Help making a name from a nickname

My grandmother’s name is [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], but growing up, her NN was Tink, a short form of Tinkerbell.
I would love to honor her name in some way, but apart from the obvious [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] and Tinkerbell, two names I feel unusable for me, I can’t seem to find any that fit.
Possibly something with “tink” in it that can lead to the same NN.
I really am open to any suggestions.
Thanks Berries!

Nothing pops out at me with the exact letters “tink” in it… but I was wondering if you could go with another belle name and then use the nn Tink? Or a T name?

Maybe just [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and you can call her Tinkerbell? I also have a friend who has a daughter named [name_u]Teegan[/name_u] and she calls her Tink. I doubt this was helpful but I tried.

I like PP’s suggestion of using [name_f]Belle[/name_f], or maybe even a -bella name could work!

Most of the names I thought of don’t have ‘tink’ in them, but I think the -tine and -tina sound is close enough.

[name_f]Tina[/name_f]
[name_f]Christina[/name_f]/[name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestina[/name_f]/[name_f]Celestine[/name_f]
[name_f]Kristin[/name_f]
[name_f]Destiny[/name_f]
[name_f]Martina[/name_f]
[name_f]Justine[/name_f]
[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]/[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

I agree that using a -belle name would work (maybe [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] with the -ara from [name_f]Barbara[/name_f]) or even just using the nickname Tink for any name you choose. I think for Tink, since it doesn’t have a known name that it comes from (other than a Disney character) it would be fine to use no matter the name. If you really want something with Tink in it there is [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] and [name_f]Tinka[/name_f], but if you are looking for a name people have heard of I don’t think these are it. Personally, I would just find a name that I really loved and still use the nickname Tink!

Thank you for all the suggestions, I realize it’s a very hard question.
I like the idea of [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], tying in [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] and Tinkerbell. But I’m not really too keen in the name itself.

Maybe [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]/[name_f]Tiana[/name_f] nn Tink?

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]. It’s a nice way to tie [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] ([name_u]Ara[/name_u]-) and Tinkerbell (-bell-) together.

What about [name_f]Katinka[/name_f], [name_f]Martinka[/name_f], or [name_f]Terinka[/name_f]?

I also agree that [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] is the perfect solution. If you don’t love it, how about [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]?

I like the suggestion of a [name_f]Belle[/name_f] name and using the nn Tink. But, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] names are very popular now, so if you wanted some that are a little less popular, some suggestions I have would be: [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], or [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f].

Another suggestion would be names that mean [name_f]Fairy[/name_f]. It may be a stretch, but I think it’s worth a try.
Some names with the meaning [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] (or something similar) are [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Pari[/name_f], [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Fay[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Tiana[/name_f], or [name_f]Parisa[/name_f]. I think all of them would work fine with the nn Tink, but it may be too much of a stretch for you.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] would be perfect, but it is rather out there.

[name_f]Christabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Claribel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maribel[/name_f]
Rosabel
[name_f]Belinda[/name_f]

[name_f]Varya[/name_f] is a pretty Russian variant of [name_f]Barbara[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] would work! It has the hard K, the punctual T and the -in.

Maybe [name_f]Christine[/name_f]/[name_f]Christina[/name_f], basically any -tine or -tina names.

I know a young woman named Tikina and I think you could easily get Tink from it as all the letters are there.

[name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Trinity[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Trinity[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestina[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabella[/name_f]

[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] or [name_f]Tenley[/name_f] have a very distinct “tin” sound so maybe adding the “k” isn’t too much of a stretch the same way that adding “ie” is done to other names to create a nickname.

I like the idea of [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], but if you’re not too keen on those maybe [name_f]Tiana[/name_f] / [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]? [name_f]Tiana[/name_f] means fairy queen, also it has T I and N which could make the nn Tink? [name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought. Maybe even [name_f]Tiana[/name_f] / [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] / [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] as a full name?

Tinika(Ti-Nee-Ka) Meaning:The glorious and beautiful
[name_u]Or[/name_u] Tinka:meaning [name_f]Queen[/name_f]