Help me choose

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone, I’m an indecisive long time lurker.

I think I’ve narrowed down my choices to four if baby is a boy:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]

They are all fairly mainstream names and I know of children or colleague’s children that have these names but they are all ones I really love (and that’s the problem, I can’t choose!)

When I imagine my future son I can clearly ‘see’ that his name is [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (if that makes sense!) and also [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] could be combined with any of these for a middle name. I also really love [name_m]George[/name_m] (but I’m not sure if it suits a baby or young child necessarily and my family think it’s too staid.) I like [name_u]Mason[/name_u] because I really like the nickname ‘[name_m]Ace[/name_m]’ (but think it’s a bit out there to use as a first name) and I like [name_u]Max[/name_u] too (despite the occassional, ‘isn’t that a dog’s name?’ comment.)

My long list was as follows (to give you an idea) (and it was a long [name_m]LONG[/name_m] list) [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], [name_m]Connor[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Harry[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], [name_m]Mack[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Gabe[/name_m], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Barney[/name_m], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

I just don’t know how to pick just one (or two if I were to combine them for a middle name too) when I like them all so much!

FYI, I’m pretty set on my girl’s name as [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (with a back-up of [name_f]Ava[/name_f] because my sister really likes [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] too, so it’s a race to see if or who has a girl first!)

It sounds like you’ve already chosen [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. It’s a berry favorite so I’m kind of sick of seeing it. My favorite from your list is [name_u]Mason[/name_u]. Statistically it’s more popular but I’ve never met or heard of a real person named [name_u]Mason[/name_u]. However I think you should go with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] if you see your son with that name. I understand what you mean because I’ve said the same thing and people thought I was nuts.

My favorite is [name_m]George[/name_m]! A long time favorite of mine. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] would be my second choice!