Help!! I can't create combos!

Hey, Berries!

I’ve been collecting names for a while now and my list just keeps growing, but I’m having serious trouble matching my favorite names up and making first/middle combos. My overall style (both boys and girls), I would describe as being romantic and magical, yet simple and strong. On the girls’ side this means nothing too frilly. While I definitely appreciate the beauty of names like [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], for instance, they just aren’t for me. Unsurprisingly, I’ve ended up with a few names on my girl’s list that lean more toward unisex (though I only see them as female). These “unisex” names are pretty much the only ones I’ve had any luck in matching, because I knew I wanted a more romantic, feminine name in the middle spot for balance. So that leaves me with:

[name_m]Clarke[/name_m] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_u]Hero[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Verona[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Livvy[/name_f])
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_u]Rey[/name_u] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]

Other than these more “unisex” names, I’ve only been able to match a few of the more traditionally feminine names on my list. These combos are:

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Flick[/name_f])
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]

I’d love to hear some feedback on my combos, particularly [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]. I think of [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] as a literary and nature name, but it is also connected to [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] Place. Does that make it weird to pair with [name_f]Verona[/name_f], which is definitely a place name? Or does it sound okay?

Here are the rest of my girl’s names (names marked with asterisks are for middles only, while the others I have considered for both):

[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f]
[name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]*
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Pema[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]*
[name_f]Verona[/name_f]*

I’d especially love to hear your suggestions for [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. This name is very important to me and I’ve considered [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but I’m not sure if any of those are right. Also, if you’d like to suggest a combo using a name that isn’t already on my list, I’d love to hear any and all suggestions!!! [name_f]TIA[/name_f]!:smiley:

I rally like [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]; I didn’t even consider [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] as a place name, so for me, it’s not weird. The one that throws me a lit is [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f], as it runs together a bit with the repeating Rs. Some combos I made from your list:

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Pema[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

I’ll go in sets of two

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Pema[/name_f]

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Verona[/name_f] immediately stood out to me as my favourite combo of those you listed!
We have similar tastes too because quite a few of your middle names are on my list too.

I really like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] from your combos.
And [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is pretty too!
Have fun building your combos, sorry I’m not much help!

[name_m]Clarke[/name_m] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] - I love this! My favourite of your combos.
[name_u]Hero[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - Wpuld prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u], but it works.
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Verona[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Livvy[/name_f]) - Wouldn’t have even thought of [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] being a place name if you hadn’t suggested it. It’s a cute combo, and I love [name_f]Livvy[/name_f].
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]! My second favourite of your combos.
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] - I adore [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], but I don’t think [name_f]Renee[/name_f] fits with it. Plus, the end of [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] and start of [name_f]Renee[/name_f] run into each other
[name_u]Rey[/name_u] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] - [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] would flow better. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Rey[/name_u], I prefer [name_u]Rae[/name_u].
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - Cute! Both names are amazing
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Rey[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Flick[/name_f]) - Again, I prefer [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. The nn [name_f]Flick[/name_f] is great!
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - Cute. I would never have thought of these two together, but it works.

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Pema[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] are great too!

Wow, thanks for the great feedback already! I’d like to respond to all of you, so here we go!

@violet1296 [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] was the other one I wasn’t sure of. I felt like it ran together a little but I tried to convince myself that it just flowed really well, lol, because I didn’t know what else to put with it. You gave me so many great suggestions, I particularly love [name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_u]Claude[/name_u] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]!!! Thank you, and if you have any suggestions for a middle for [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], I’d love to hear it!!

@theirishsaint I love [name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!!! And [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is adorable, but I think I might like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] even better!!! Thanks so much for the suggestions!

@troublewithsully Thank you for the feedback! I was so set on [name_u]Hero[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] that I never even considered [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] with any other names, but [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is lovely! [name_m]How[/name_m] could I miss it?

@indilee [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Claude[/name_u] is such a great suggestion, I love it!! [name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is also great, and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is really interesting, I never considered that one. I think you might be right about [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f], any suggestions for a better middle? Also, I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]!

Thanks to everyone for the awesome feedback and keep the suggestions coming:D

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Verona[/name_f] is pretty and nicely offbeat. I had stopped watching the Disney [name_f]Channel[/name_f] by the time Wizards of [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] Place was on, so I don’t see [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] as a place name.

Suggestions:

[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Pema[/name_f]
[name_f]Pema[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Pema[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Pema[/name_f]

Good luck! Please excuse any repeats.

I actually like Wavery [name_f]Verona[/name_f] the most from your unisex list. There’s something​beautiful and exotic about her. :slight_smile: [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is stunning.

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f] [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]

@hermione_vader I love [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and a lot of the others you suggested, thank you!

@luneth [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is stunning and I love [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]!!! Thanks for the great suggestions:D

Here are ideas for [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]:
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Luisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Calista[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Rosabel
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

@jariel The second I read [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] I thought you had given me the perfect middle for the combo. And while I still think it looks perfect in writing, I think it might run together a little when said aloud, like what others were pointing out with [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]. Maybe it’s just me, but the name trips me up a little and sometimes I accidentally say [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Nellore. It just feels a little like a tongue twister.

BUT, you definitely have me on the right track now, so thank you!! I’m now considering [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] or [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] to avoid the tongue twister aspect. Thank you for your insightful suggestions:D