezekiel[/name] too. I understand your concern with two OT names and one left out. Would you call him [name]Zeke[/name]? If so, I think that makes Kashton stand out less and [name]Malachi[/name], Kashton and [name]Zeke[/name] are a good set.

Hm. I noticed that each of your children has a name with a -h combination (i.e., [name]Thyra[/name] has TH, [name]Malachi[/name] has CH, and Kashton has SH). Perhaps you’d like to use a unique -h combination for your fourth child as well. Here are my thoughts:

GH

[name]Ghramm[/name] - [name]Graham[/name] is much more streamlined, yes, but this could work for you!
[name]Eghan[/name] (EE-ghin) - A fresh and fun Irish name with lots of appeal, I think.
[name]Burgh[/name] - Eh, it’s a little bland and boring, especially with [name]Brown[/name], but it is definitely unique.
[name]Cavanaugh[/name] - It might be pronounced like [name]Kevin[/name] somewhere, but here we see it more as a surname…
[name]Fitzhugh[/name] - Particularly nice “son of intelligence” meaning and jaunty [name]Fitz[/name] nickname!
[name]Lindbergh[/name] - Well, perhaps if you’re a fan of flying, you’d like to honor [name]Charles[/name] [name]Lindbergh[/name]…
[name]Raleigh[/name] - An uncommon place name and the surname of explorer Sir [name]Walter[/name] [name]Raleigh[/name] makes a winner, right?

WH

[name]Wheeler[/name] - A really fun occupational name with a spunky nickname option, Wheelie.
[name]Whittaker[/name] - A neutral “white field” meaning and a surname-y feel gives this an imposing feel with [name]Brown[/name].

Off my list, I think [name]Eghan[/name] could be a contender alongside [name]Thyra[/name], [name]Malachi[/name], and Kashton. For something with a bit more classic, vintage appeal, my favorite is [name]Fitzhugh[/name], which I’d pair with a bit of a word name, along the lines of [name]Satchel[/name], [name]Penn[/name], or [name]Seneca[/name], to dress it up a bit. I think both [name]Raleigh[/name] and [name]Wheeler[/name] are perhaps the safest and most usable of my options, least likely to be spelled incorrectly yet still making a unique impact. [name]Wheeler[/name] is very much up your alley - I’d guess - if you like names like [name]Anchor[/name] and [name]Satchel[/name]. You could pair him with a bit of a unique Biblical name or Bible-inspired name, perhaps [name]Wheeler[/name] [name]Jericho[/name] [name]Brown[/name] or [name]Wheeler[/name] [name]Obadiah[/name] [name]Brown[/name], for a really neat name.

Best of luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

From your list, I love the names [name]Noble[/name] and [name]Taj[/name].

Here are a few [name]Indian[/name] names that I like:

Ajay (pro: AJ, means “Unconquerable”)
Ashwin (nn [name]Ash[/name])
Ekrahm (means “[name]Honor[/name]”)
[name]Rohan[/name] (means “Ascending”)
Sujit (means “Great Conqueror”)
[name]Suleiman[/name] or Suleman (pro: Sool-eh-mon, means “[name]Peace[/name]”)

Good luck!

[name]Thyra[/name] [name]Denali[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] [name]Terence[/name]
Kashton [name]Shepherd[/name]

and

[name]Satchel[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] I like this one
[name]Tobiah[/name] [name]Noble[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
Khan [name]William[/name]
[name]Eben[/name] [name]Laurence[/name] (I like [name]Eben[/name] over [name]Ebenezer[/name] and it has a more modern feel that seems to fit with Kashton as well as the others)
[name]Byron[/name] [name]Satchel[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Byron[/name]
[name]Taran[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Taj[/name]

rollo