Help! Looking for names meaning “Willow tree”

Hello, my wife and I are struggling to find names that mean willow or willow tree. We have a naming theme going, children named after the celtic tree zodiac of their birth… and our next is looking to be willow. Aside from the name [name_u]Willow[/name_u] it’s self, the handful of other names we found don’t seem to hold that meaning. On site will day it means willow tree, or something of that nature, then when we double check… other sites say it means praise of God or something totally different… this form helped name our daughter, she was BORN, and the hospital was waiting on the name, and you guys helped us choose… so hoping for that help again… just way earlier this time, lol.
Thank you in advance!

Those are basically ALL the names we’ve found, lol. Those plus [name_m]Salix[/name_m] and [name_f]Iva[/name_f]. None are really wowing us yet… this may end up being a long winded search…
thank you!

I personally love the name [name_u]Selby[/name_u], but I know it’s not everybody’s taste.

I also don’t see [name_m]Wilton[/name_m] suggested yet, I believe it means ‘[name_u]Willow[/name_u] Town’

It’s a bit of a stretch, but maybe you would consider any [name_m]Will[/name_m]- name to have a connection to willow trees, even if the actual meaning is different? [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Wilson[/name_m], etc. [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] is also similar to [name_u]Willow[/name_u], or [name_f]Whitley[/name_f], maybe? Also, an [name_f]Iva[/name_f] could be nicknamed [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] if you prefer that, but with [name_f]Iva[/name_f] on the birth certificate.

All of the following mean willow tree unless otherwise indicated. The language associated is in parenthesis. Gender is also shown.

• [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] (Scottish) m --> means willow woods
  • Lieu (Vietnamese) f
  • [name_u]Kai[/name_u] (Hopi, Navajo) m/f
  • [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] ([name_f]English[/name_f]) m
  • [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] ([name_f]English[/name_f]) m/f --> means farm near the willows
  • [name_u]Willow[/name_u] ([name_f]English[/name_f]) f

Very detailed! Thank you!

1 Like

I would look up the word [name_u]Willow[/name_u] in as many other languages (you could start with google translate) as possible and see if any of them look and sound lovely.

1 Like