Help! I don't like any names... :(

Hello all!

I am 12 weeks pregnant and have thought a lot about names but can’t find any that I really love. I just keep trying to tell myself not to start worrying until we find out the sex.

Anyway, there are a lot of names I think are cute but not that I am in [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] with. My husband doesn’t really have strong opinions either. We like names that are not too trendy, not too common, not too out there, not too old fashioned. We’re very picky. :slight_smile: Also, we are both teachers so we have so many names that remind us of students.

For a girl, I am really set on the middle name [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], after my grandpa ([name_m]Earl[/name_m]) but my husband thinks this is an “embarrassing” middle name! Trying to convince him it’s not!

Thoughts on the following list would be much appreciated! Or new ideas would be great!

[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - nn Haddie
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (not [name_f]Sophia[/name_f])
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

Boy names are even more difficult for us!

[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] - nn [name_m]Des[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]

HELP!

I like [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. It is simple and sparky and lovely.

I like [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is ultra feminine so this sort of balances it out :slight_smile:

Not sure if these will help but here are some names I personally like with the MN for [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariella[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

I am terrible with boys names, so I don’t really have any suggestions. [name_m]Just[/name_m] keep looking, you’ll find “the name” eventually :slight_smile:

My preferences lie with [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

There are much fewer boys names I like as well and I have my doubts that you or your husband would fall in love with the names I have, but just in case: how about [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_u]Logan[/name_u] or [name_m]Milo[/name_m]?

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a great way to honour [name_m]Earl[/name_m]! If it’s a boy, will his middle name be [name_m]Earl[/name_m]?

I don’t think [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is embarrassing as a middle name. The other option would be something like [name_f]Earlene[/name_f], so tell your husband to chew on that, haha.

Of your girl names, they mostly work fine with [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - the only exception would be the beautiful [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I don’t think the two one-syllable names sound great together. You might consider [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]? Also, to me, [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] feels out of place on your list - the others are clearly feminine and mostly quite classic, while [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] is more contemporary and unisex. You might like:

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

or something a bit more uncommon, like

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

Each of your boynames has a different feel to me: [name_u]Evan[/name_u] is pretty current, [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] as far as I know has never been very popular, and [name_m]William[/name_m] is very traditional/classic. You might also like:

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Landon[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! Lots for us to think about. :slight_smile: