Help, I think I'm about to do violence upon my husband...

We’re trying to get a short list, but we can’t even get a long list to choose a short list from. It’s really important to me to have an actual list because I don’t think it’s a good idea to just have one name picked out, since that name may not fit or give you that “feeling” or whatever. I can’t explain it, but the idea of naming someone before they’re born gives me the willies. But since it took my husband and I weeks to agree on a name for our dogs, we really have to do some thinking beforehand.

For girls, I usually like strong names where consonants outnumber or at least equal vowels. Usually the names I like end in consonants, unless the other consonants are hard enough to keep it strong (e.g. [name]Victoria[/name]). Also, mostly I like names that are classics or have a classic flavor, but are under the radar. My absolute favorites are [name]Meredith[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Kirsten[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name].

For boys, I can’t figure out my pattern except that I love the letter “i.” I love [name]Isaac[/name], [name]David[/name], [name]Eric[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], and [name]Lionel[/name] the best.

(In fact, I think it’s safe to say that I love the letter “i” - especially a long “i” - period, as names that otherwise don’t fit my typical pattern are awesome as long as they have a long “i.” Like [name]Lorelei[/name]. Which my husband hates. [name]Le[/name] sigh.)

So far as I can tell, my husband’s qualifications for names he likes are: 1) he has to have never, ever met anyone with that name before, and 2) it has to be quirky or cutesy. He likes [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], and [name]Josie[/name], all of which I can’t stand. ([name]Georgia[/name] is respectable enough but I have a major hate-on for male names with feminized endings tacked on.) For boys, he likes [name]Wiley[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name], [name]Jordan[/name], and [name]Tennessee[/name]. None of those are terrible but none of them really do anything for me, either. I like [name]Jeremiah[/name] (long “i”!) but I knew one that I disliked. Same with [name]Wiley[/name].

So since he vetoed pretty much every name I came up with, I made him start looking at names and this is what he came up with that we both like at least a little:

Girls:

[name]Camille[/name]* (sounds terrible with our last name)
[name]Chloe[/name]* (ditto)
[name]Geneva[/name] (I’m a bit iffy on this one for some reason)
[name]Lilibeth[/name] (love the sound of [name]Lily[/name] [name]Beth[/name] and how southern the double-nameishness is, but I don’t think it passes the secretary of state test so I’m wary)
[name]Cordelia[/name]* <----this one actually works for me, but boy, my mom hates it

Boys:

Ronan (I like it but it sounds so trendy, not classic at all, so I dunno…)
Marlow* (it’s being used as a girls’ name now, GRR!)
Walker (also the name of an ex-boyfriend of mine, and yes, I’ll run into him again - same hometown, same alma mater, etc.)
Byron <----this one totally works, but again, my mom hates it

So we have one strong contender for each - Cordelia and Byron. And that’s it. I’d like at least three of each. I have poured over name lists for months now, and my DH has even looked at them for… a few hours maybe.

Anybody have any suggestions that will satisfy my taste and his and sound good with our last name at the same time? Probably needs to be more than one syllable…

*I think half the reason I like these names is that I’ve known people or fictional characters that I like with these names.

Hm. Okay, let me start with I names…

[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] ([name]Isabel[/name])
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Ileana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Irina[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Aliza[/name]
[name]Aviva[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Myra[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Vivien[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

If it’s bold, it’s got a long-I sound. Now, meeting the “I’ve never met one!” criteria can be a little tough, but I think [name]Iris[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Briony[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Lyra[/name], and [name]Viola[/name] are all good bets. Now, spunky and sassy is a matter of personal preference, but I think [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name] fit the bill especially well.

[name]Avis[/name]
[name]Brigham[/name]
[name]Bryant[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dwight[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Francis[/name]
[name]Garrison[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hiram[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Ira[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Justin[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] ([name]Lewis[/name])
[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Niles[/name]
[name]Nevin[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Wilhelm[/name]
[name]Zachariah[/name]

Again, bold with the long-I sound. For more out-there names, I think [name]Bryant[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Hiram[/name], [name]Ira[/name], [name]Linus[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Niles[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Silas[/name], and [name]Zachariah[/name] are your best bets. Some of those would be a little too bold, perhaps, today - I’m talking about [name]Hiram[/name] and [name]Linus[/name], which, though cool, are pretty “old man.” I think [name]Milo[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Silas[/name], and [name]Elias[/name] are really fun ones, though!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you, [name]Lemon[/name]. Many of those are names that DH has already rejected or ones that don’t sound good with our last name, but you’ve given me a couple! [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name] are win. [name]Lionel[/name] is new to my list, I have yet to run it by my husband (giving him a brief break from the name talk), but I love it (my mom hates it of course) and you’re right, since he’s probably never heard it before, he might, too.

