Help me choose a new name for myself?

Hello, Berries! I’m a newbie who’s been scrolling through this forum for awhile. I decided to finally make an account so I could ask you all to help me with something I’ve been sort of struggling with: finding a new name for *myself.*:sweat_smile:

The reason:

I do like my name: [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]. I think it’s pretty and sweet and it fits my ‘big ol softie’ personality (or so I’ve been told)! But these past 5-6 years have been really really difficult for me (I won’t go into detail, but I… almost wasn’t here) and, now that I’m getting a bit better, I wanted to start over again with a new name for myself. Like a new beginning!

Preferences

• Because of the reason I’m changing my name, I would love for it to have a similar — or beautiful in general — meaning. Like “healed”, “brave”, “fighter”, “hope”, “light”, “freedom”, “strength”, “faith”, “peace”, “victory”, “precious”, etc. anything that I can think about to help remind myself of how far I’ve come. :blush:

• I would prefer the name not be so popular. Nothing really bizarre or made-up-sounding haha, but also nothing you hear all the time \ something more unique. (i.e. I think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]’s very pretty, but it’s far too popular for me: so nothing in the top 200 at least?)

• Although I am supposed to be starting over, I’ve always loved the N in the beginning of my name, so N names would be amazing if you can find them! M names as well, because my mother’s nickname for me begins with one. :slight_smile:

Names I’ve liked so far (in no particular order)

[name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] / [name_f]Noemie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]
Maili (mah—ee—lee, Hawaiian, “a gentle breeze”)
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f]

Name combo suggestions are welcome as well! Anything helps, thanks so much everyone!!!

[name_f]Althea[/name_f] “with healing power”
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] “beautiful”
[name_f]Brianna[/name_f] "“strong, virtuous and honorable”
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] “she who brings happiness; blessed”
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] “heavenly”
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] “mild, merciful”
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] “prosperous in war”
[name_f]Ester[/name_f] “star”
[name_f]Irene[/name_f] “peace”
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] “light”
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] “renowned warrior”
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] “lovable”
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] “battle-mighty”
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f] “strong in work”
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f] “hope”
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] “bright, shining one”
[name_f]Nera[/name_f] “candle, light”
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f] “people of victory”
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] “goal”
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] “radiant, shining one”
[name_f]Renee[/name_f] “Reborn”

2 Likes

Thank you!! I especially love [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (and it’s variations as well, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] / [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f]), [name_f]Nera[/name_f], [name_f]Nadine[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], and [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I think it’s great that you’re giving yourself a fresh start!

[name_f]Sia[/name_f]- “victory”
[name_f]Signy[/name_f]/[name_f]Signe[/name_f]- “new victory”
[name_f]Neoma[/name_f]- “new moon” (maybe too similar sound to [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] though?)
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]- “happy” or “carefree”
[name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]- “bright”
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]/[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]- “noble strength”
[name_f]Idony[/name_f]- “renewal”
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]- “health” or “strength”
[name_f]Anika[/name_f]- “grace”
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]- “sweet speaking”
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]- “bright” or “clear”
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]- “brave” or “strong”
[name_f]Ilka[/name_f]/[name_f]Yelena[/name_f]- “bright shining one” (both lesser used forms of [name_f]Helen[/name_f])
[name_f]Clarimond[/name_f]- “light of the world”
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]- “soft breeze”

2 Likes

Thank you so much! So many lovely names here, some of I’ve never even heard of before. I love [name_f]Signe[/name_f], [name_f]Audra[/name_f]/[name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Anika[/name_f], [name_f]Idony[/name_f], [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aura[/name_f] especially!

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] or [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] sound perfect

Thanks love! Those 2 are in the top part of my list right now, especially [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] since it sounds so unique to me. :slight_smile: