Help! Hubs & I can't agree on baby girl #2...

We are due end of Sept./Beginning of Oct. and it’s another girl. :slight_smile: Big sister is named [name]Amerie[/name] [name]Lynette[/name] (AM mah ree) I got her name from my middle name [name]Marie[/name] switch the M and A around then add an E. Her middle name [name]Lynette[/name] is after my [name]MIL[/name] &other cousins with the middle name [name]Lynn[/name]. Plus, I love that it also means [name]Bird[/name] after the [name]Linnet[/name] [name]Bird[/name]. I love animal and nature-y/earthy names etc. I love that her first name is from my side and her middle name is from his side so it’s even.

Well we can’t agree on any names every name I throw out he says No to them…I wanted to keep the naming “theme” I have going and name this girl after Hubby’s middle name which is [name]Harlan[/name] (love for a boys name he hates! =( I can only come up with [name]Harlow[/name] (which I love cuz I do call her Lo) or [name]Harlie[/name] (this spelling only) but [name]Harlie[/name] seems to harsh and we have a cousin [name]Karley[/name] already. Hubbys first name is a bit harder its [name]Dustin[/name] but I’m not a fan of D girls names (another long story) & [name]Destiny[/name] is [name]WAY[/name] to popular for my taste since the last name is indeed [name]Smith[/name]. (I rather 20 [name]Smith[/name]'s then the same first name)

I did pick out the name [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Annette[/name] nn Lo but my husband only likes her middle name =( and it didn’t bug me until recently that he doesn’t like her first name.

We both agreed on [name]Amerie[/name]'s name so I want us to agree with all of our kids names.

The ONLY names he has said yes or ok to are: Jainey, [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Estelle[/name]/[name]Estella[/name]

([name]Estelle[/name]/[name]Estella[/name] I just don’t like and [name]Eloise[/name] is ok I like other names more.)

The names I [name]LOVE[/name] (lately i change my mind): [name]Harlow[/name], Jainey, [name]Presley[/name]/[name]Preslie[/name]

first name/middle name criteria I would like names to come from these name but still fit with big sisters name:
Husband:[name]Dustin[/name] [name]Harlan[/name]
My sister/babies Aunt: [name]Fallon[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
Hubs Grandmother: [name]Betty[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
Hubs Grandmother: [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

My name is [name]Karin[/name] [name]Marie[/name] & Big sister is [name]Amerie[/name] [name]Lynette[/name]

I dunno any help would be great and if I confused anyone I will be happy to answer any questions.

how about:

Janda
[name]Jana[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Ines[/name]
[name]Liesl[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Natalya[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name]
[name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name] / [name]Sabine[/name] (pronounced the same way Sa-[name]BEE[/name]-na)
[name]Carys[/name] / [name]Karis[/name]
[name]Cerise[/name]
[name]Tresa[/name]
[name]Cynara[/name]

I did pick out the name [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Annette[/name] nn Lo but my husband only likes her middle name =( and it didn’t bug me until recently that he doesn’t like her first name.

We both agreed on [name]Amerie[/name]'s name so I want us to agree with all of our kids names. - That is such a great idea!

The ONLY names he has said yes or ok to are: Jainey, [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Estelle[/name]/[name]Estella[/name] - I love [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Estelle[/name]/[name]Estella[/name] - [name]Estelle[/name]/[name]Estella[/name] mean “star” and they have a great nn - [name]Stella[/name]. I think [name]Stella[/name] [name]Smith[/name] sounds great.

The names I [name]LOVE[/name] (lately i change my mind):
[name]Harlow[/name] - this is pretty even though it’s not the type of name I usually like
Jainey - I like [name]Jane[/name] and also [name]Rainie[/name] and [name]Remy[/name], but not Jainey
[name]Presley[/name]/[name]Preslie[/name] - I don’t like these names, Sorry!

first name/middle name criteria I would like names to come from these name but still fit with big sisters name:
Husband:[name]Dustin[/name] [name]Harlan[/name] - [name]Harlow[/name] sounds like [name]Harlan[/name]! Maybe he would like [name]Harlow[/name] more if you told him that.
Hubs Grandmother: [name]Betty[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - You could name your daughter [name]Jane[/name] and call her [name]Janey[/name], oh but with [name]Smith[/name] that would be too plain.
Hubs Grandmother: [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Mary[/name] - a combo of [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] could be [name]Ruby[/name], a gem name, has to do with nature.

My name is [name]Karin[/name] [name]Marie[/name] & Big sister is [name]Amerie[/name] [name]Lynette[/name] - Your daughter’s middle name could be [name]Maren[/name], [name]Karin[/name] without the K, adding the M from [name]Marie[/name]. I love [name]Marin[/name].

More ideas:

[name]Acadia[/name] - National [name]Park[/name] in [name]Maine[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name] - means “happy”
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Cairo[/name] - sounds kind of like [name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Calais[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Flavia[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name], [name]Indio[/name] - indigo means a blue plant and [name]Indio[/name] is a [name]California[/name] desert name.
[name]Io[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] - this isn’t really your style, but it’s so pretty
[name]Malika[/name]
Merida - city in Yucatan
[name]Mischa[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Paola[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name], [name]Quintana[/name] nn [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Venice[/name]
[name]Verona[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]

with hubs grandmother’s name being betty you could use eliza, i think eliza smith sounds great and goes well with amerie

Thank you, but I don’t like [name]Eliza[/name] I like [name]Alice[/name], [name]Elyse[/name]/[name]Alyse[/name], [name]Elise[/name] more but thanks.

Janda-[name]How[/name] do you say this? What does it mean? (I’m bad with that)
[name]Jana[/name]-its ok.
[name]Jensen[/name]-this is cute but I like it for a boy I think of the guitar.
[name]Maren[/name]-not a fan.
[name]Hadley[/name]-love this but [name]Hadleigh[/name] and hubs doesnt like. =(
[name]Finley[/name]-super cute hubs doesnt like.
[name]Esme[/name]-I love this! (way before Twilight too. & love the nn [name]Mae[/name] or [name]Essie[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]-its ok.
[name]Ines[/name]-very pretty.
[name]Liesl[/name]-how do you say this?
[name]Bethany[/name]-no.
[name]Cressida[/name]-ehh.
[name]Liliana[/name]-I do love this but too popular.
[name]Natalya[/name]-no.
[name]Saffron[/name]-cute.
[name]Emmeline[/name]-i do love this but my [name]SIL[/name] has dibs on [name]Emma[/name] might be too close.
[name]Larissa[/name]-reminds me of [name]Clarissa[/name] explains it all. lol
[name]Hyacinth[/name]-This looks really pretty…how do you say this?
[name]Sabina[/name] / [name]Sabine[/name]-this is pretty.
[name]Carys[/name] / [name]Karis[/name]-how do you say this?
[name]Cerise[/name]-no
[name]Tresa[/name]-no.
[name]Cynara[/name]-no.

Thank you for your help you got my mind rolling with ideas :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lane[/name]/[name]Laine[/name] nn [name]Lainey[/name]?
It has the Lan part of [name]Harlan[/name]…

What does everyone think about Wrenna ______ [name]Smith[/name] it means Songbird and another site said it’s a twist an avian twist [name]Brenna[/name]. Plus, it could go with my bird theme. What middle names would be good?

I love your options of [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Estelle[/name], as I think they’re quite elegant and sound lovely with [name]Amerie[/name].

With the femine and elegant [name]Amerie[/name], I’d personally stick with something equally feminine, exotic, and sophisticated for her sister’s name. [name]Harlow[/name] and your other unisex/more masculine/trendy names aren’t my style, but even if they were, I honestly don’t think they work with [name]Amerie[/name].