Girl names are so much tougher, I expect for everyone (I mean, hell, there’s a lot more of them). DH and I have mostly the same instincts for boys’ names, just different criteria. Girl names, it’s a whole 'nother story. It’s especially difficult because two-syllable names that end in vowels (like, most girl names) just don’t sound good with our last name. [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Kane[/name], [name]Maya[/name] [name]Kane[/name], [name]Eva[/name] [name]Kane[/name] - it sounds like a topical ointment. And names that start with “C” sound too matchy with our last name unless they’re very long (like [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name]).

Girls:
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]

Some of those are probably more “out there” than you would like, but I wanted to at least give you more names.

Boys:
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Elam[/name]/Elim
[name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

GL!
T

What do you think of [name]Camellia[/name]? It’s similar to [name]Camille[/name] but long enough to work with your last name.

You’ve gotten a lot of good suggestions already, and I don’t really have anymore to add. I just wanted to say that I hope you don’t rule out [name]Cordelia[/name]. I’m sure it’s discouraging that your mom doesn’t like it, but maybe she could call her by one of several nickname options (I love [name]Cora[/name]!) Also, I don’t think [name]Camille[/name] [name]Kane[/name] sounds bad at all, in fact I quite like it. The alliteration is nice in this case, and I think having the stress on the 2nd syllable makes it sound a lot better than, say, [name]Cara[/name] [name]Kane[/name].

I have [name]Ronan[/name] on my list too, but I feel the same way about it as you do. I worry that it sounds a bit trendy, but I can’t help but really like it. It may be too much N with your last name, though? Another option could be [name]Rowan[/name], which I think sounds a little more classic. I know it’s becoming more popular for girls, but I recently met this very rugged, outdoorsy male [name]Rowan[/name] who sold the name for me. [name]Byron[/name] is nice. I really love [name]Silas[/name], though!

Sorry if that was no help at all! Good luck!

My mom’s name is [name]Cornelia[/name] - maybe a different take on [name]Cordelia[/name] if you both can’t agree.

I really have nothing more to add. But, I have to tell you, my 4 yr old has the same #1 rule as your husband. I am due in 8 weeks, not decided on a name yet, and everything we discuss, my son says, “No - I know somone with that name.” LOL

Oh goodness, I feel your pain (we had similar issues with all of our 3 kids) but your original post made me laugh. :slight_smile:

FWIW, my second is named [name]Lydia[/name]. Might work with a name like “[name]Kane[/name].”

I have similar tastes to yours. I love [name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]. Keep those on the list. Your mom will understand! (And if she doesn’t, oh well. :wink:

I have to say that [name]Meredith[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name] are my all time favorites too! I’m not going to post a name suggestion list, but I do have a word of advice. Well, two words, actually.

1. [name]Don[/name]'t tell people you know what names you are thinking of. Everyone will have something to say and it’s hard not to be influenced by their opinions.

2. Trying to please your mother with your choice of baby name is a losing battle. It’s YOUR baby, and she is not in charge anymore - you are! Her likes and dislikes are influenced by her generation. This is a new day.

Personally, I love [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Byron[/name], and I don’t think your mom’s opinion should influence your choice at all! Of course we all know that the reality of it is, it does, but ideally… she will get used to it. If her granddaughter is named [name]Cordelia[/name] she will still love her and she could even come up with a cute nickname that only she calls her! [name]Cora[/name] (like one of the pps suggested), [name]Cory[/name], [name]Cordy[/name], [name]Delia[/name], [name]Lia[/name]… Same with [name]Byron[/name]. My mom actually told me years ago that I can name my kids whatever I want, and if she doesn’t like it, she’s going to call them [name]Jack[/name] (if it’s a boy) and [name]Birdie[/name] (if it’s a girl). At first I was upset, now I think it’s cute that they would have a “grandma only” nickname! Your mom could call a girl [name]Candy[/name]… like [name]Candy[/name] [name]Kane[/name] :lol: JK

As far as names go…
[name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Kane[/name] - I don’t like this. I think it’s the repeated AY sound in “i-ZAY-uh KAYN”.
[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Kane[/name] - for some reason, this reminds me of [name]Christmas[/name] and candy canes. I have no idea why.
[name]Byron[/name] [name]Kane[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] [name]Kane[/name] are lovely.

