HELP! Hubby vetoed all my favorites so I'm at a loss!

We found out we’re having another girl! There was a scare with the initial anatomy scan but we are very happy to find out all is well - knock on wood of course. Now that panic has worn off, hubby and I started talking more seriously about names and he basically vetoed all of mine:

[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

We have only agreed on [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f]) and [name_f]Elise[/name_f], but after the health scare, I realized I wasn’t sure if either of them felt like “the one.”

See, I want something vintage and classy but with some spunk to it. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] feels a little too safe so I thought of spicing it up a bit with [name_f]Athena[/name_f] as the middle name (a nod to the town where hubby and I met). My biggest concern is there are endless little girls named [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is awfully close.

I think [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] has more of the spunk I’m looking for, but I don’t know.

That brought me back to [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I have always thought this name was so elegant and pretty without all the fluff. But, it doesn’t really have any spunk so I’m afraid I could regret it. Plus, I don’t want her to be one of several girls named [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. Or seen as a boring name. But I’m really drawn to [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

What do you think? Can you help me out? I’m so confused!

What about [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]? I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are great together! I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] much more than [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], but not so much [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] (it seems a little fluffy).

Some other possibilities:

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] and

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (one of my favorite combos!)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Enid[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f]
[name_f]Thais[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

Unfortunately, our last name begins with “[name_f]El[/name_f]” so [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] as a first name is a bit too much. It’s not that big of a deal in the middle name spot. And [name_f]Elise[/name_f] works because the stress being on the ending syllable.

Hubby has also vetoed [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. He didn’t look at [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] in disgust, but I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a little too plain for ME.

I have loved [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] forever, but it’s too popular now. And the name of my parents’ deceased cat.

It’s funny - I adore [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but I do not find [name_f]Clara[/name_f] attractive.

Hubby loves [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and I do too, but it sounds so awkward with out last name.

I should mention that [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a variant of my [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s name. My first daughter’s middle name honors my mother so I wanted to honor my [name_f]MIL[/name_f] with this little girl. Other middles we could use are [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], [name_f]Liza[/name_f], or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. I don’t mind [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], but I feel [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] has a bit more jazziness.

i like [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_m]Synclair[/name_m] :heart: or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] :heart:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] chiming in to say that I think [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is actually quite spunky! I love it too, though I sometimes hesitate because I think maybe it’s kind of run-of-the-mill or not that different. However, it has such a beautiful sound, meaning and history, and I do think it has a little sass. I think it might be more common as a middle these days - it’s not top ten where I’m from anyway.

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is gorgeous, as is [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f], to give [name_f]Claire[/name_f] a really fabulous and different middle?

I also like [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (similar to [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]).

I think [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love that [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is feminine but not frilly. I definitely feel like it has spunk, but that might be because the [name_f]Claire[/name_f]'s that I know definitely do and it suits them very well.

Some more suggestions:
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Clio[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Zita[/name_f]