[name]Arabella[/name] ([name]Arabella[/name] contains words from your husband’s MN)
[name]Justina[/name] (for [name]Dustin[/name])
[name]Fiona[/name] (for [name]Fallon[/name])
[name]Felicity[/name] (for [name]Fallon[/name])
[name]Anneliese[/name] (for [name]Ann[/name], in the middle, because it sounds a bit like [name]Amerie[/name])
[name]Briony[/name]/[name]Bryony[/name] (floral name for the the B initial)
[name]Augustina[/name]/[name]Augustine[/name] (for [name]Dustin[/name])
[name]Annika[/name] (for [name]Ann[/name])
[name]Vivianne[/name] (for [name]Ann[/name])
[name]Romilly[/name] (for the R in [name]Ruth[/name])
[name]Juliette[/name] (for the Ett in [name]Betty[/name])
[name]Harmony[/name] (not my style, but in the middle for [name]Harlan[/name])
[name]Larissa[/name] (contains part of [name]Harlan[/name] and [name]Dustin[/name])

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] (eye-la)
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]

I think [name]Wren[/name] is really pretty, and I personally prefer it to Wrenna. (It sounds too close to [name]Brenna[/name] to me, and just doesn’t sound as classy as [name]Wren[/name]–to me.) Have you thought about [name]Paloma[/name], which means dove in Spanish?

Middle names for Wrenna:

Wrenna [name]Blythe[/name]
Wrenna [name]Caroline[/name]
Wrenna [name]Josephine[/name]
Wrenna [name]Marielle[/name]
Wrenna [name]Scarlett[/name]
Wrenna [name]Violet[/name]

Best wishes to you! (And don’t worry, because you’ll find the perfect name!) :slight_smile:

I thought I’d also suggest [name]Alouette[/name], the French for lark, as a potential bird name and means of honoring [name]Betty[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I do like [name]Alouette[/name] but prolly for a middle name…and not this time around. (Yes, I’m bad I have names in mind for future babies! lol guess I’m a little addicted…)

I do like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

Thank you but I only like [name]Rose[/name] as the first name plus my hubby said no to [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosemarie[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Opal[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Perla[/name], & on!

He did agree to [name]Scarlett[/name] but I fear it’s too popular…do you know names like [name]Scarlett[/name] but not as popular?

[name]Delphine[/name]: Is pronounced [name]Del[/name]-FEEN

[name]Laurel[/name]: Another floral name, and I do think you could call her [name]Lolly[/name] or Lo. Why not? :slight_smile:

[name]Paloma[/name]: On another thread, [name]Susan[/name] suggested the nicknames [name]Polly[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] for [name]Paloma[/name]…

Some more floral/botanical names:

[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] (French…)
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]

Similar to [name]Scarlett[/name]? Did you mean the sound or the feel?

Similar sound, not as popular as [name]Scarlett[/name]:

[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Similar to [name]Scarlett[/name]-

Style: [name]Sienna[/name]
Sound: [name]Skylar[/name]

My votes for names that are similar to [name]Scarlett[/name]:
[name]Bianca[/name] - sultry
[name]Camille[/name] - sultry
[name]Carmen[/name] - even more sultry
[name]Delores[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name] - [name]Delores[/name] is very edgy cool to an ultra hipster that doesn’t want to be like anyone else. [name]Lola[/name] is way more popular.
[name]Desiree[/name] - sultry
[name]Estelle[/name] nn [name]Stella[/name] - love it!
[name]Flavia[/name] - definitely has a backbone.
[name]Flora[/name] - softer than [name]Scarlett[/name] but quietly sultry to my ear
[name]Georgia[/name] - Southern name with a 'tude
[name]Ginger[/name] - snappy
[name]India[/name] - exotic
[name]Khalida[/name] nn Khala - sounds passionate and exotic
[name]Leila[/name] - more sultry
[name]Lorelei[/name] - siren
[name]Ruby[/name] - means “red” like [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name] - very dramatic
[name]Stella[/name] - has a 'tude
[name]Tallulah[/name] - siren
[name]Theda[/name] - vampy
[name]Thora[/name] - sounds like it has a 'tude.
[name]Viviana[/name] - passionate