[name]Both[/name] [name]Lionel[/name] [name]Kane[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]/[name]Isla[/name] [name]Kane[/name] make me think of Lidocaine… sorry :frowning: I love both names too!
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Kane[/name] is very sweet.
I would also suggest [name]Camilla[/name] “Kah-MILL-uh” instead of [name]Camille[/name] “Kah-MEEL”, especially with [name]Kane[/name]. [name]Camilla[/name] [name]Kane[/name] just sounds better to me. FWIW, My first and last name both start with a hard K sound, and I always loved the alliteration in it. So don’t be afraid to use a C- or K- name!

Suggestions:
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]/[name]Brice[/name]

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Kyla[/name]/[name]Kylie[/name] - but beware the double K initials! I ALWAYS get asked if my initials are KKK.

Tarat, some of the names on that list I find win ([name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name]) but DH has already rejected them. Sigh.

Elsiek, for some reason I love [name]Camille[/name] but hate [name]Camilla[/name]. Because of the association with [name]Parker[/name]-Bowles, maybe? I dunno.

Hoodie, didn’t think of [name]Rowan[/name] (bit trendy for me), though I like [name]Roman[/name]. Maybe [name]Camille[/name] [name]Kane[/name] isn’t as bad as I thought… hmm.

Sideways, fortunately both of us like [name]Cordelia[/name] a lot… LOL@your son. At least he can’t possibly have met as many people over his lifetime as my DH has.

Phaedrap, I think “[name]Lydia[/name]” runs into that “Lidocaine” problem, but it made me think of “[name]Nadia[/name],” which I just thought of today and I find win. So that’ll go on my list to send DH, for what that’s worth, lol. Is [name]Nadia[/name] very associated with the Middle [name]East[/name]? Not that it’s terrible if it is, but I always thought it was a bit wanky when white people gave their kids names like [name]Aiko[/name].

[name]Ginger[/name], you have excellent taste, lol. Yeah, I’m not terribly concerned about pleasing my mom, especially as she’s given some godawful suggestions (Gallahad - no seriously). Actually almost everything she’s suggested is truly terrible (with the lone exception of [name]Jebediah[/name]), so if she doesn’t like it it’s probably a good name. Haha, once I got ahold of my parents’ original baby name long list, and I was horrified at each and every one of my mom’s names. I’m so glad my dad was there to temper her crazy.

It’s just hard with no one sensible [name]IRL[/name] to bounce ideas off of.

Greyer - you’re right, I’ve gotta take out [name]Lionel[/name]. SIGH! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LIONEL[/name]! Crap.

Well, my husband is currently compiling a list, I’ll let y’all know what we come up with.

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
Emeric
[name]Timon[/name]
[name]Nicolai[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Kiernan[/name]

[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Maxine[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]

OK, I just got a list of names from my husband.

Boys: [name]Riley[/name], [name]Bastien[/name], [name]Kenzo[/name], [name]Magnus[/name] (!), [name]Remington[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Atlas[/name] (!!!)

Girls: [name]Adalynn[/name] (yay another made-up -lyn name; did I mention he liked [name]Jocelyn[/name]?), [name]Auden[/name], [name]Perrine[/name] (!), [name]Chantal[/name], [name]Djuna[/name] (!!!), [name]Hunter[/name] (!!!), [name]Isis[/name], [name]Jameson[/name] (um I suggested this as a boy’s name and he shot it down, WTF is up with that?), [name]Thea[/name]

headdesk

I guess your husbands list isn’t too bad! There are some definite workable names in there! I have to say my favorite one would probably be [name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Link[/name]! Cool name! [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Kane[/name] sounds awesome! With [name]Bastien[/name], would he (or you) ever go with [name]Sebastien[/name]? His nn could be [name]Bastien[/name] or [name]Seb[/name] or [name]Ash[/name] - so lots of possibilities all with different feelings. A great name for people who are on completely different naming spectrums! [name]Sebastien[/name] [name]Kane[/name] is very handsome! When i hear the name [name]Kenzo[/name], i immediately think of [name]Kenzo[/name] Tange - a VERY cool japanese architect. Someone cool to be named after but there ya go, it’s a japanese name. I see it working in the Western world really easily. It’s along the (very) same line as [name]Enzo[/name] - a pretty accepted name. [name]Kenzo[/name] [name]Kane[/name] sounds like a medicine though. [name]Riley[/name] i personally wouldn;t use since it has completely gone to the girls (but i guess that doesn’t bug him too much ahem…[name]Hunter[/name] & [name]Jameson[/name]). [name]Remington[/name] aslo sounds fem to me - i guess its the [name]Remi[/name] nn thats all girl to me.

