Help He Really Needs a Name

Right now it is driving me crazy that I do not have a name for my son. We actually named his [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] for all those following my post. I can’t call him [name]Matthew[/name]. [name]Every[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] I know has had the mom walk out on the family. I do not want to have a son associated with that name. It feel so impressonal calling my son sweetheart and honey. It’s literally beginning to drive me crazy. This little boy needs a name. He will have a big sister named [name]Elisabeth[/name]. Anyone have any suggestions please.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] and

[name]Lincoln[/name]

A name that means God’s gift or peace or rejoice, beloved (oh that is [name]David[/name] I think and it is a beautiful name, otherwise [name]Jonathan[/name] and if you use it in first name position the nn can be [name]Jon[/name] or [name]Nathan[/name]

[name]William[/name]

[name]Anthony[/name]

Combo [name]David[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name] or [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]David[/name]

best wishes

[name]Hi[/name] - we NB’s can help you! [name]How[/name] about [name]Elisabeth[/name] and:

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]

Again, I just want to thank each one of you for your help and advice. I would not have made it through this time witbout your support and understanding.

What do you all think about these names…

[name]Zachary[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Ryan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]James[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] ([name]James[/name] is my brothers name. However, I am not sure if calling my son my brothers name would feel to weird. Kind of like dajavu)

[name]Jeremiah[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Justin[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Just[/name] some thoughts.

I do not know if [name]Jonathan[/name] sounds to old fashioned. I was thinking of this name because [name]John[/name] was one of my good friends in Elementary School, Dr. [name]John[/name] [name]Lloyd[/name] Still was the doctor that saved my life when I was eight years old and dying of childhood pancreatitus. [name]Jon[/name] was the name of my best friend in College when I first got to college he was the first person I met. Then another [name]John[/name] was the pastor that married us. Not sure if this would be a good name.

Here he is

[name]Zachary[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] Yes

[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] Yes but the combo I like best is [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]

[name]Ryan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] Maybe

[name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] Not a [name]Luke[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] but not sold on it for your baby.

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] Not an [name]Andrew[/name] but [name]Drew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] would be very handsome but with [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name] you get the repeating sound of hew.

[name]James[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] ([name]James[/name] is my brothers name. However, I am not sure if calling my son my brothers name would feel to weird. Kind of like dajavu) [name]James[/name] is one of the handsomest names in the world

[name]Jeremiah[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] A great combo and I think it suits him

[name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] Not a [name]Jeffrey[/name]

[name]Justin[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] Not a [name]Justin[/name]

[name]Just[/name] some thoughts.

I do not know if [name]Jonathan[/name] sounds to old fashioned. I was thinking of this name because [name]John[/name] was one of my good friends in Elementary School, Dr. [name]John[/name] [name]Lloyd[/name] Still was the doctor that saved my life when I was eight years old and dying of childhood pancreatitus. [name]Jon[/name] was the name of my best friend in College when I first got to college he was the first person I met. Then another [name]John[/name] was the pastor that married us. Not sure if this would be a good name.

Here he is
[/quote]

Great photo congratulations he is a handsome boy.

You have sold me on [name]Jonathan[/name]. I don’t think it is a bit old fashioned, it is a handsome name and with all the history it would definitely have to be a strong contender.

Are the combos set or can we mix them up a little?

I like [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] It is my favourite combo and love the nn’s for [name]Jonathan[/name] too.
I love [name]Jeremiah[/name] and I think that this would fit him well although I am not a mad [name]Jerry[/name] fan

best wishes rollo

He’s a cutie. I love his hair! (All my kids were born bald so I’m always amazed when I see babies with lots of hair.)

I like [name]Jonathan[/name] best for you. It has so much meaning and history for you. I don’t think it seems too old fashioned and it has lots of great nicknames.

My second favorite choice is [name]Alexander[/name]. It’s just such a distinguished name.

Good luck with whatever you decide

[name]Jonathan[/name] 100% ! It’s so cute for you! If you don’t want to call him [name]Jon[/name]/[name]John[/name] though, there is always [name]Jack[/name] or even [name]Nate[/name]/[name]Nat[/name] (jo[name]NATHAN[/name] = [name]NATE[/name]). [name]Elisabeth[/name] & [name]Jonathan[/name] are perfect together!
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] - This is my fave combo! (and it’s another way to get the [name]Jac[/name]/[name]Jack[/name] nn since his initials would be [name]JAC[/name])
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] - same [name]JAC[/name] initals = [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

It seems so natural! Good luck - he’s a cutie!

But I must say…and god knows why…but when I saw his handsome picture i thought “He looks like [name]Wesley[/name]”. No idea where it came from…but he really does look like a little [name]Wes[/name]! [name]Elisabeth[/name] & [name]Wesley[/name] - very fun!
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] = perfect
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] - handsome
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] - like a prince!

anyways…just pick what you love!

I know that the name [name]Jonathon[/name] holds a lot of meaning for me but I am not sure I love this name. [name]How[/name] do you choose a baby boy’s name that you will love. I have thought about this for so long. I believe this is why most people have nine months to name their child. I found out I was pregnant with him at 23 weeks and then I gave birth to him at 35 weeks. This is not enough time to decide on a name for any baby. Then once you decide on a name how do you get yourself used to that name. Its frustrating to me because when I have this perfect healthy wonderful baby I can’t even pick a name for him. [name]Matthew[/name] just does not sound right and it holds so many negative messages. As I said, this baby really needs a name. What am I going to call him and how do you choose a name for a baby since it will be forever. That’s the problem what if you do not love any baby boy names?

Right now I am leaning towards these names…

[name]Zachary[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Ryan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Logan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]Brendan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

[name]James[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] ([name]James[/name] is my brothers name. However, I am not sure if calling my son my brothers name would feel to weird. Kind of like dajavu)

I really love the names [name]Blake[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name] however those are my sister in laws children. My son’s counsins. Perhaps, it is the fact that I was not expecting another child. I never thought for a moment I would be raising a son.

[name]Hi[/name] - your baby boy is beautiful! I vote for [name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]! Or here is another suggestion…[name]Jack[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]! [name]Jack[/name] is a classic name that is not just a nn for [name]John[/name] anymore.

Oh congrats to you, he’s a big, healthy beauiful boy! He needs a strong, classic name. Definitely a [name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]. [name]Luke[/name] is my first choice, followed by [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name]. The other names just don’t seem masculine enough for your son ([name]Ryan[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Brendan[/name] & [name]James[/name]). [name]Luke[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] would be amazing too if [name]Matthew[/name] is not a sure thing for a middle name. It’s amazing how things change when you see a photo of a baby. Good luck to you!

Trying to think of a name that

• won’t get made fun of ([name]Luke[/name]-Puke) (john- bathroom) (matt- doormat) etc…
  • That you can call your child on the playground but will also sound good as a teenager and adult
  • That will sound good with his sibling [name]Elisabeth[/name]
  • That may have a formal name (not necessarily essential)

Since you have so many negative connotations with [name]Matthew[/name], i would have a tendency to not even use it in the middle name spot. Is there a reson why you need to use it at all? I think [name]Luke[/name] could work really well for you, but [name]Luke[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] doesn’t have the best flow.
I think [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] has amazing potential. He could be [name]Alex[/name] [name]Curtis[/name], [name]Xander[/name] [name]Curtis[/name], [name]Lex[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] - the list goes on and on!
I have the same Problem with [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Curtis[/name], as i do with [name]Luke[/name] - since he would obviously go by [name]Zach[/name], but [name]Zach[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] runs too much togehter (like it does with [name]Luke[/name])
[name]Ryan[/name] is a very handsome name - i can clearly see it on your big boy! Lets call it a modern day classic! [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Ryan[/name] sound perfect for each other.

Other options (names like [name]Blake[/name] & [name]Ethan[/name]):
[name]Evan[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] - i love this!
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Micah[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]. [name]Ben[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] is outstanding - and he sure looks like a [name]Benjamin[/name]! [name]Elisabeth[/name] & [name]Benjamin[/name] YES!
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]

He’s beautiful! If I were you, I would go with just [name]John[/name]. From your list, I also love [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Jeffrey[/name]!!! I think all three fit your son very well.

Good [name]Luck[/name]! :]
~Kittyn

I do not want to use the name [name]Matthew[/name] at all. However, I think it will be easier to get my husband to change his name if [name]Matthew[/name] were somewhere in the name. Unfortunately we can’t call him [name]Curtis[/name] since my husband’s name is [name]Curt[/name]. I should have never named him [name]Curtis[/name]. That way we could use the middle name. We are currently going through court process because we are getting my daughter’s name changed to [name]Elisabeth[/name]. Her name is [name]Emily[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] however since the 2nd day she was born she has gone by [name]Elisabeth[/name]. I am just not good at naming children.

So was it your husbands idea to use [name]Matthew[/name]? Or how did he end up as [name]Matthew[/name]? If it has so much negativity for you, i can’t see why he wouldn’t support you in changing the name. Have you talked to him about changing his name? It’s seeming to make you really upset, so just make sure to voice your opinion and im sure he will understand!
Woops sorry i thought your last name was [name]Curtis[/name], which is why i put every name i suggested with it!
You should pick a name that makes you really happy. When you look at your little guy, what’s the first name that pops into your head?

Actually the name [name]Matthew[/name] was my idea. I did not think it all the way through. I loved the meaning of the name [name]Matthew[/name]-- God’s Gift. I did not realize that I would feel this way about the name [name]Matthew[/name]. I have tried to make myself like this name but I just can’t. My son lived through so many complications. He had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, I had no prenatal care for the first 23 weeks of my pregnancy because I did not know I was actually pregnant.

My husband really is not supportive. He gets really upset and screams at me when I suggest we change the name of the baby. He just doesn’t understand. I think most of the time he feels its his way or the highway. I am hoping in a few months if I approach him about this subject again maybe he will be more supportive.

