Help me choose from my top 5!

See the results of this poll: Which first name is your fav?

Respondents: 73 (This poll is closed)

• Einin (AY-neen) : 7 (8%)
  • Nora : 33 (36%)
  • Oonagh : 10 (11%)
  • Aoife (EE-fa) : 19 (21%)
  • Lark: 22 (24%)
  1. [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
  2. Einin
  3. [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] (if its pronounced oo-nah or something similar)

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is a delightful choice.

I think it is best to choose the first name you love and then the middle name rather than a combo right off the top, as we risk discarding a first name that would be perfect because the middle that it was initially paired with. I love Oongh although I prefer the spelling [name_f]Oona[/name_f].

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] gets my vote. My second pick is [name_f]Lark[/name_f].

[name_f]Aoife[/name_f] is my pick! It’s gorgeous.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is my favorite.

I voted for [name_f]Nora[/name_f] as it would have been on my list if it wasn’t DH’s cousin name. (I do have Endora and always wanted [name_f]Nora[/name_f] as a nn).

I think for me it would depend a bit on where you live and what your heritage is. I like Einin, [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] and [name_f]Aoife[/name_f] but think they would be difficult for people in the US. I know it doesn’t really matter and once can teach everyone but… I went to school with a [name_f]Siobahn[/name_f] and she got really annoyed and started going by her mn [name_f]Ann[/name_f] instead. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Lark[/name_f] are just as nice and easier for the average bear than Irish spellings. (If it’s less about the spelling and hertiage and more about the sound then maybe [name_f]Una[/name_f] or [name_f]Oona[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] for example might help bridge that gap).

If that’s not a concern [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] and Einin are my favs.

I love [name_f]Aoife[/name_f]! She’s gets my vote! :slight_smile:

I love them all (helpful!)

[name_f]Oona[/name_f] and [name_f]Lark[/name_f] are probably my favourites, but I have to say I find the [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] spelling off-putting.

Einin is intriguing and has a lovely look and sound. [name_f]Aoife[/name_f] is beautiful too, possibly would get confused with [name_f]Eva[/name_f] though. Great mythological connection.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is a great name but I find it the plainest/safest of the bunch. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about [name_f]Noor[/name_f]?

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Lark[/name_f] for me.

I think that [name_f]Nora[/name_f] may be too plain given the fact your other choices are more outlandish.

1. [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] (I prefer [name_f]Oona[/name_f])
  2. [name_f]Aoife[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Lark[/name_f] (perhaps better as a middle? [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f] or [name_f]Aoife[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f] would be drop dead gorgeous)

I think that [name_f]Nora[/name_f] may be too plain given the fact your other choices are more outlandish.

1. [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] (I prefer [name_f]Oona[/name_f])
  2. [name_f]Aoife[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Lark[/name_f] (perhaps better as a middle? [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f] or [name_f]Aoife[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f] would be drop dead gorgeous)

[name_f]Lark[/name_f] is my favorite! Followed by [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Oonagh[/name_f] (though I prefer [name_f]Una[/name_f]/[name_f]Oona[/name_f])

All of them are very pretty names though!