As for girls - i quite like [name]Auden[/name]! Its literary yet has a fresh feel. [name]Auden[/name] [name]Kane[/name] sounds decent - the only problem i can see with it is the nn [name]Aud[/name] ie. Odd - not so fun. They only way i can see [name]Hunter[/name] working on a girl is if she is forever known as [name]Honey[/name]/Huney - which is kinda cute i must say. Would he consider [name]Hunter[/name] for a boy? [name]Hunter[/name] [name]Kane[/name] is awesome! I wonder if he would consider [name]Adeline[/name] as opposed to [name]Adalynn[/name] (it’s also really similar to your [name]Adelaide[/name]). [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Kane[/name] is beautiful!

For what its worth, i know a [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Kane[/name] and it works really well for her. Maybe something you guys can consider too!

Anyways, at least there are some names on there that are workable right?
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

LOL, sorry I shouldnt laugh at your suffering but this made me giggle. Let see if we can salvage this situation.
[name]Riley[/name]- This one actually has potential. [name]Ive[/name] always liked [name]Riley[/name] for a boy.
[name]Bastien[/name]- On its own it feels incomplete, but what about [name]Sebastian[/name] “[name]Bastian[/name]”? It strong, classic and not too common.
[name]Kenzo[/name]- um there is no salvaging this one. [name]Leo[/name]? [name]Milo[/name]?
[name]Magnus[/name]- Perhaps it would make a cool mn?
[name]Remington[/name]- This is a type of gun…does he know that?
[name]Lincoln[/name]- This one is actually kinda cool. You have president [name]Abraham[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name], which gives this modern surname a historic feel.
[name]Atlas[/name]- Total guilty pleasure of mine, but probably not something I would actually use.
[name]Adalynn[/name]- Yeah this is bad, but what about [name]Adelaide[/name]?
[name]Auden[/name]- Not terrible. Maybe [name]Autumn[/name] or [name]Arden[/name]??
[name]Thea[/name]- I actually think this name is really pretty.
[name]Isis[/name]- Maybe [name]Iris[/name]?
The rest of the girls names there really is no help for.

What name books do you guys own? Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name] has a lot of really good lists that might help in this situation. Here are some names for example that fall in the “perfect balance” category for people who want real names (ie you) that are still unique (your hubby):
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Celine[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
Gwynyth
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]

[name]Andreas[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Edison[/name]
[name]Finian[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Gordon[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Turner[/name]

A few others that come to mind:
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]- a non made up lyn name!
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]

asophie, [name]Lincoln[/name] is alright - it doesn’t do a lot for me, but it’s not objectionable in and of itself. It’s just the huge surge in popularity over the last few years squicks me out. I don’t mind a name being popular (see: [name]Elizabeth[/name], one of my choices that he’s agreed to put on the list). It’s the waxing and waning that bothers me. It’s like, [name]Jennifer[/name] versus [name]Catherine[/name], or [name]Tiffany[/name] versus [name]Marie[/name].

I like [name]Sebastian[/name], it’s a little fem but that doesn’t bother me. In fact, I suggested it b/c three syllable names that end in “n” sound great with our last name. But he won’t go for it because, y’know, he’s heard of someone named that before. GRRR! [name]Bastian[/name] is just too close to bastard!

Also, I have nothing against Japanese names or [name]Kenyan[/name] names or Norwegian names or whathaveyou… IF you’re Japanese/[name]Kenyan[/name]/Norwegian. Unless the name’s made it into the more-or-less common English naming lexicon (like [name]Camille[/name] or [name]Ivan[/name] or something), it sounds pretty damn wanky to name your kids that when you’re huge Anglo Americans. TBH I’ve never been a fan of reaching into your “heritage” for names - I find [name]Siobhan[/name], [name]Seamus[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Braelyn[/name], [name]Bronwyn[/name], etc. total wankery. I’m not making a political judgment; I just find it stupid.

[name]Auden[/name] would be nice on a boy. But I’m sure that won’t fly. He says [name]Jameson[/name] is “cooler on a girl.” Sigh. At least a girl with a boy’s name is better than a girl with a stupid name.

