Help me decide which one is better

I have two names, four combos, which of each do you like best, please. A why or why not would be lovely too. :slight_smile:

Here:
[name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]?

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Maud[/name] [name]Portia[/name] Rupinder? (Since [name]Cleo[/name]'s gone by the wayside as a nickname)

and a question, What do you think of [name]Tullia[/name]? she’s been enchanting me recently.

Thanks!

[name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. [name]Ruby[/name] is precious, and [name]Iris[/name] is just more interesting than [name]Elinor[/name]. I also like the matching rhythm of [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] together.

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. As you would say, swoon :wink: I have nothing against [name]Portia[/name] Rupinder, but [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] just makes my toes curl. I [name]LOVE[/name] it. Enough that if you don’t use it, I might steal it.

I like [name]Tullia[/name] in the abstract, but then when I say it aloud I keep hearing “tulle” and “tool” and “tulip.” What do you think of [name]Tallulah[/name] as an alternative? Too trendy?

ugh, i already responded to this, but i just got a new laptop and am getting used to the touch pad and buttons and everything and somehow i erased it… no idea how.

I definitely prefer [name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. I love [name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], but I don’t think [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Elinor[/name] is that right match for it. [name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] though? Beauty!

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is my favorite of the whole bunch! She feels so very balanced. Gorgeous, yet grounded. [name]Maud[/name] [name]Portia[/name] Rupinder doesn’t work for me, [name]Portia[/name] just doesn’t seem to work in the middle, I’d prefer [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] Rupinder… [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] just works beautifully together.

[name]Tullia[/name]- would that be Tool-EE-ah or Tool-ya? Either way, I like it. Does remind me of Tulle and Tulips, but neither of those are bad associations! [name]Tullia[/name] could be really beautiful in the right combination.

[name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]? These are both really pretty, but I love [name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Iris[/name] a little more. I think it’s because when you combine [name]Lucretia[/name] with [name]Ruby[/name] with [name]Iris[/name], [name]Lucretia[/name] stays in the spot light. It’s the only name in the three names that has an “l” and the only one with three syllables. When you put [name]Elinor[/name] into the mix with [name]Lucretia[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Elinor[/name] has an “l” and three syllables so suddenly [name]Ruby[/name] is the star that’s different and stands out. I think [name]Lucretia[/name] should be the star of the show.

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Maud[/name] [name]Portia[/name] Rupinder? I find it very satisfying to say [name]Maud[/name] and [name]India[/name] together. It’s lots of fun. Then [name]Scarlet[/name] takes it up to heaven. mmmmm…

and a question, What do you think of [name]Tullia[/name]? she’s been enchanting me recently. What are you going to put her with?

Thanks guys!
[name]Melissa[/name], [name]Tullia[/name] is three syllables for me, tull-ee-ah. I’m working on combos now. Had it up front but I think the middle’s a better place. Funny you brought up [name]Tallulah[/name]. I adore it, and it was the name of my Grandad’s mother (My Pop’s Pop). I think it’s awesome and spuky as all get out but I wonder if it’s too tied to [name]Demi[/name] & [name]Bruce[/name]'s girl?

[name]Lyndsay[/name], thanks for trying again. I do that here too, there’s some odd keystroke that erases everything. If I figure out which one it is, I’ll let you know, since you seem to be doing it too! No stealing until I’m sure another one’s never going to happen! I’ve moved her to my front runner, I love her so much. As for [name]Tullia[/name], tull-ee-ah, not quite tool.

[name]Tullia[/name] is lovely and much less trendy than [name]Tallulah[/name]. I like it! Also, I have to agree with the other posters that [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is gorgeous! Perfect balance and exoticism without being weird or trendy sounding. I’m envious :slight_smile:

[name]Tallulah[/name], trendy? She’s never been on the SSA charts, ever. I checked. I know she’s heard a small bit, but never more than that. [name]How[/name] is [name]Tallulah[/name] trendy? (I have to know) :smiley:

I can see how you’d consider [name]Tallulah[/name] trendy. Obviously it’s really not if it’s never charted. It’s just got a trendy sound, like [name]Delilah[/name], I can’t check how that’s charted, but it seems trendy to me, even though it’s not. [name]Tallulah[/name] has been used by a celebrity or two, right? That kinda makes names seem more popular than they are.

I checked [name]Delilah[/name] for you, [name]Lyndsay[/name], The years she charted: 1881-1905, 1908 - 1924, 1926. 1928 - 1937, 1941 - 1944, 1948 - 1958, 1960, 1970 - 1971, 1973 - 1980, 1982 - 1988, 1997 - 2007 and in 2007 she ranked 298, higher than she ever has before.

And [name]Tallulah[/name]'s trendy, Hah! :smiley: Three celebritites have used tallulah, I think: The [name]Willis[/name], LeBon & [name]Dempsey[/name], If I recall right. I’m not worrid about those three. In fact, [name]Dempsey[/name]'s [name]Tallulah[/name]'s the youngest, I believe. LeBon’s has got to be a late teen, if not in her early 20’s by now, and [name]Willis[/name] is a late teen herself, no? Mid teen maybe? I forget those kids a lot. it doesn’t bother me since there is a family connection, tenuous as it may be.

I think it just feels trendier because it has celebrity status. (Not only [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Demi[/name], but also Dr. McWhosis from [name]Gray[/name]'s Anatomy.) So maybe that makes it appeal to folks who want a totally off-the-charts name. Regardless, I think [name]Talullah[/name] is adorable.

Thanks [name]Melissa[/name]! I blogged about [name]Tallulah[/name] today. I’m really digging her sound and the family link. Quite a few of the names on my list are those “totally off the chart” sort of names, [name]Ottilie[/name] (since 1905), [name]Cecily[/name] (ony twice on, ever), [name]Maud[/name] (since 1933), [name]Winifred[/name] (since 1965), [name]Lucretia[/name] (since 1977), [name]Zelda[/name] (since 1967) & Pomeline (another never). My guys are a bit more popular, most of them have been on the charts but not recently. I think [name]Arthur[/name] & [name]Clarence[/name] are the only two still on the charts, [name]Clarence[/name] art 845, [name]Arthur[/name] at 374. [name]Rufus[/name] (1988), [name]Barnaby[/name] (never), [name]Remy[/name] (never), [name]Cosmo[/name] (1926) & [name]August[/name] (surprising, at 607) So out of my girls, there’s none on the charts presently and of the boys, three are on the charts, the other four are not.

So, [name]Tallulah[/name] fits for me! That was quite a bit more long winded than I intended, sorry! :slight_smile: