Help, I'm too eccentric for my name!

So after being a lurker for a few months now, I’ve finally decided to take the plunge and become a member. [name]Hi[/name], y’all. :slight_smile:

With that out of the way, I’d like to kick off my membership by addressing a minor naming issue that’s been bugging me for quite some time. Let me start by giving you some info about my situation.

You see, I’ve never exactly been the type to fit in from day 1. I’m generally a lot more comfortable floating about in some parallel universe than talking about clothes, boys or the economy. I’ve been told I’m eloquent and imaginative, but am aware I can be quite moody and overly emotional at times. What can I say, I’m pretty much your average crazy writer.

The problem is, you would never be able to figure this out from my name. My mother has very practical Midwestern sensibilities when it comes to naming her children. So I’ve been stuck with [name]Sharon[/name] [name]Wong[/name] for what seems like an eternity. I’ve noticed [name]Sharon[/name] is much maligned on this website and while I certainly don’t think it’s THAT terrible, it is indeed terribly boring. I feel like she might as well just have named me [name]Jane[/name] [name]Doe[/name].

Perhaps you could all help me think up a potential pen name, something comforting to keep in my pocket for a rainy day? I’d like to keep my surname and my middle name, so you’d only have to help me think of first names. To give you an idea of what I like, I generally like girls names that are unusual but not at all frilly and pretentious. Names that exude that slight warrior queen vibe or pack a bit of feminine bite. Names like:

[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Roisin[/name]
[name]Toril[/name]
Svea
[name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Mattea[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Corliss[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]

Thanks for putting up with the wordiness! I’m REALLY looking forward to brainstorming with you!

[name]Seraphine[/name] came to mind.
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name], and [name]Corliss[/name] is actually a family surname for me. :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], and welcome to Nameberry! Your description of yourself sounds exactly like me, haha :slight_smile: I’m looking for a pen name/name change too. You and I don’t have exactly the same style, but since you have a few names I like a lot, you might want to look at my list of my own considerations. There’s a link in my sig. [name]Happy[/name] hunting! :slight_smile:

Wow, I never would have guessed! [name]Corliss[/name] sounds less surnamey than [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Peyton[/name] to me. I like it though. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Kerensa[/name] too. I’m thinking it would be a good midway point between me and my mom, since she was also partial to the name [name]Karen[/name]. XD

Thanks for the reply! I’ll look at your names and maybe we can brainstorm together.

I like corliss

Looking forward to it! You can also PM me, if you like :slight_smile:

It does doesn’t it?

Oh, that’s a nice connection there! I love [name]Kerensa[/name]. I also like [name]Karine[/name] (I say is Kuh-rin, some say it like [name]Karen[/name])

Thanks, [name]Lori[/name]!

I really like [name]Zelda[/name] myself, not least because I’m a casual gamer. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Wong[/name] does sound really great! Unfortunately, I’ve already named a character [name]Eleanor[/name] Chong, so that just might prove to be a bit of an obstacle. I guess I just listed it because I was wondering if people knew names with a similar feel.

Thanks for the great suggestions

I love [name]Kerensa[/name] too! [name]Rhiannon[/name] is also one of my favorite names.

Was also thinking [name]Thessaly[/name] or [name]Genoa[/name] for you- both place names- so if you’re not into that, then nevermind :slight_smile:

Good luck on the search!

I really like [name]Kerensa[/name] and [name]Mattea[/name]. Different, beautiful, strong. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thank you all for your awesome suggestions! Looks like many of us are on the same naming page here. :slight_smile:

And I do really like [name]Thessaly[/name] and a lot of other place names, actually. Thanks!