help me choose a name!

See the results of this poll: Vote for baby boy’s name

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Walter James : 33 (73%)
  • Roger James : 5 (11%)
  • Clay James: 7 (16%)

1 [name]Walter[/name] [name]James[/name] - I like the vintage and classic blend of this combo!

2 [name]Roger[/name] [name]James[/name] - I’m slowly coming around to [name]Roger[/name] as a first name. The only issue with this combo: the “g” in [name]Roger[/name] and the “J” in [name]James[/name] have a choppy sound so I don’t like the way they flow very much.

3 [name]Clay[/name] [name]James[/name] - Sorry but I’m not liking the combo [name]Clay[/name] [name]James[/name] for a couple of reasons: (1) both names are one-syllable and (2) both names have a prominent “ay” sound.

I voted [name]Walter[/name] [name]James[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Clay[/name] [name]James[/name] would have gotten my vote, except for the reasons that @mischa stated. It’s a bit too abrupt/stunted in flow for me. Have you thought about [name]Clayton[/name] [name]James[/name], nn [name]Clay[/name]?

I voted for [name]Walter[/name] [name]James[/name]. I also like [name]James[/name] [name]Clay[/name], rather than [name]Clay[/name] [name]James[/name].

I’m the one lone vote for [name]Roger[/name] [name]James[/name]. :slight_smile: I have a soft spot for the name and would love to see it come back. [name]Walter[/name] is nice, but it’s awfully stern. I love [name]Clay[/name], but I don’t like the [name]Clay[/name] [name]James[/name] combo. I agree with the earlier poster who suggested [name]Clayton[/name] [name]James[/name]. Better flow, but you still can use [name]Clay[/name] for the nickname. :slight_smile:

I originally chose [name]Walter[/name] [name]James[/name], but reading the other posts, I agree that if you lengthen [name]Clay[/name], I’d prefer that one. Maybe [name]Barclay[/name] [name]James[/name]?

I voted for [name]Walter[/name]. I think it’s kinda retro cool. I think I’d prefer something like [name]Arthur[/name] [name]James[/name], though.

I love the suggestion [name]Clayton[/name] [name]James[/name].