Right now I am in therapy dealing with the Postpartum and OCD issues. I am hoping to work things out there so I am not second guessing every baby name again and again. Right now I am not sure if any name would actually fit this baby. It is so hard for me to name baby boys. If he would have been a girl I had her name all set [name]Julianna[/name] [name]Claire[/name] which would have gone with my daughter [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name].

What’s frustrating to me is that our daughter should have been named [name]Holly[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] however, my husband told me two days before she was born that he hated the name [name]Holly[/name]. Luckily, we had not decided to use my name as the her middle name. Which we did with my son used my husbands first name as his middle name. Which forgoes the options of calling him by his middle name. Perhaps, if I would have just put on his birth certificate baby boy he would have been more open to discuss with me the name of the baby.

I remember while I was in the hospital for 20 days prior to having my son my husband was not supportive in helping me decide this babies name. Usually he was playing poker on the computer or he was busy watching televsion. He would not approach the subject or talk with me about baby names. He would just say choose something or we have discussed it already. I remember talking only once about baby names and that was for about five minutes at the most. Not helpful in deciding a name for a baby that they will have forever.

The next few months should be intresting. I am hoping that eventually we will decide together on a name that we like for our son. So that it is not one person loves the name while the other person hates the name. If the name causes so much anxiety, and bring up negative meaning for a person I’m not sure why he would not be willing to change it. I was willing to change my the name I had for my daughter from [name]Holly[/name] to [name]Elisabeth[/name].

There were actually three names spoken that he liked which were [name]Logan[/name], [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]. I am not sure how I feel about [name]Logan[/name] but I like [name]Eli[/name] as boy’s name. However, I am not sure how that name would age.

What I would hope to do is in a few months is that he will sit down and come up with a list of about ten names that he likes and then I can come up with a list and compare and two and hopefully find a name that we both really like. Which is what we both should have done in the 1st place, however, it is really difficult when you do not have a husband that will do that with you. This is a name that will impact both of our lives forever. This is not just a mistake that will affect one day and be over with. I have to call this child the name for the rest of his life. This name is used on a daily basis. Also, this name will be said over 50 times a day.

As a grandmother my heart goes out to you.

You will be in my prayers. I am sure that over time, and when the time is right it will all work out for the best.

You have a beautiful boy just treasure the baby time with him, it goes really fast.
I hope you are able to get some good sleeps to recharge your engine.

Why not give him a pet name and don’t worry about THE name for a while,
give yourself some space to concentrate on all the things that are most important namely
enjoying him now,
trying to relax,
eating well,
finding someone who can mind baby so you get some time out with your husband for a few hours so you can relax as a couple
lastly go for a walk and get those endorphins that give one a feeling of well being working for you.

Blessings
rollo

My older brother’s name is [name]Matthew[/name] [name]John[/name], and he is quite an outstanding guy!
Having said that, I am sorry the name [name]Matthew[/name] carries negative connotations for you-I think it is a beautiful name for a boy…I also like the spelling ‘[name]Mathieu[/name]’, especially for a mn.
I really like the names [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] out of the list of names you were/are considering! I also love the name [name]James[/name].
He looks sort of like a [name]Benjamin[/name] to me, and I think the name [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] would go so well with [name]Elisabeth[/name] (one of my fav girl names–with the S, too, not Z! :wink: ).
Also, a favorite combo of mine has been: [name]Ian[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] --for quite some time now! I adore it.
Congratulations & best of luck!!,
L.

Edited after reading your past posts, didnt realize that [name]Curtis[/name] is going to be a middle name.

Congrats on your beautiful baby boy! With that said, my heart goes out to you, that your suffering from name stress right now. Try and relax and let your mind calm down, even if he doesnt go home with a name, just relax, as its most important to get the right name rather then a name. Also, as much as others are trying to help, ignore comments like “if it were me, I would choose…” its easy to get caught up in that and be swayed, its very confusing because your going to get a lot of different opinions and everyone has different tastes and styles. Try and listen to the pros and cons of each name and make sure the first and last have a good flow.

I think that finding a first name you love is the most important and if it means getting rid of [name]Matthew[/name] as a middle name because the flow is off then you may have to do that, because lets face it, how often will he ever use the name [name]Matthew[/name] if its his middle name and it would be a shame to not use [name]Mason[/name], a name you said you loved because of [name]Matthew[/name] not going with it. Although, just an idea is that you could do, [name]Mason[/name] [name]Curtis[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (last name). [name]Just[/name] a tip, what I did with my son, is I tried to pick a memorable name (first & last name combo), that had a really good flow, one that I could imagine on the back of a NFL football jersery, one that work if he were to run for Political office etc… one that I could imagine calling him everyday and I found that name and guess what, so will you.

Extra suggestions for you to consider and since I dont know your last name, my picks are based on this criteria, masculine, good through childhood to adult, and considered a name of the times yet has the qualities of timelessness:

[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Nicolas[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]

If your mom has a problem with any of these being made fun of, then I would be shocked. I can picture a well liked boy, teenager and respectable man with any of these names. PS out of your name list, my picks would be [name]Lucas[/name] first and [name]Alexander[/name] second. And if [name]Lucas[/name] werent on your list, it is one that I would have added to my suggestion list.