My votes for names that are similar to [name]Scarlett[/name]:
[name]Bianca[/name] - sultry
[name]Camille[/name] - exotic
[name]Carmen[/name] - even more sultry
[name]Cecilia[/name] - very spunky
[name]Delores[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name] - [name]Delores[/name] is very edgy cool to an ultra hipster that doesn’t want to be like anyone else. [name]Lola[/name] is way more popular.
[name]Daphne[/name] - has a lot of character
[name]Desiree[/name] - sultry
[name]Estelle[/name] nn [name]Stella[/name] - love it!
[name]Flavia[/name] - definitely has a backbone.
[name]Flora[/name] - softer than [name]Scarlett[/name] but quietly sultry to my ear
[name]Georgia[/name] - Southern name with a 'tude
[name]Ginger[/name] - snappy
[name]India[/name] - exotic
[name]Khalida[/name] nn Khala - sounds passionate and exotic
[name]Leila[/name] - more sultry
[name]Lorelei[/name] - siren
[name]Lucille[/name] - Southern, snappy, strong.
[name]Melina[/name] - softer than [name]Scarlett[/name], means yellow in Greek, but it feels strong to me.
[name]Nerissa[/name] - sounds mysterious
[name]Paloma[/name] - somehow sounds exotic and very warm, kind of rustic
[name]Paulette[/name] - very, very edgy cool. Nameberry doesn’t consider it cool yet but I think [name]Paulette[/name], [name]Yvette[/name], and [name]Delores[/name] are going to be super cool after a while.
[name]Ramona[/name] - see above
[name]Ruby[/name] - means “red” like [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name] - very dramatic
[name]Stella[/name] - has a 'tude
[name]Suzette[/name] - see [name]Paulette[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] - siren
[name]Theda[/name] - vampy
[name]Thora[/name] - sounds like it has a 'tude.
[name]Veronica[/name] - definitely has a 'tude
[name]Viviana[/name] - passionate
[name]Xanthia[/name] - mysterious, or [name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Yvette[/name] - cutting edge, exotic
[name]Zandra[/name] - more sultry
[name]Zia[/name] - exotic

My favorites are: [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]India[/name], [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], and [name]Viviana[/name].
My very favorites are: [name]Camille[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Paloma[/name], and [name]Veronica[/name].

• I saw the name Wrenna which is a spin of [name]Brenna[/name]. I named my daughter [name]Brenna[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Anyhow … some ideas I came up with are:
  • [name]Lilianna[/name] (can be called [name]Lily[/name] for short and its a flower so this fits into your liking of nature. [name]Anna[/name] is a form of [name]Ann[/name] which is taken from [name]Fallon[/name] [name]Ann[/name]).

• [name]Logan[/name] (a boy name, but super cute for a girl. You can call her “Lo” for short like you wanted with [name]Harlow[/name]. The “an” part comes out of [name]Jane[/name] & [name]Ann[/name]).

• [name]Myra[/name]/[name]Mya[/name] ([name]Mary[/name] with the letters switched around)

• [name]Evette[/name]/[name]Yvette[/name] (if you do the one beginning with E she can be called [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evey[/name]. You get the “ett” & “y” from [name]Betty[/name]).

• [name]Janea[/name] (JA-NAY-A)/[name]Janell[/name] (from [name]Jane[/name])

Here are some cute D names (I know you said you aren’t partial to D names):

• [name]Daisy[/name] (nature name since its a flower)
  • [name]Darla[/name]
  • [name]Daphne[/name]
  • [name]Danica[/name]
  • [name]Devon[/name] (it is more boy’ish, but can be cute for a little girl. “D” from [name]Dustin[/name] and the “on” from [name]Fallon[/name]).