Fortunately, a couple of names that he sent weren’t utter crapola: [name]Carlton[/name] and [name]Yvette[/name]. ([name]Even[/name] gasp for a boy and girl, respectively.) [name]Yvette[/name] I actually really like but I’m put off by the recent huge surge in [name]Eve[/name]-related names. [name]Carlton[/name] is going on the list; it’s win.

I like [name]Natalie[/name] and [name]Valerie[/name] best of all names that end in the “-ee” sound. He does not.

[name]Leah[/name]
, I agree with you that [name]Thea[/name] is pretty (though I find [name]Rhea[/name] much prettier), but it doesn’t sound good with our last name. [name]IMO[/name] nothing short and ending in a vowel does.

He doesn’t like [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], or [name]Iris[/name].

Of the names you listed, [name]Geneva[/name] is sorta kinda on our list (I’m just not sold quite yet; I hate the place-name trend, though I know the name’s got a different origin). [name]Laurel[/name] won’t work because we’re southern (just trust me, a southern accent can’t pronounce it properly), though I’d really love it otherwise. Not a huge fan of any of the other girl names - [name]Celine[/name] reminds me of [name]Dion[/name], though I really like [name]Celia[/name], he doesn’t.

But your boy name list is GREAT! Several of those names were on my list! [name]Duncan[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Finian[/name], [name]Gordon[/name], and [name]Lucian[/name] were all shot down. I thought [name]Samson[/name] was shot down but DH’s list had it as a middle name. I think he keeps some names that he doesn’t outright reject as possibilities for combinations. He hasn’t totally rejected [name]Meredith[/name]. God, I hope I have two girls.

For boys, he also accepted [name]Titus[/name]. I plan on approaching [name]Timon[/name].

I think I’ve got a way to get him to accept another normal girl name or two, but I think I’ll post another thread about it…

[name]Hi[/name] there! I’m going to start by apologizing if I repeat anything anyone else has said - I did read everyones suggestions, but will probably forget. I really like a lot of the same names as you do, so hopefully I can help a bit!

Out of the names you’re considering, I like: [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Nadia[/name], [name]David[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name] and [name]Byron[/name]

Here are my suggestions:
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Ivory[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Elyse[/name]
[name]Trista[/name]
[name]Alannah[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Brylee[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Erica[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
Eiley
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
Briarly
[name]Gianna[/name]

[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bryson[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Ryland[/name]
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]

I had a bit of trouble thinking of boy names you might like, but hopefully this helps somewhat and gives you a few ideas. :slight_smile:

Vaness1, thank you, I see many familiar names there from my list. [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Celia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Julia[/name], and [name]Rhea[/name] have all been shot down. [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Archer[/name], [name]Roman[/name], [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], and [name]Owen[/name], same. Actually [name]Roman[/name] was a strong contender until we realized that [name]Roman[/name] is technically an adjective and [name]Kane[/name] sounds a lot like a noun - [name]Roman[/name] [name]Kane[/name] sounds like a walking stick for Mediterranean folk.

Oh, I forgot my favorite from his list - [name]Joelle[/name]. Really.

Me: “[name]Joelle[/name]? Like [name]Joel[/name] with a feminized ending tacked on?”
Him: “It’s French.”
Me: “Okay… well, what about [name]Noelle[/name]? If you like the sound of ‘[name]Joelle[/name],’ you should like [name]Noelle[/name] because it rhymes. It’s also a real name in English.”
Him: “I like the J in it.”
Me: “But… you just said that it’s French. [name]Noelle[/name] is French, too! And they rhyme! They’re like, practically the same name, except there aren’t any dudes named [name]Noel[/name]!”
Him: “I like the letter J.”

Sorry to hear that so many beautiful names have been shot down! I actually heard a name this morning and thought you might like it. Have you talked about the name [name]Virginia[/name] yet? I think its a really nice name, and as far as I can tell, it fits all of your criteria. Its classic and timeless, yet still unique. I’ve only met one virginia ever. It has 3 I’s, but has mostly consonants. It could be cutesy name, like your husband wants, but is also really classic sounding. You could use [name]GInny[/name] as a nick name, with the G making a sound like a J. Kind of like jenny, only cuter and less common. [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Story[/name] [name]Kane[/name]. I think that’s perfect! Let me know what you think.

Dear your partner should be doing more of the heavy lifting. His tastes are any name hat’s he never head before and also cute. What?! Good luck with that first husband.