Help me choose a name for baby #2

So I found out a couple weeks ago that I’m expecting and I didn’t think I would need any help with names but here I am only 7 weeks along and I’m having doubts. The background: When I was pregnant with baby #1 I told my grandma that if it were a girl I’d name her [name]Georgia[/name] after her which made her very happy (she has always wanted a little great-grand-daughter named after her and I’ve always loved the name [name]Georgia[/name] so win-win). Well we had a boy and we named him [name]Ian[/name], a name my husband and I both loved equally. [name]Do[/name] you see where this is going? Are [name]Ian[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] that bad together? My husband and I still love the name [name]Georgia[/name] so that isn’t an issue. I just think the names are so different in style that they look weird together. And I know I shouldn’t but I’d feel bad if we didn’t end up naming a girl [name]Georgia[/name]. But there really aren’t a lot of other girl names we like. We like the idea of having an [name]Eloise[/name] and maybe going with a vowel theme (we plan on having one more after this). But then we’re kind of just picking a name (which we really do like) to fit with a theme. All this and we might not even have a girl. I guess what I’m asking is, do you guys think they sound too weird together? Thanks in advance!

[name]Jennifer[/name]

I think [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Ian[/name] are very sweet together. They aren’t matchy but they don’t sound totally wrong together. You seem to have a real connection with [name]Georgia[/name]. You and your DH agree on it, it has strong family connection, there aren’t any other names you love at the moment. [name]Georgia[/name] is a beautiful name and I think it is very nice with [name]Ian[/name]. So, go with [name]Georgia[/name], especially since you love it! [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is very nice if you do want to use [name]Eloise[/name] as well.

Go with [name]Georgia[/name] the combo is fine, and [name]Eloise[/name] is a sweet name for a future sister too.

I think [name]Ian[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] are great for siblings.

I don’t see what’s so mismatched about these?

Anyway, my rule is, always prioritize individual naming over making sibling sets, and when thinking about sets, err on the side of too different rather than too similar.

I agree, I dont see how they dont go together. [name]Both[/name] are traditional classical names with modern flair. They are similar in popularity and I think they complement one other very well. Had you of asked for suggestions for sibling names for [name]Ian[/name], I might very well have suggested [name]Georgia[/name]. I think they are perfect! [name]Ian[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], and [name]Eloise[/name] would make a nice set too!

I agree with everyone else. Go with [name]Georgia[/name]. It’ll be really sweet for her to be named after your grandmother, and I don’t think they clash. They’re not matchy matchy, but they’re not hugely dissimilar. I can totally see siblings named [name]Ian[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] and I wouldn’t think it the least bit odd.