HELP I LOVE TEDDY...BUT HUSBAND DOESNT

I am pregnant with our second child, and we wont know the gender until birth. However, we both have strong feelings its a boy. We already have the girls name option picked out, but my husband and I are butting heads on the boys name. I [name]LOVE[/name] THE NAME [name]TEDDY[/name]. I am willing to go with a different name and use [name]Teddy[/name] as a nickname, but my husband hates it. We both knew a person named [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name] and it brings back not so good feelings. After talking for a while I think he is coming around.
So, I need your help. Please help me make a hybrid for [name]Teddy[/name]. I dont want [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Edward[/name], ect. I was thinking Theodorio, but any name you can make up would be great. My husband likes the name [name]Titus[/name], so get creative if you can.
Thanks so much!

You know, you could also just go with a traditional [name]Edward[/name] and call him [name]Teddy[/name]. I think that’s fair game.

I really like it, too! Good luck convincing him!!!

What about [name]Thaddeus[/name]? It is like [name]Theodore[/name], but different, and I still think [name]Teddy[/name] could work. Your husband could use [name]Thad[/name] or [name]Tad[/name], too…

Well, this is out of the box, but because you’re not interested in [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Edward[/name], what about using T.D. initials to reach the [name]Teddy[/name] nickname?

T names:

[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Tobiah[/name]
(I can’t see your post as I’m typing, but I think you had [name]Titus[/name], which could also work…)
[name]Tate[/name]

Some D names:

[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Darius[/name] (reminds me of [name]Titus[/name]…)

You could also use something like [name]Edmund[/name] to reach [name]Teddy[/name], or a T name up front and [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Edmund[/name] in the middle…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jill[/name]'s [name]Edmund[/name] idea.
Also [name]Edwin[/name], a Hipster name.
I love [name]Theodore[/name].
[name]Tedric[/name] - but it sounds kind of odd.
[name]Frederick[/name]

I like the idea of using [name]Thaddeus[/name] to get [name]Teddy[/name].
other ideas-
[name]Theron[/name]
Theobold
[name]Theodoric[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Teo[/name]- a variant or nn for [name]Matteo[/name] (the Spanish version of [name]Matthew[/name]). [name]Teddy[/name] would be a cute nn and it reminds me of boy’s names like [name]Kai[/name] and [name]Rio[/name].

thanks for all the help!

You could try [name]Edwardo[/name], just [name]Teddy[/name] on its own, [name]Edmund[/name].

If my babe is a boy, he is being called [name]Teddy[/name]. I’ve been saying this since i met a baby [name]Teddy[/name] when my twin boys were about 6 mths old. My hubby was not convinced! I stuck to my guns.

I told a friend with very similar tastes this name and she loved it. now she is due before me and asked if we still liked [name]Teddy[/name]. I told my hubby and he said, ‘No, she can’t have [name]Teddy[/name]!’ She did me a favour and now it is confirmed [name]Teddy[/name] is ou next boy!

[name]Said[/name] friend has diffferent tastes to her husband. For her twins she really liked [name]Monty[/name], he didn’t. After watching her go through a tough labour he gave her the choice of their 2nd boy and [name]Monty[/name] he is. He is such a [name]Monty[/name] as well! She has a few up her sleeve for this labour and hopes that the same will happen again!!! Maybe this could be an option!?!

The name you pick for your son doesn’t have to have the ted or ed in it. [name]Just[/name] pick a name you both love and nn your son [name]Teddy[/name]. If your husband desn’t appeal to the [name]Teddy[/name] thing and the names it ofers, [name]Teddy[/name] can just be YOUR special pet name for him. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Theodor[/name] would be a really, nice strong first name. Very powerful and regal. That way you could still use [name]Teddy[/name] and when he gets older if he wants an alternative to [name]Teddy[/name] you could call him [name]Theodor[/name] or even [name]Theo[/name]?

I LOVED [name]Teddy[/name], too, for my little guy, but couldn’t quite talk my husband into giving him another name with [name]Teddy[/name] as a nickname. I did almost convince him with [name]Theron[/name], though. One thing I found was that nearly any name that starts with T can have [name]Teddy[/name] as a nickname. Really, you can be so creative. I also really like [name]Didier[/name], which I thought would be fine to be shortened to [name]Teddy[/name]. I even really like [name]Titus[/name]. Good luck!