Help! Last minute change of plans!

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,

I was here a few months ago trying to figure out what to name our new bundle (team green), if he ended up being a boy. At the time, we were settled on our girl name…

Things have changed :slight_smile:

We now have our boy name settled ([name]Hugo[/name]) and we are having last minute thoughts about our girl name, truly last minute, because this baby will be here in the next week or two!

So, I am looking for any and all feedback.

We had previously chosen [name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] as our girl name. Our daughter is [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]. We have a hyphenated last name (3 syl/2 syl).

We are now leaning towards [name]Josephine[/name] as the first name, but we are stuck on a MN…anyone willing to pass along some suggestions?

Here’s my list so far (I am looking for a 1/2 syl name, but again, any suggestions are welcome):

josephine ruby
josephine pearl
josephine fay

Thank you in advance!!!

[name]Rebecca[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name],

I’m just wondering why you have abandoned [name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. Is it simply because you prefer [name]Josephine[/name]? If you still like [name]Iris[/name] I think [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is really pretty.

With [name]Josephine[/name] in combination with your long ln, i think the mn should be short and sweet. For this reason i prefer [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name] in the mn spot. [name]Ruby[/name] is short but loud somehow and I don’t like the flow of [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Fay[/name] because the fee - fay sounds amount to tongue twisters.

I love love [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. So pretty! [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would also be nice.

Thanks Austia & leah_9,

We loved [name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] up until a few days ago, now we are second guessing it mostly because it just doesn’t feel right. We also both feel like it has very few nn options, which is limiting.

The main issue that we are running into is that we are both LOVING the name [name]Josephine[/name] as the first name…

We’ve been discussing all day and here is where we stand (note: Hubby wants to not use [name]Iris[/name] for a mn, in case we end up with a girl for #3, he also wants to use a 2 syl name for the mn, so I am trying to stay within those parameters):

josephine hazel
josephine pearl
josephine cordelia
josephine aster
josephine violet
josephine maeve

[name]Love[/name] it? Hate it? Tell it to me straight, I can take it! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input!

Out of your choices I like [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Aster[/name].
If you’re going for the same # of syllables as [name]Evelyn[/name]'s name then maybe [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Matilde[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]?

[name]Lindsay[/name]