Help me choose a boy name

I like strong, classic, biblical names that aren’t too common. Which one of these do you like best? Any other suggestions?

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] ([name_u]Love[/name_u], but don’t care for [name_m]Pete[/name_m])
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] (Hubby thinks it’s a “sissy” name. I don’t agree.)
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] ([name_m]Don[/name_m]'t like [name_m]Steve[/name_m] though)
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] (Afraid this one is too popular)

My favorites are [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m].

[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Justus[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u]: [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_m]Joel[/name_m]

Like: [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m]

Dislike: [name_m]Luke[/name_m]

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. I can get behind [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] (I don’t think it’ll automatically get shortened) and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] (but I do like [name_m]Pete[/name_m]). I do not like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] or [name_m]Phillip[/name_m].

Suggestions:
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] (I love this for you)
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]

love [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. None of the men named [name_m]Peter[/name_m] that I know go by [name_m]Pete[/name_m]. They all use the full name. It is only 2 syllables!

I love [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] and [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. Other Biblical names I love:

[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]

[name_m]Peter[/name_m]! The only Peters who go by [name_m]Pete[/name_m] that I know are my dad’s age. Any my age or younger are exclusively [name_m]Peter[/name_m]? I love [name_m]Peter[/name_m] a lot. [name_m]Joel[/name_m] is also cool, but [name_m]Peter[/name_m] gets my vote.

I’m almost certainly naming my soon-to-be son [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_m]Philip[/name_m] was our runner up name, so I obviously love your taste in names (and that also gives you an idea of my favorites from your list). [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] were also on our short list.

I personally like the name [name_m]Pete[/name_m] (sounds cool and laid back, like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_u]Nick[/name_u] to me), but I don’t think it’s an automatic go-to. [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of Peters go by just [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and nicknames generally are less-used than they used to be.

I’m not really a fan of Joel, though I don’t have the same image of the name as your husband. To me, it has kind of a cheesy step-dad vibe to it, if that makes any sense. Stephen is a nice choice - I can almost imagine it as ready-for-a-comeback (my older brother is a Steve, so its kind of a name that I never really hear with fresh ears.) Luke is fine, but definitely very popular.

[name_m]Phillip[/name_m], [name_m]Joel[/name_m], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_u]Micah[/name_u], and malachi are among my favorites

Thanks everyone! I’m really leaning towards [name_m]Peter[/name_m] or [name_m]Philip[/name_m]. I don’t know if my husband will ever be on board with [name_m]Joel[/name_m] or [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. I really like [name_m]Luke[/name_m], but I just think it’s too popular.

Some of these other suggestions are great as well! [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] has always been one of my top picks but our really good friends ended up using it.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Noah[/name_u]?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there,

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]

On a side note my family all call my brother [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] Ste for short. ”

I love [name_m]Joel[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Philip[/name_m] best from your list. I also like [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] and [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m].