Help! Looking for opinions on Georgia and middle name suggestions

Hello!

I’m brand new here and looking for your thoughts on the baby girl name [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], and any suggestions with the same ring; pretty, preppy, unique. I have an older son named [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and our last name is [name_m]Barnes[/name_m]…

Also looking for middle name suggestions,

Thank you tons!

I love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], it’s unusual without being too offbeat.

Middle name suggestions:
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Sabine[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps.

Lots of people have been adding this to their lists on Namberry this month - I feel like I’m seeing it everywhere! That being said I don’t think it’s popular - probably now just getting on people’s radar.

I don’t like the name personally along with all other US state names ([name_f]Virginia[/name_f], [name_u]Montana[/name_u], [name_u]Dakota[/name_u], etc). I think a lot of people that live in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] find them tacky, myself included. Not sure where you’re from, but I don’t think the same stigma would hold true if you’re from Europe or somewhere else.

For example, I quite like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and it’s becoming a favourite in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u]. If you tell an Aussie that name they laugh out loud as if someone has just come up with the most ridiculous name. They think it sounds uber tacky.

It’s all about context and geography with place names I think…

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is not really considered tacky in [name_u]America[/name_u]. I know many Georgias and I think it’s a fine name.

I like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - it is strong yet flexible. I like the nicknames [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], [name_f]Gia[/name_f], and [name_f]GiGi[/name_f].

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (B) arnes sounds fantastic. I also like:

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], meredithjane!

My top suggestions:

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] {and}

{g} [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]

{b} [name_u]Chandler[/name_u], [name_m]Grayson[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is lovely. I don’t think it’s tacky and if that association is there because of a southern association, [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is quite a beautiful state. Or that it’s tacky to name people after places, I think of [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] as a name and then a place (unlike [name_u]Montana[/name_u], which is a state and rarely used a baby name). It’s a lesser used classic [name_f]IMO[/name_f] and the most direct feminization of [name_m]George[/name_m], following very old naming tradition.

For suggestions:

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] / triz / trice
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]

Not sure what you’re looking for as far as middles go…

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Corisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Amoret[/name_f]

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is not my personal style, but it’s lovely, and the possible nickname [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] is adorable. I don’t find it tacky - or if it is, then she’ll be joining plenty of little Dakotas and Virginias in the tacky club.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] has been on my list for quite awhile and I always got mixed feedback from it on nameberry. BUT I think its a gorgeous name. I think of a person first. The state rarely crosses my mind and I live in [name_u]America[/name_u]. It does NOT go along the lines of naming your child [name_u]Montana[/name_u]. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is a classic name :slight_smile: It makes me think of a frilly, curly haired, big eyed, very sweet little girl with great manners.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]

Oh I love that :slight_smile: it is so sweet. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be my favorite pairings.

I like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]! I find it to be feminine but with an edge, lots of great nickname choices too. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] are a nice pair.

Sisters for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]- [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Regina[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

Middles:

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], and I think it works really, really well with your surname and your son’s name.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]

(apparently I’m liking C names with L sounds in them with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]…)